'Eevee Heroes' TCG Set to Feature All Eeveelutions as Pokemon V, Plus Gengar / Inteleon VMAX Decks!

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Espeon+Espeon VMAX: Espeon V evolves to Espeon VMAX that's all. Espeon VMAX however...pretty good for some support and that attack isn't as cool as it seems. Most VMAXs require 2-3 energy attacks. So the average damage you'll be doing is 120-180

I agree on Espeon VMAX but Espeon V with Mind Shot looks like a decent tech in Psychic decks since it can deal 60 damage to any one of your opponent's Pokémon V for [P]. This also allows you to snipe the bench to finish of one of the opponent's attackers hiding there. Dragapult VMAX and Shadow Rider VMAX may appreciate this card as a one-off tech considering that both decks may already tech in Galarian Rapidash V.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Well, the alt-art on Espeon VMAX is amazing, but as a card it's... not as good as I'd like, especially since it's likely releasing after rotation so the decks it counters most (Welder, Pikarom) will have rotated. :(

Espeon+Espeon VMAX: Espeon V evolves to Espeon VMAX that's all. Espeon VMAX however...pretty good for some support and that attack isn't as cool as it seems. Most VMAXs require 2-3 energy attacks. So the average damage you'll be doing is 120-180

The translation doesn't say "active" though, right? So it could actually be an issue for some decks, especially acceleration heavy ones like Shadow Rider, Frosmoth, and Turbo Zacian. Still not great though... RIP my dreams of an Espeon deck. :(

And knowing my luck the translation is innacurate anyway... Why couldn't it be 60+(60xE) instead?! I'm just gonna go cry in that corner...

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Here are my initial impressions of the cards revealed:

Leafeon V: Green Cell is a nice turn one acceleration when you cannot attack anyway. We will have to wait for Leafeon VMAX to see whether this card is viable.

Flareon V (Single Strike): On its own this card is not spectacular. we will have to wait for Flareon VMAX to see whether this is viable. Buring Breath at least is decent turn one acceleration.

Vaporeon V (Rapid Strike): Another card that depends on whether Vaporeon VMAX is decent. the issue I see here is that Vaporeon V and VMAX compete with Rapid Strike Inteleon VMAX for deck space which is a hard match given how good Rapid strike Inteleon VMAX turned out to be. Unless Vaporeon VMAX is spectacular I fear that Rapid Strike Inteleon VMAX outclasses this card.

Glaceon V: Ice Ascension is a great attack if Glaceon VMAX turns out to be good.

Jolteon V: Not a fan of this one at all.

Espeon V: Mind Shot does 60 damage to one of the opponent`s Pokémon V. Since this card can also snipe the bench I would see Espeon V as a viable tech in several psychic decks such as Shadow Rider VMAX and Dragapult VMAX. Both decks appreciate the sniping an may even already run a tech Galarian Rapidash V which has some synergy with this card.

Espeon VMAX: First of all, the art on this alternate art promo is amazing. Sun Notification is decent. Max Psychic does 60 damage for each energy attached to your opponent's Pokémon. If this translation is correct this is not limited to the number of energy attached to the defender but also includes attachments on the opponent's benched Pokémon. If this is indeed the case the card is decent but quite reliant on the opponent. The number of decks that burst out energies on the battlefield is limited. the most prominant examples that come to mind post-rotation are Shadow Rider VMAX and Frosmoth decks.

Sylveon V (Rapid Strike): Dream Gift is great turn one since you cannot attack anyways. We will have to wait for Sylveon VMAX to decide whether or not Sylveon V is worth some deck slots in specific decks.

Umbreon V (Single strike): Personally I like this card a lot as a one-off or even two-off in Single Strike Urshifu VMAX decks since it has a decent damage output and can utilize Houndoom to accelerate to it. If Umbreon VMAX is decent this card may become even better.

Eevee: Vee Search is intended to be a turn one attack to set up but at that point Marnie is an issue which nullifies Vee Search.

Electrode (Single Strike): there are much better options out there.

Grimmsnarl (Single Strike): Rearguard Tackle is a great attack but you have to limit your bench to Houndoom and another Grimmsnarl which can become an issue with Rosa rotating out soon.

