Which is better in ur opinion.

• MagneBoar

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • EelZone

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

Magnezone_Elf

Sexy as ever!!!
I don't get all the hysteria about EelZone. MagneBoar seems obviously better. Please post ur opinion and thoughts about this, tell me if I'm missing something really obvious.

Magneboar requires two Stage 2s to function. Eelzone requires one. Less burden on the setup. Can take more useful cards off the sages and not have to worry about losing energy.

Even with the ability to attach as many energy a turn(as in Magneboar's case), it's foolish to play down each and every single energy you have during a turn. Eelzone can pace with the energy much better, and hits about new energy on the board a turn, max.

Magneboar has a few more tools to abuse come ND but that doesn't help when the deck relies a lot on Twins to get consistently setup. MagEel on the other hand can set up in at least three turns. Faster setup wins games, that is a fact. (Unless you play Truth)

I don't really understand the appeal of eelzone either. I almost always beat it regardless of what I'm playing. It just doesn't seem that good. And with catcher your eels are like tasty little chocolates to your opponent. Or maybe sushi. Whatever.

I think the problem with magneboar is not its setup, but rather its lack of consistency. With that said, I think its the better option. But you need a lot of techs. Dont' count on actually getting a magnezone and an emboar out very often.

Truly, Magneboar is better, in my opinion. I can almost always get a turn 3 Magnezone and turn 4 Emboar, without Twins. I really don't get the freakout over catcher, either. Just play switch. Plus, only EX's can 1 hit ko Emboar, so it isn't that big a deal.

I've played both very recently and Magneels is just better. Sure, the final set up of Magneboar is better, but Magneels can set up much more consistently and can recover more easily.

They are pretty much the same deck. They have ways to play energy and alternate attackers. I just prefer Magneboar, but really they have a very similar strategy.

Back