EDITED: Friday, 9/27, Empoleon Strategist Card Review, Holo POP 5 Pikachu and Mew

RE: Friday, 9/27, Empoleon Strategist Card Review

Nice article. I am one of the Empoleon players that always wanted to use Mantyne. Great article, I hope that this will be the first one of many.

Very nice article, good to see the new strategists are doing a great job.
One of the first things I noticed is that the format seems to have changed alot. I don't know which format is better. Also good to see the members of each group all get their own ratings up.
All in all, great.

Thanks, Jigglypuff13 and Pokemonmasterpa! The acknowledgement is very encouraging!

Just a thing. I think that WPM used the "About Pokebeach and WPM" page to create the strategy page since you can still see it written on top of the browser. It looks a bit lame, could you please change that?

Thank you for the GREAT review! That deck list is awesome, and look forward to playing it at BR!! Thank you for the effort and hard work you contributed.

Wow, it was an awesome job. Though I think it'd be even cooler if some strategies as how to defeat the evil penguin were added. As well as for for future reviews. Although I suppose the deck match ups is good enough. xP

i hope they do the torterra, terra firma, or ramparados decks

Pokemonmasterpa said:
Just a thing. I think that WPM used the "About Pokebeach and WPM" page to create the strategy page since you can still see it written on top of the browser. It looks a bit lame, could you please change that?

Ooops. :p Thank you!

Th article was nice but I was expecting a little more from it. It is nice to see the individual ratings and love the new decklist added feature. All in all a pretty good article.

dmaster out.

RE: Friday, 9/27, Empoleon Strategist Card Review, Holo POP 5 Pikachu and Mew

Added holo POP 5 Mew and Pikachu to the update.

I like the new promo cards and they look pretty cool. I hope I can get some more cards soon.:)

Well, I have to say, I was both happy, and depressed at the new article.

I liked that the new stratagists could show their opinions about the cards, and they were really good opinions, don't get me wrong! However, some of the things they said were a little random about Empoleon. I mean, some of the combos, I should say.

They are VERY good, and will be greatly respected. But, I don't think anyone will replace good ol' AEX, Papi/Manny, RK9176, you know what I mean... anyway, congratulations on the first article, Team Stunky!

Awesome news for the POP5 promos, I was thinking about getting a Mew d for my deck and this will definatly make it a lot easier (and shinier).

I don't like how they made Surfing Pikachu a Holo card. It isn't very good, and in addition, Mew d is TOO good! They really messed it up here... :p

ash ketchup said:
Well, I have to say, I was both happy, and depressed at the new article.

I liked that the new stratagists could show their opinions about the cards, and they were really good opinions, don't get me wrong! However, some of the things they said were a little random about Empoleon. I mean, some of the combos, I should say.

They are VERY good, and will be greatly respected. But, I don't think anyone will replace good ol' AEX, Papi/Manny, RK9176, you know what I mean... anyway, congratulations on the first article, Team Stunky!

Thanks for all the input on the first article! Like any endeavor, we're still working out the kinks. Constructive criticism is especially appreciated; since we're working on each review in sections, commentary on any one section will benefit the person who has to do that section next. For example, on our Empoleon review, I wrote the overview, analysis, and sample deck portions. The "Combos" section was masterminded by Muffins, and I'm sure he can answer any further questions you might have - a PM to him about one of the combos will likely net you a helpful response and some further insight into the way the two cards pair, perhaps making it a little less random for you. That's my hope, at any rate. Teddiursa and Woody chimed in with their ratings, too, so I encourage all readers to take the worth of the card as an average of those opinions (and your own!). If you have any larger questions, issues, or advice regarding the article, you can shoot me a PM as well - I take full responsibility for all content in the overview, analysis, and sample deck sections, and as the proud leader of Team Stunky I can also forward your critiques along to the rest of the team if you don't want to voice them here.

Happy reading!

-Jake/Dendro

Well, I might just do that! Thanks a lot! I really did enjoy your article! I read it 2 times before posting, it endorsed me quite a bit!

Again, Empoleon is an over-hyped card, so its kind of hard to write a review on it, because EVERYONE has a different opinion! But, you guys did GREAT! I look forward to your next article!

ash ketchup said:
I don't like how they made Surfing Pikachu a Holo card. It isn't very good, and in addition, Mew d is TOO good! They really messed it up here... :p

It is about time they made Surfing Pikachu holographic because the first Surfing Pikachu cards that were made were never Holographic but it may have been before your time but they were awesome cards from what I saw but they would have looked cooler if they were holographic.:)

Back