Florges (Rapid Strike): Rapid connection is unlimited energy transfer for Rapid Strike decks. In general this attack is quite powerful but I cannot think of a Rapid Strike deck that was truely in need for this support. Maybe if Sylveon VMAX turns out to be a tank this could be decent combined with Cheryl but Bronzong is much easier to use.

Marshadow (Rapid Strike): The art on this card is amazing. unfortunately the attacks are a little lackluster. Rapid Hunt is restricted to rapid strike cards and we already have better Rapid Strike search with Octillery. Shadow Flicker has a great side effect but with the amount of switch and escape rope in current decks the effect is easy to shake off.

Gengar V (Single Strike): Both attacks are actually decent on a Pokémon ment to be evolved into a VMAX soon. the second attack can even be used to counter Zamazenta V.

Gengar VMAX (Single Strike): Panic Fear is great against Eternatus VMAX decks but Max Swallow is the main selling point of this card. Combined with Single Strike Energy and Houndoom to accelerate them this card hits numbers comparable to Single Strike Urshifu VMAX. Although it hits a little less hard than Urshifu VMAX it seems easier to use. This is actrually the first time a Pokémon V and Pokémon VMAX card for a preconstructed deck seems competitive viable.

Inteleon V (Rapid Strike): Again another competitive viable card mainly due to the VMAX. Aqua Bullet at least seems decent taking into account that you have access to Passimian.

Inteleon VMAX (Rapid Strike): Double Shooter is an excellent ability. You have acccess to all the Rapid Strike support and Water type support such as Full Bucket and Nessa. With four Inteleon VMAX out you can place 8 damage counters on two opposing Pokémon at the cost of having to discard four Basic [W] Energy. G-Max Whirlpool does a solid 140 for a single Rapid strike energy attachment and even returns the special energy card to your hand. I can see this card as a deck on its own with Octillery or even Rapid Strike Inteleon with Quick Shooter or combined with Rapid strike Urshifu VMAX. In the former case you can even tech one or two Falinks to cover the Lightning weakness.To be this card is the best one revealed thus far. Although you are vulnerable to Path to the Peek you can use Tower of water to provide free retreat and replace that stadium card. if you run Octillery you can even search for Tower of Water to replace Path to the Peek.

Adventurer’s Discovery: Could be a decent consistency supporter in decks that run two Pokémon VMAX lines such as Rapid Strike Urshifu VMAX combined with either Dragapult VMAX or Rapid strike Inteleon VMAX. However in the latter case Octillery and a decent number of Pokémon search items may be superior.

Last edited:

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I gotta say, this release is extremely smart. Any Eeveelution itself might not be the most popular Pokemon, but together they definitely make up a massive percentage of "Pokemon people care about", not to mention the whole "choice" element makes them that much more personalized.

Matthew the Fairy Lover

The Lover of everything Fairy
What!? Battle League Decks with not only good Pokemon leading the decks, but a free Crobat V!? Sign me up! I'll take 1 of each please, maybe 2 for playsets and I want Pokemon Company to know this is such a great move and should keep it up. Man, Pokemon is becoming so beginner and returning player friendly as of late. As a long time player, I am so happy for this. Always ecstatic to see new players coming into the game.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this, but please can we get these over here in the West. These would sell so well.

Last edited:

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Most of the Eevees are bad, both art-wise and playability-wise. Leafeon is ok as far as turn 1 turn-enders go, why exactly run Sylveon when Zacian is legal? Their V-Maxes will be the stuff that makes or breaks them. Espeon V-max looks really cool, but its effect isn't that helpful to warrant using the 2-2 line that's required.

The point of Electrode is to provide Single Strike Pokémon with a tool to OHKO Colorless and Water-type Pokemon that are not weak to Fighting, but instead to Lightning. It does so for [C], which is compatible with Single Strike Energy, and also adds 20 damage. 140x2 = 280 damage. If you can attach an extra Single Strike Energy with Houndoom it becomes 320 which is enough to OHKO most Colorless/Water V-maxes. I would certainly make a spot for it on a single strike deck already using Houndoom.

Grimmsnarl is bad. Decks nowadays live and die by the support Pokemon they can include, and it's also a stage 2 that requires 2 attachments to attack.

Florges in combination with Mustard enables Rapid Strike Cheryl Boxes, but most of the best rapid-strike pokemon either already discard their energies to attack, or return them to hand/deck.

