EDIT: About the Craziness Lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
EDIT: For the real truth as to why the forums went down today, read post #10, written by myself.

As you have probably noticed if you are a frequent forum visitor, our forum has been going a little crazy these past few days.

A few days ago when I created the new gaming forums, we tried to mass-move posts from the old "DP Discussion" into the new one. Since we tried to move too many at once, it timed-out, and we lost most of the posts. Luckily, Tikitiki helped us restore MOSTS of the posts from a backup.

Today, I was trying to mass-delete posts in a hidden forum we have using a special code, and I accidentally did the same thing again (no, I did not make the same mistake twice, this was something completely different). THIS time, it somehow deleted posts for the whole forum, and many settings! Unfortunately, the last backup was 15 hours ago, so we had to restore from there.

Thus, any posts you made in the last 15 hours are gone. We are sorry for the inconvenience (or rather, I am). It won't happen again.

If you have caching enabled on your browser, you can "Work Offline," look for your posts in your history, and re-post them again if you want. If you try to load the posts that are gone while connected to the internet, your cached version will be overwritten, and you will not be able to recover it.

Again, sorry!

RE: About the Craziness Lately

Ouch,
That explains everything. Thanks for the heads up

;x

But the fact that the forums are back completely outweighs a mere loss of 15 hours of posts... I hope. Except, it now feels like we've 'gone back in time' if you know what I mean.

Awww... all the posts that I did... gone :(. I'm not going to re-write the entire article... but, there's NO way of recovering it?

Konoha's_Hero said:
Ouch,
That's exactly what we have done. We are in an alternate time line now.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Konoha's_Hero said:
Ouch,
That's exactly what we have done. We are in an alternate time line now.

Better set my clocks back 15 hours then.

For anyone making conspiracy threads: Please stop. :/ I hate it when people "speculate" and make up things, presenting them as fact, and people who impersonate others.

That can be a real pain. Computers are sort of like kids in a way because id you are not at the computer or looking at it for that matter it will mess up.:)

Since Holy Star decided that he has no shame...

Holy Star, one of our previous admins, decided to hack into the forums and delete everything. I did not delete anything like I said in the first post - I lied to save him from public humiliation, even though he was at fault. However, he decided he wanted to tell everyone on the 'Gym and humiliate himself, so I guess it's only right that everyone here knows.

Ever since H_S came back from his vacation, he had been acting odd. In our own chat, he even bashed our site, and I talked to him for about an hour and a half afterwards. He seemed to be sorry, but he never apologized to the other mods and member in the chat like I asked him to.

Anyways, fast forward to a few weeks later - he decided to delete our forums. Luckily, we had a recent backup, so we didn't lose too much. He then went on to the 'Gym and told everyone about it for whatever reason.

Personally, I don't think you ever should have covered it up. The man's guilty of treason; he doesn't really deserve to have people think he just left and he's a cool guy and bye HS we'll miss you.

Just my nickel.

He is one and the same.

Too bad it had to end this way. He ain't no super mod no mo.

Why did Hs do it? what has he got against us. I mean, he was A super mod. Someone who dedicated there life to fight n00bs and stuff. Not really, but Hs was a really good member, I'm not sure we're hearing the whole truth. There seems to be a problem with the whole thing...

If he could, HS would come here and tell you himself that this is what happened. There's a thread on the gym about it that you can read if you want to learn more.

So this explains why my deck in the Deck Garage is missing.....So long HS, you seemed to be very nice, maybe an evil clone took over your body and made you do that.....so is he IP banned ?

Oh, that craziness. I was wondering where my post of the new Battle Frontier Office went, my post on the loss of originality in pokemon and my comment on Shiny Marshtomp's Card fake. I thought that some mod had a grudge against me, or that my post was senseless so they deleted it, but it turns out to be this. How shocking. WPM, why has he been doing this? Is it personal? If it is, sorry for intruding.

Kudos to Battle Frontier!

This explains a lot. I had a conversation with KG in my clan, and it dissappeared shortly after it happened!

Well, i would like to know the reasons HS did this, but no matter what answer he has, there is no excuse. Personally, i always had a bad feeling about him.

Oh well, as long as WPM has things back up and running, I believe that should be enough for me.

Thanks for giving everyone the heads up on what happened WPM!

-Max Shade IV

Hmm, this seems very odd. I've known HolyStar ever since I've joined the forums, and he has never acted like this, or even close to this for that matter. Ever since I became a Pokebeach Strategist, and when HolyStar was in charge of the program, we got closer. I talked to him more than ever, and he didn't seem like the person that you described, WPM. But, I guess people can change. =/ Now that HolyStar is not considered as the Forum Team, we've lost a good member, moderator, and friend. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back