• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Dusknoir please?

Pankace04

All Hail Lord Goomy!
I need a decklist for Burning Shadows Dusknoir with rare candy and 1 lele max because I'm poor. Please don't tell me that Dusknoir sucks and I'll never win, like they did at reddit. Just post a decklist you think will be decent, and give me a quick overview. Thanks SO much in advance!

Pokemon - 17
4 - Duskull
2 - Dusclops
3 - Dusknoir
2 - Yungoos
2 - Gumshoos GX
2 - Latios/Tapu Koko promo
1 - Oranguru GRI
1 - Tapu Lele GX

Trainer - 33
4 - Cynthia
3 - N
3 - Guzma
2 - Brigette
2 - Lillie
2 - Team skull grunt
4 - Mysterious treasure
2 - Ultra ball
4 - Rare candy
3 - Choice band
2 - Float stone
2 - Field blower

Energy - 10
6 - Psychic
4 - DCE

I'll admit it is a card I haven't touched or messed around with since it came out. But the premise of this version (which is probably just as janky as I'm trying to build it from memory with newer cards) is to be able to check your opponent's hand with Gumshoos (also you can hit hard on a fully setup Pokemon with the GX) before you use Dusknoir as well as potentially using Team skull to remove valuable energy on a safe turn. You might not even need the Latios or Tapu Koko in the deck. But they allow spread damage to enable an easier knockout for your other Pokemon while you're still getting setup. You could very well just take one of them out and add another Oranguru to help secure some draw support.

When Dusknoir came out I was really hyped for him. But Zoroark became a big thing.

I strongly disagree.
Dusknoir reveals your opponent's hand anyway, why do you need Gumshoos GX?
-2 Yungoos
-2 Gumshoos
-2 Spread Damage Promos
-2 Lillie

+1 Dusknoir
+2 Drampa GX (backup Attacker/GX attack)
+4 Rainbow Energy
+1 Energy Loto

That's what I think. See ya!

Thanks so much, everyone who answered! Sorry for not replying, I was in the mountains without a signal for the past couple days.

I strongly disagree.
Dusknoir reveals your opponent's hand anyway, why do you need Gumshoos GX?
-2 Yungoos
-2 Gumshoos
-2 Spread Damage Promos
-2 Lillie

+1 Dusknoir
+2 Drampa GX (backup Attacker/GX attack)
+4 Rainbow Energy
+1 Energy Loto

That's what I think. See ya!

Thanks! I took these suggestions, and it helped a lot. Also, I opened up some GRI packs and chanted Goomy, and guess what I got? Tapu Lele GX and a full art Wishiwashi GX! The Wishiwashi isn't that good, but it's still a full art! A couple months ago I pulled a Golisopod GX doing the same thing. Must be something to it lol

I need a decklist for Burning Shadows Dusknoir with rare candy and 1 lele max because I'm poor. Please don't tell me that Dusknoir sucks and I'll never win, like they did at reddit. Just post a decklist you think will be decent, and give me a quick overview. Thanks SO much in advance!

Like the card a lot and by coincidence i was thinking about it last night while i was looking through the set trying to figure out how im going to make Muk-GX work post rotation.

To go along with the GX theme and hitting bench, i would likely try to fit in Silvally-GX or Necrozma-GX as mainliners. The former's GX attack hits the entire bench for 50 damage and the latter's GX attack hits each EX/GX for 100 damage. The issue with the latter is that those GXs would need to be basic to fit the general strat of the deck and the former is another evolutionary line to clunk the deck up. Overall though its worth considering since they're beefy mons with decent attacks.

Other considerations:

Tapu-lele (SM promo): Magical Swap move for 1P/1C which allows you to move all damage counters around to other mons however you like.
Banette-GX (CLS): ability allows you to move 1 damage counter wherever you want per turn. Could split the deck between dusky/banette

Like the card a lot and by coincidence i was thinking about it last night while i was looking through the set trying to figure out how im going to make Muk-GX work post rotation.

To go along with the GX theme and hitting bench, i would likely try to fit in Silvally-GX or Necrozma-GX as mainliners. The former's GX attack hits the entire bench for 50 damage and the latter's GX attack hits each EX/GX for 100 damage. The issue with the latter is that those GXs would need to be basic to fit the general strat of the deck and the former is another evolutionary line to clunk the deck up. Overall though its worth considering since they're beefy mons with decent attacks.