Gengar is meh. Sure, it hits harder than Eternarus but requires more significant setup with Houndoom and its 3 energy cost is significant, particularly when you can already play Tyranitar which only hits -10 damage and is also only worth 2 prizes.

Inteleon seems like a cool deck, but I can't stop thinking how effects that were originally on single-prize pokemon now are deemed to be printable only on multiprize Pokemon. Inteleon V-Max is basically Water Shuriken Greninja but better ability-wise, while the SUMO Oranguru bench sitter was reprinted as Kricketune. I wouldn't be surprised if they reprint SWSH Oranguru as a 2-prizer that draws 2 and returns 1 to the top of the deck at this point. Just let single-prizers have something damnit.

Emerfirek

Aspiring Trainer
Oh wait, Pokérun Friend sounds like a legit way to recover mons from the Lost Zone, if that mechanic somehow remains in the format. Idk how relevant that really is, but it's interesting.

Edit: Oh, but it's a jumbo promo. So we don't have it in playable form. Maybe if we see this kind of attack in the future on a different, playable card?

Last edited:

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
I think Gengar would be played mostly for Panic Fear instead of Max Swallow. Assuming playing against a standard V/GX based decks, the opponent would have at least 3 of them in play, netting about 180 for 2D (not counting bonus damage from SSE, if you decide to run SS support). It will reliably two shot other VMaxes, possibly OHKOing support Vs/GXs only with its first attack. Max Swallow I feel is just a neat bonus.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
The artwork for the Eeveelution Vs is the most boring artwork I've ever seen. It just looks like they ripped the models from Gen 6, subdivided the polygons to make everything smooth, and posed them. The faces are flat and uninspired and Jolteon's head looks like a sock puppet like its model has looked like since 2013. What a joke.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Oh dang, I looked at Adventurer's Discovery and thought that it ends your turn after use. Apparently not! I assume 'Pokemon V' here includes VMax, and if so its great for consistency boosting. You can grab one or two V of your core deck, a VMax to evolve to, and a Crobat V. Very cool. Gorgeous art too, the full art will probably be a chase card for some.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Oh wait, Pokérun Friend sounds like a legit way to recover mons from the Lost Zone, if that mechanic somehow remains in the format. Idk how relevant that really is, but it's interesting.

Edit: Oh, but it's a jumbo promo. So we don't have it in playable form. Maybe if we see this kind of attack in the future on a different, playable card?
I doubt it. In other games where 'outside your deck' is an actual gameplay term (MTG), it usually refers to your sideboard/side deck, which Pokemon just doesn't have.

Little_Snorlax

Aspiring Trainer
Goliposod can hit up to 330 assuming your opponent have 6 Gxs/Vs Pokemons with double colorless and its a single prize and Gengar can hit 360, just 30 more for double dark energy, Im not sure how good could it be in comparison, Goliposod dont see too much play
First: Gengar Max need 4-3 if u want play it like a main attack, or 22 if u want play with eter max, while golisopod need 4-4, 2 rod, some stuff like aerodactyl. Goli deck is inconsistency, do its die.
Second: Gengar max is a single strike, u can do more 40dmg with 2 special energies, ez ko ADP with 4 V-GX, goli need 5.
Third: Gengar Max have another attack, can do max 310(330 if u attack 4 SSE) Its better than SST urshifu.Goli also have but only do 70, How u can win in 1 prize deck and Luczac Matchup?
Fourth: U can have more tech card with Gengar Max : Roll, Stadium, Supporter... and nothing for Goli
The only thing Golisopod is better than Gengar Max is 1 prize card. Single energy cost attack isnt advantage because Gengar have Houndoom.

Mistwalker

Master of Martial Arts
I'm personally excited for that RS Marshadow...but anyways. That Gengar is awesome, but it still doesn't hold a candle to Eternatus. Like why play any other dark type V/Vmax other than Eternatus?

SecretRareElitist

Aspiring Trainer
That Inteleon Vmax is going to be a top tier deck i'm calling it, with all the water support and rapid strike support, it's bound to happen. I may be overreacting but that card alone just looks to good compared to the other cards revelead just now and i mean too damn good, it's going to shake up the meta for sure.

LMFAO it does less damage than the one we already have. What meta are you playing?