EDITED: Friday, 9/27, Empoleon Strategist Card Review, Holo POP 5 Pikachu and Mew

Why does Mew have a fire background? Mew usually has a Psychic background on every Mew card that has been made. Is it resistant to fire types or is it an error or misprint? The reason for asking is because I have never seen that until now.:) EDIT I saw that his Extra draw attack is a fire move but I don't understand why it is fire instead of psychic.:)

Mew d, the only non-* card from POP5 missing from my accidental collection of the set. I may be foced to buy one of those if they come out over here. It looks really cool too, but why Pikachu? Why not Lugia, or Ho-Oh? Or even one (or both) of the Eeveelution *'s? Can't have it all I suppose.

I totally disagree with the Strategists' ratings, especially Dendrobatida who gave it a 10. They didn't even consider the weaknesses of Empoleon. Which are mainly Grass Pokemon and Meganium. It's not that good in the metagame especially against faster Decks.

kravenace said:
I totally disagree with the Strategists' ratings, especially Dendrobatida who gave it a 10. They didn't even consider the weaknesses of Empoleon. Which are mainly Grass Pokemon and Meganium. It's not that good in the metagame especially against faster Decks.
Empoleon's weak to Lightning...

banettewilldestroyallofyou said:
The answer to all those questions it's because it is a delta pokemon which means they change the type of the pokemon from it's original type.

O I see thanks. Anyway the Surfing Pikachu card looks like the surf technique in Emerald and that is a cool card.:)

Saw the cards on some other site; they look nice!:):)

dmaster out.

Water Pokémon Master said:
kravenace said:

Kravance could be on about Meganium's resistance to Water...

Hmm, after reading the Empoleon's Card Review, I find it quite interesting & now I have some idea on how to use my Empoleon. Apart from that, I agree with what Krucifier said, about Dendrobatida who gave Empoleon a rating of 10/10 when there are some cons about the card but overall, I still like the review, good job, Team Stunky... :D

Jigglypuff13 said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
kravenace said:

Kravance could be on about Meganium's resistance to Water...
Oh, I see. He didn't mean the literal weakness. My bad. :D

@Pokemonmasterpa, Kricketune. There's something else, much slower but it'll pack a punch.

@WPM, My bad also, I didn't clear what I said.

@Strategists, No offense, but I really contradict with your ratings. I'd like to explain but I'm in a rush, other times.

Empoleon does not deserve a 10/10, maybe a 7-8. The Meganium weakness really strangles it, but if you play smart and not the mono-water version, you could maybe work it out to be a 65-35 match in Meganium's favor.

But I enjoyed the article, good job new Strats ;]

Arcanine out.

I have to agree with the above. Empoleon deserves a 7, maybe an 8 at the most. But a 9.25/10 average rating for a card which isn't in the strong archetype list isn't worthy of a rating such as that. The review was alright but the rating wasn't.

I also have to disagree with the Kricketune rating too. A 6/10 for possibly one of the brokenest cards in the TCG history? Umm...

Back