Durant for Expanded Fun

pokemonkosh

A Freakin' Monkey
The other day I was going around the TCG Online, and playing at leagues, trying to figure out what decks to run for Regionals.
The most successful deck that I've played in Expanded is none other than Durant!
I'm not even kidding.

The decks I've beaten are as follows:
Yveltal (Just couldn't get set up from the multiple Devours.)
Seismitoad/Slurpuff (Got rid of his VS Seekers and Trump)
VirGen (Same as Yveltal. Discarded two of his Genesects, and Trump.)
Medicham (Dunno why Medicham is popular. I h8 it so much. Was really happy to win this one. :p )

The decks I have not beaten yet:
Lando/Bats (My favorite deck beat me. Can't wait to use this at Regionals. ;) )
Pyroar (Of Course. Fire...)
Seismitoad/Crawdaunt (I was so insanely surprised to see this deck. It's a great idea, and kudos to the person who built it. Ima gonna built it soon.)

And that's it.
I only run 6 Pokemon. 2 Emolga w/CFF, and Durant. (Of course.)

I was just wondering about the community's input on how Durant could be able to be played in today's Expanded Format.

RE: Durant for Expanded Fun? [BW-On]

I think you have really bad match ups against anything playing Trump Card, which is just about everything. You have to get pretty lucky to hit all of their VS Seekers and Trump Card, a particular four to five cards out of their deck. I don't think any mill deck can be successful as long as Trump Card is in format, unless you can prevent them from playing Trump Card. Lol Stoutland / Aggron anyone?

Mora said:
I think you have really bad match ups against anything playing Trump Card, which is just about everything. You have to get pretty lucky to hit all of their VS Seekers and Trump Card, a particular four to five cards out of their deck. I don't think any mill deck can be successful as long as Trump Card is in format, unless you can prevent them from playing Trump Card. Lol Stoutland / Aggron anyone?

Nice deck idea. :D
Anyways, I'm still debating whether to actually use it competitively. Trump Card kills it, but it's still fun to see your opponent go crazy over the discards.

Red Card and Hand Scope could help so you know when they have access to get their Trump Card. When they do, Red Card it away.

Back