Eevee and Friends on Pokemon TV through December 15th

Chariblaze

When you add it all up...
Not much time left, but yeah, it's there: http://www.pokemon.com/us/tv-episodes/pokemon-episodes/

Very much like Meloetta's special, with the focus on visuals and all. Definitely feels suited for a theater screen.

WARNING: there will be spoilers in this thread, so watch first! :)

These are really cute, and I loved seeing my majestic Sylveon in this one. The thing that degrades this, and other specials like Meloetta's, is the kiddie narration. I would enjoy it so much more if there was no narration and it was just showcasing the interaction between the Pokemon. I mean, you can easily tell what's happening without it.

Although I have to say, the narrator can actually make it kind of humorous sometimes. Like when Jolteon came up and shocked Oshawott, she said all happily, "Jolteon is sometimes SOOO affectionate, sometimes by giving its friends a playful little shock!" - as Oshawoot is clearly being electricuted to death and screaming in excruciating pain and agony. hahaha

As the special goes on you begin to realize how fake the narrator sounds and how Dora-Explorer esque it is which makes it even more humorous to me. Thank God for Meowth being in these and redeeming some of the problem.

That big log swing they were swinging on looked sooo fun, but extremely dangerous at the same time, I mean they are over a rather large canyon type area with no safety restraints, smh.... shame on these Eevee evos not taking proper care of their guests. OH and lets not forget that they ate dough that had previously been all over Meowth's body like seriously? What happened to proper sanitation? Get your party under control Sylveon....

I thought the ending was neat with the light show (Sylveon is sooo sexy!), but I feel like they could have at least had a rave or something with the disco ball type things Glaceon/Vaporeon made. Also, it would have been even better if there was a battle or something and Gothitelle and its gang were bad boys trying to destroy the Eevee home.

Overall pretty good, much better than Meloetta's at least.

I thought this special was cute. I should like it considering it featured my favorite group of Pokemon, the Eeveelutions! Although I agree that the narrator was not needed. She sounded like she was narrating an episode of Teletubbies or something. I honestly found the narration to be downright cringe-worthy at times, if not all the time.

However, everything else was pretty cute and enjoyable to see. Key word: see. I completely understand that these specials are supposed to be one thing and one thing only: Pure, unadulterated eye candy. And its obvious with the bright colors and backgrounds and the light show/hallucination/whatever-you-want-to-call-it at the end.

Sylveon was so adorable. And FABULOUS! I couldn't help but be amused by her ribbon feelers. Seriously, those things are so freakishly dexterous Sylveon's like the Pokemon equivalent of Doc Ock! XD

Overall, the special had its babyish flaws, but other than that, it was cute and charming. 3/5 stars.

SkyeVictini said:
I honestly found the narration to be downright cringe-worthy at times, if not all the time.

I think this describes my feelings exactly. Whenever we have a new special or anything really, whether it be movies or episodes, I'm always watching with the hopes that they won't do something stupid to turn more people off of the anime. It's like the feeling you get when a really bad singer goes up to do special music in church or at a funeral and you cringe and facepalm because you sympathize for them because their intentions were good but the performance was horrid, Lol!

The narration either needs to be beefened up or taken out. It does absolutely no justice for these specials. The narration made me feel slightly like I was watching Dora:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M9HS3yk0YM[/video]

Pikachu should of shocked Sylveon when it covered Pikachu's eyes with its creepy feelers.

Narrator: Jolteon is SO affectionate, sometimes by giving its friends a playful little shock.
*Oshawott smolders*

Was this originally in 3D? Some bits of it are a bits of the short make it seem like it was.

Can someone make a gif of Sylveon hi-fiveing Weavile?

Back