• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Eeveelutions (Espeon / Leafeon / Jolteon / Vaporeon / Flareon)

Soul

Urusai Urusai Urusai
Pokemon:

• 4x Eevee (Ability)
    2x Espeon PF
    2x Leafeon PF
    2x Jolteon DE
    2x Vaporeon PF
    2x Flareon PF
    2x Deoxys EX
    2x Absol PF
    = 18
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4x N
    3x Skyla
    2x Xerosic
    1x Lysandre
    1x Lysandre's Trump Card
    2x Pokémon Fanclub
    3x Battle Compressor
    2x VS Seeker
    3x Silver Bangle
    3x Colress Machine
    1x Substitute Robot
    2x Professor's Letter
    1x Dowsing Machine
    = 28
Energy:

• 4x Plasma Energy
    2x Darkness Energy
    1x Grass Energy
    2x Lightning Energy
    2x Water Energy
    1x Fire Energy
    2x Psychic Energy
    = 14

Strategy:
I use the Eevee from Furious Fists for instant evolution. Many differeny colors for ohkos on most Pokémon.
Eevee + Lightning Energy + Silver Bangle = 180 damage vs Yveltal
Eevee + Grass Energy = x40 damage vs Seismitoad
Eevee + Psychic Energy + Silver Bangle + 2 Deoxys = 180 damage vs Mewtwo, Lucario etc or Ohko's on benched Trubbishs

Absol takes care of Gengar EX. The supporters I play are kinda weird but in theory they should work pretty well since I don't need a lot of different cards to make my strategy work. Xerosic is very good against Garbodor and decks that use a lot of Special Energies. Lysandre's Trump Card basically gives you unlimited resources.

Appreciating any kind of suggestions you guys have! :)

I too run Eeveelutions in 1 of my tournament decks. Following are some thoughts for your consideration:

• There are only 4 card-draw Supporters in the entire deck (most competitive decks I've seen run 10-12). 4 is painfully insufficient, IMO.
  • In relying upon "fragile" (i.e., low HP, easily 1HKOd) Eevee (and even the Eeveelutions), you may need to recover and recycle the discarded Poké back into your deck quickly; so, a Sacred Ash could be quite useful.
  • You are relying upon Eevee's Ability to evolve to the right Eeveelution by attaching the "right" energy. What if your opponent has Garbotoxin in effect?
  • After lots of play-testing and even a few tournaments, I decided to just run Leafeon and Glaceon in my deck. Leafeon is a FANTASTIC attacker against most decks and much better than the other Eeveelutions too, IMO. Glaceon not only provides some free retreating support, it also is a solid Pyroar and Landorus EX counter too. However, since I ran Kyurem (PF) in my deck too for bench sniping, I decided that Espeon (PF) was not needed at all.
  • Consider reviewing the decks you think you will encounter the most and narrowing your deck's focus to just a few Eeveelutions. In doing so, your deck can gain speed and increased efficiency. For example, you could drop:
    • Espeon (Deoxys is a superior attacker and Kyurem (PF) has higher HP, easier to setup, and can also snipe opponents' benches too);
    • Jolteon since there's a good chance you would need to 2HKO an Yveltal EX (especially if they an opponent has Shadow Circle in play); and
    • Flareon since you need Poké in your discard pile to fuel Flareon's attack which could prove fatal if you have the wrong Poké in place to respond when your opponent KOs Flareon.
  • I've found that running a few Energy Switch can be quite helpful when running different types of Basic energy. IMO, running Rainbow energy provides greater flexibility, although the receiving Poké takes 1 damage counter too.
  • Why Xerosic? In the "long run" will this card (even 2x) make that much difference? IMO, these cards are not useful in htis deck.
  • Why Battle Compressor? Why search for cards that will be discarded and that can not be used immediately thereafter? IMO, these cards are not useful in htis deck.
  • Why Substitue Robot? I don't understand its purpose in this deck. You'd be better served by just incorporating another Deoxys EX perhaps.
  • Why no Shadow Triad?
Given the above comments, I'd suggest the following changes:

• -2 Espeon
    -2 Jolteon
    -2 Flareon
    -1 Absol
    -2 Xerosic
    -3 Battle Compressor
    -1 Substitute Robot

-1 Grass
    -2 Lightning
    -1 Fire

+1 Sacresd Ash
    +4 Professor Juniper/Sycamore
    +2 Colress
    +2 Team Plasma Ball
    +2 Shadow Triad
    +2 Kyurem (PF)

+2 Psychic
    +2 Water
I hope you find these comments helpful.

Tuxedo, I have been trying to put up a list to use in the next regionals to happen on 15th, Nov.

So far I am going for something like Thundurus EX, Kyurem Plasma, Jolteon (holds almost every meta deck), Glaceon (Retreat and solid Pyroar + Landorus counter) and Flareon (VirGen is a solid meta and I couldn't find a better way to stop it).

What you think? Should Leafeon really be there and Flareon should be dropped? Is jolteon that useless really? How can I easily stop Yveltal and VirGen without Jolteon and Flareon?

Luxiel said:
So far I am going for something like Thundurus EX, Kyurem Plasma, Jolteon (holds almost every meta deck), Glaceon (Retreat and solid Pyroar + Landorus counter) and Flareon (VirGen is a solid meta and I couldn't find a better way to stop it).

What you think? Should Leafeon really be there and Flareon should be dropped? Is jolteon that useless really? How can I easily stop Yveltal and VirGen without Jolteon and Flareon?
From my experience, I have just found Leafeon (PF) to be amazing - opponents must take under consideration how much energy he/she has in play since Leafeon is a constant threat. However, I believe the PhF cards can be played by mid-month; so, Flareon may very well be a "keeper" as a "hard" counter to the expected new Metal Poké deck threats, as well as VirGen decks (given your area's metagame). My main concern with Flareon is that I have to also "manage" my discard pile to ensure there is a sufficient number of Poké (btw, PhF Battle Compressor can be helpful to dump Poké into your discard pile for Flareon) there in order to 1HKO major threats.

I've found that Thundurus EX has several advantages over Jolteon:

• Can potentially inflicts more damage onto an Yveltal EX (depending upon presence of Deoxys EXs),
  • Is not 1HKOd by Yveltal EX,
  • Much easier and faster to get into play, and
  • Can accelerate energy onto another Team Plasma Poké.
For me, Thundurus EX's advantage greatly outweighs including Jolteon.

Needless to say, Kyurem (PF) is still often times the "MVP" of the deck since it can setup opponents' Poké for the KO.

Lastly, I believe this will be one of the strongest decks going into the next set of tournaments. I'm putting a lot of effort into revising my list now and look forward to the upcoming tournaments.

Thanks for your answer! I am looking forward to play around with an eevee list in this season, too bad I won't have it ready for my area's regionals.

Back