Other considerations:

Tapu-lele (SM promo): Magical Swap move for 1P/1C which allows you to move all damage counters around to other mons however you like.
Banette-GX (CLS): ability allows you to move 1 damage counter wherever you want per turn. Could split the deck between dusky/banette

Hey man, love the ideas! I hate to disappoint you, but Silvally GX's GX attack hits their active only. It multiplies 50 by the number of pokemon on their bench. If your opponent has 5 pokemon on the bench, the attack maxes out at 250 to the active. Necrozma/Ultra Necrozma are good ideas though! I have started playing Tapu Lele in my Malamar deck and I like it a lot. Banette GX is actually one of the pokemon that excites me most in the new set, I'd definitely try that one!

Ahhhhh right right! However, it pseudo fits! With dusky's bench loading, you wombo-combo beefy actives! haha. /sweat

Thanks! I took these suggestions, and it helped a lot. Also, I opened up some GRI packs and chanted Goomy, and guess what I got? Tapu Lele GX and a full art Wishiwashi GX! The Wishiwashi isn't that good, but it's still a full art! A couple months ago I pulled a Golisopod GX doing the same thing. Must be something to it lol
Congratulations, and you’re welcome!

Pokemon - 17
4 - Duskull
2 - Dusclops
3 - Dusknoir
2 - Yungoos
2 - Gumshoos GX
1 - Oranguru GRI
1 - Tapu Lele GX

Trainer - 33
4 - Cynthia
3 - N
3 - Guzma
2 - Brigette
2 - Lillie
2 - Team skull grunt
4 - Mysterious treasure
2 - Ultra ball
4 - Rare candy
3 - Choice band
2 - Float stone
2 - Field blower

Energy - 10
6 - Psychic
4 - DCE

I'll admit it is a card I haven't touched or messed around with since it came out. But the premise of this version (which is probably just as janky as I'm trying to build it from memory with newer cards) is to be able to check your opponent's hand with Gumshoos (also you can hit hard on a fully setup Pokemon with the GX) before you use Dusknoir as well as potentially using Team skull to remove valuable energy on a safe turn. You might not even need the Latios or Tapu Koko in the deck. But they allow spread damage to enable an easier knockout for your other Pokemon while you're still getting set up. You could very well just take one of them out and add another Oranguru to help secure some draw support.

When Dusknoir came out I was really hyped for him. But Zoroark became a big thing.

Which latios are you suggesting here?

Pokemon - 17
4 - Duskull
2 - Dusclops
3 - Dusknoir
2 - Yungoos
2 - Gumshoos GX
1 - Oranguru GRI
1 - Tapu Lele GX

Trainer - 33
4 - Cynthia
3 - N
3 - Guzma
2 - Brigette
2 - Lillie
2 - Team skull grunt
4 - Mysterious treasure
2 - Ultra ball
4 - Rare candy
3 - Choice band
2 - Float stone
2 - Field blower

Energy - 10
6 - Psychic
4 - DCE

I'll admit it is a card I haven't touched or messed around with since it came out. But the premise of this version (which is probably just as janky as I'm trying to build it from memory with newer cards) is to be able to check your opponent's hand with Gumshoos (also you can hit hard on a fully setup Pokemon with the GX) before you use Dusknoir as well as potentially using Team skull to remove valuable energy on a safe turn. You might not even need the Latios or Tapu Koko in the deck. But they allow spread damage to enable an easier knockout for your other Pokemon while you're still getting setup. You could very well just take one of them out and add another Oranguru to help secure some draw support.

Which Latios & Tapu Koko are in this deck? What set r they from?

Pokemon - 17
4 - Duskull
2 - Dusclops
3 - Dusknoir
2 - Yungoos
2 - Gumshoos GX
1 - Oranguru GRI
1 - Tapu Lele GX
Onlinesbi TutuApp aadhar card
Trainer - 33
4 - Cynthia
3 - N
3 - Guzma
2 - Brigette
2 - Lillie
2 - Team skull grunt
4 - Mysterious treasure
2 - Ultra ball
4 - Rare candy
3 - Choice band
2 - Float stone
2 - Field blower

Energy - 10
6 - Psychic
4 - DCE
which one do you suggest ?

Let's kill him!

Last edited:
Back