• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Durant Deck Out

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer
in other decks, pont may be better, but in this, you have so many trainers that you can use, juniper is light years better than pont. You don't really need 4 of each to be unbeliavably consistent because as soon as you set up 4 basics, you are completely set up. If you're going to use PONT, at least use N instead.

creachiman12

Elite Four
But juniper could mean discarding a revive or something to bring ants back. when you use pont it just puts it back in your deck. so what do you think?

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer
I think Junk arm. The reason people choose pont over juniper is if they are afraid of discarding their attacker or a piece of their evolution or something like that. Tell me, what evolutions are in durant?

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
creachiman12 said:
it can be really helpful if you are unable to revive ants

Unless you are left with 0 ants Mime Jr. isn't doing anything. And even if you have no Durants you are gone anyway

tc19930815

Aspiring Member
mime jr. is useful when you miss an energy drop and you still want to discard (lost zone) your opponent's deck + having a chance to stall a turn if your opponent doesn't get a catcher

Argentine

WTF= Welcome To Finland... Yes I am Argentine.
Mime Jr. is a tech and yes it is not used commonly, but I don't think that Esa tried it in the deck... Myself I played the deck, which was teched with Weavile UD (because Alph Litpgraph is not common). That deck has also 4 Judges and 4 Ns.

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
Lil Wayne said:
I would like to play Ants, but why Cobalion?

The idea behind cobalion is to take out the single attackers (Donphan, Typlosion, Kyurem) your opponent set up that is supposed to carry them through the game. Making them waste a few cards setting up another attacker can hurt them dramatically

Izergis

Aspiring Trainer
What if you are against a trainerlock :( .
Then winning is almost impossible.
You really should use 1 belsprout In your deck:p.

Lil Wayne

.=I Hate to see her go.. love to watch her leave=.
Well, with Durant you are supposed to discard cards that they need to set up before they can get the Plume/Goth out. To more so limit there resources of which to get them up.

Izergis

Aspiring Trainer
Its just a suggestion
But what if you don't have a good start
Then you are never going to win

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
Izergis said:
Its just a suggestion

But, you never have a bad start and if you somehow do, you can lose that one game

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer
Izergis said:
Its just a suggestion

This deck very rarely has bad starts. What if any deck has a bad start? Of course it's not good. But, any deck has bad starts ad can pull through it. It's not really a valid arguement to say this deck has bad starts.

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS
I'd also like to point out that Bellsprout doesn't actually help trainer lock matchups. Durant's damage output is pathetic. After using Bellsprout, you're going to retreat to Durant and hit them for 30 4 times? That's 5 turns the opponent has to get {C}{C} on Vileplume and retreat. Bellsprout is never going to pay off.