'Eevee Heroes' TCG Set to Feature All Eeveelutions as Pokemon V, Plus Gengar / Inteleon VMAX Decks!

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Can Azurril work as a control deck? Surge+ 2 Team grunt or Flannerys combination per turn and then you get them back for the exact same combo over and over and over, decks without any kind of acceleration could suffer a lot dealing with these

AliceVoltaire

Aspiring Trainer
Now that I thought about it, that item is OH SO MUCH GETTING BANNED in expanded. You have turn 1 Garbotoxin, turn 1 Power of Alchemy, turn 1 Forest's Curse, turn 1 Neutralizing Gas, turn 1 Intimidating Mane Pyroar... There's a ton of stuff that's balanced out by your opponent giving you at least ONE turn to play your items, your benchable draw, to try and at least get 1 gust card and enough energy attached to try to get over the lockdown. This is the exact reason that Wally was unbanned - by making you unable to play it turn 1, they argued that now it was balanced. Well, now we have Wally on item form and available for non-ascension mons.

That or they simply ban lockdown abilities like they should have done ages ago.
While I understand the idea of getting a T1 Trevenant/Garbodor/Dracovish is indeed kind of terrifying, I do not think it's going to be a problem on the scale you're suggesting it will be. Trevenant was a problem deck because Wally let you get it out T1 very consistently, which led it to be banned, and then later unbanned when the Supporter rule change happened. Vigor Shake can in theory bring this combo back, but it's important to note that this is an Item card, not a Supporter. There will be no way to effectively search this card out, there is no Tapu Lele-GX or Jirachi-EX equivalent for Item cards. The closest you have is Computer Search, a card you can only have one of in your deck. You could run 4 of them I suppose but you're cutting into consistency at that point. You only ever want to see this card on T1, after that it becomes effectively a dead draw. I suppose you could build your deck to just draw until you find this combo like how donk decks operate, but your deck isn't going to be able to do much to capitalize on the lock and win the game if you have that much space dedicated to pure draw. Basically this card has the exact same problem Rotom Bike has: very powerful effect, but there's no good way to consistently find this on the only turn you ever want to see it.

At best I see this card being a one-of in decks that could potentially establish a strong lock T1, on the off chance they draw into the perfect hand going first. You will not see a T1 Garbotoxin or Power of Alchemy very often, in fact it feels so unreliable I would not be surprised if players opt to not include this card at all in favor of something that just adds more consistency. I know Trevenant's going to try playing this, it desperately needs something to help make it relevant again. It's been an unplayable deck since Tag Teams pushed HP so high, it's pretty much impossible to win with it right now.

Personally I am very excited to see what kind of effect this will have in Expanded, I think it's great that evolution Pokemon are getting some powerful support finally.

Platinum Espresso

Falinks Fanatic
Getting the Milotic from this set out on turn 1 going first with Vigor Shake could give you an unshakable hand before your opponent even has the chance to Marnie/N/whatever, plus stamp's getting axed forever since it's exbanneded. Cards that allow you to search out anything, such as Togekiss VMax, would appreciate that severely.

Also unrelated but the Pancham line's art frickin slaps

Last edited:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Actually, Vigorous Drink was a messed up Wally. Imagine playing Wally and this Turn 1 going second, that would be a mess. And no, this won't make Evolution decks better because these decks bad in a long run and easily getting clapped by 2-prized Vs or 3-prized VMaxs. If a deck can managed a Turn 1 Evolution consistently, I would consider it as a Good deck. Gardevoir had a chance since it has a way to get a Turn 1 Stage 2, due to Kirlia. 3-4 Geodudes. It got way up

Platinum Espresso

Falinks Fanatic
Please can someone hurry up and figure out how Flareon VMAX can become a thing? I just really want to play it.
I'm no master deckbuilder, but something similar to Sandaconda (Battle Styles) could work. Excessive energy, energy recyclers and the like. Even with only 3 energy discarded, with a Single Strike Energy or 2 most VMaxes would fall. It'll probably shine best in the brief period Welder exists in standard, though the Elemental Badge could act as a roundabout energy acceleration. If Flareon's your favourite, where there's a will there's a way. I've cheesed wins with Falinks V, myself, some of which were turn 1 going second donks with a lucky Bea.

JaxuTCG

i love swinub
I predict sky field is coming to Roaring Skies. I can only hope because I want Sylveon VMAX to be good.

Why would'nt it? They literally made a Marill that works with it (as long as we get more mons like it of course!)

Also, THERE'S LITERALLY A RAYQUAZA FLYING IN THE SKY IN THE POSTER CARD OF THE SET!!!!

I guess it's time to find my 4 reverse holo Sky Fields just in case :)

Mick-773

Pizza Enthusiast
There's a small error in Pancham's attack translation, as "ワルそだち" is not "war (ウォー) Growth" but rather "bad (わるい) Education", which kind of makes sense considering lore-wise Pancham's evolution in a dark type is represented by it becoming a bancho :D

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
It's bad enough for the market that this is an Eevee-centric set. It's only gonna be worse when all of the Eeveelutions have Special Arts! But no mistaking here: the artwork for the cards themselves is phenomenal as always! I can tell from Sylveon alone that the card artists have a lot of fun with the Eeveelutions!

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
My god, that Sylveon artwork...even from the imcomplete card you can already tell it's going to be absolutely god-tier.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
PS: the concept of the alt arts having smaller pokémon in fun situations surrounding the big main one is absolutely amazing. The EX pokémon from the XY era, that had a somewhat similar concept of having random pokémon appear in the artwork besides the main one, was already cool. But this, this is on a whole other level, not only it stopped being gold (which always feels kinda tacky to me), it also has actual "hand drawn-like" artwork, infinitely cooler and more tasteful than CGI.

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
PS: the concept of the alt arts having smaller pokémon in fun situations surrounding the big main one is absolutely amazing. The EX pokémon from the XY era, that had a somewhat similar concept of having random pokémon appear in the artwork besides the main one, was already cool. But this, this is on a whole other level, not only it stopped being gold (which always feels kinda tacky to me), it also has actual "hand drawn-like" artwork, infinitely cooler and more tasteful than CGI.
Impressive critique there, dude! It's also clear how much fun the artists have been having lately, and I love seeing that sense of fun being bled into the art!

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
Real footage of me watching my debt go up from this set:

captain-ginyu.gif

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Nearly half the set is ultra rares... Almost all of which are of very popular Pokemon. Nah, no thanks.

On one hand, it's awesome to see the artwork on these cards. That's at least enjoyable.
On the other hand, I'm just relieved that I'm not interested in collecting new sets. This is a nightmare. (On top of everything being unavailable.)

Nos

Aspiring Trainer
Those EX cards weren't CGI, I would know since I just pulled the secret rare Volcanion EX two days ago (love love loooove that card, it's in my expanded Reshizard deck). But I really do enjoy the direction these alt arts are going in, especially, like you said, with the inclusion of multiple Pokémon, which always makes a card cooler, rare or not.

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
I did say the SR Inteleon would likely be the matchless fighters one and not SWSH base, I expect the SRs for Sky Stream and Towering Perfection will be the RS Rillaboom and SS Cinderace respectively