TCG Fakes Dumb Criminal's Text-Based Fakes (Requests: Open)

matthewbny

no
I do text-based fakes, I love the old-school cards from Base to Neo (Ecard is forgettable imo, and the cards look really tacky to me with the barcode). I want to bring back the vibe from those eras while using cards from this current era. Once I get motivated, I might decide to make cards out of some of these fakes, but that's for another day (thread?).

Smoochum:
Smoochum / 30 / Basic /[P]

Ancient Trait: Sigma Baby Power: If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon and is attacked by your opponent's Pokemon, flip a coin. If tails, prevent all effects of that attack, including damage, done to this Pokemon.

Ability: Temper Tantrum: Flip a coin. If heads, choose a Special Energy card attached to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. Your opponent shuffles that card into their deck. Either way, your turn ends.

Weakness: / Resistance: / Retreat: / Future Set 01
Jynx:
Jynx / 100 / Basic /[P]

Ability: Long Distance Hypnosis: Once per turn, you may flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is Asleep. If tails, your Active Pokemon is now Asleep.

[C] Wake-Up Slap 30+
If the Defending Pokemon is Asleep, this attack does 30 more damage. The Defending Pokemon is no longer Asleep.

Weakness: [P] / Resistance: / Retreat: [C] / Future Set 02
Bonsly:
Bonsly / 30 / Basic /[F]

Ancient Trait: Sigma Baby Power: If this Active Pokemon is attacked by your opponent's Pokemon, flip a coin. If tails, prevent all effects of that attack, including damage, done to this Pokemon.

Ability: Fake Tears: Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent can't play any Item cards from their hand during their next turn. Either way, your turn ends.

Weakness: / Resistance: / Retreat: / Future Set 03
Staravia
Staravia / 80 / Stage 1 (evolves from Starly) /[C]

[C] Peck 20

[C][C] Predator Strike 30
Choose one of your opponent's Pokemon that has [G] Energy attached to it and discard it. If you do, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon during your opponent's next turn.

Weakness: [L] x2 / Resistance: [F] -20 / Retreat: / bbninja's Requests 01
Will update later. Feel free to request.

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to your cards, Matthew (Criminal?)! You've got a great eye for wording, which is always refreshing. If I got it right, you're trying to bring back Classic - Neo style attacks as XY cards? Sounds pretty neat!

Anyways, there is one particular thing I noticed for wording. Instead of "Either way, this ends your turn." you should use "Either way, your turn ends." [Reference: Tropical Beach]. The other thing would be is that if you're referring to "If this Active Pokemon", the correct wording is "If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon and". A bit longer, but that's how TCPi rolls. =P

As for a request, I'd like to see you make a text-based fake for one of my most nostalgic Pokemon, Staravia! The challenge here is to make it interesting but not OP. ;P

I'm really looking forward to your cards, Matthew (Criminal?)! You've got a great eye for wording, which is always refreshing. If I got it right, you're trying to bring back Classic - Neo style attacks as XY cards? Sounds pretty neat!

Anyways, there is one particular thing I noticed for wording. Instead of "Either way, this ends your turn." you should use "Either way, your turn ends." [Reference: Tropical Beach]. The other thing would be is that if you're referring to "If this Active Pokemon", the correct wording is "If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon and". A bit longer, but that's how TCPi rolls. =P

As for a request, I'd like to see you make a text-based fake for one of my most nostalgic Pokemon, Staravia! The challenge here is to make it interesting but not OP. ;P

Ah, wording is always hard to figure out. I used the Baby cards from Neo as the basis for the wording, and I'll fix it up, but as per your request:

[C] Peck 20

Choose one of your opponent's Pokemon that has [G] Energy attached to it and discard it. If you do, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon during your opponent's next turn.

Sort of resembles promo Jirachi, but I feel it's a good attack because Starly are known to eat Cherubi, so I figured why not Staravia? Plus, bird Pokemon always have free Retreat. HP is pretty standard for a Stage 1, and pretty much everything else about the card is self-explanatory.

Ah, wording is always hard to figure out. I used the Baby cards from Neo as the basis for the wording, and I'll fix it up
I was unsure what era wording your were using, but I assumed XY. The wording I suggest is correct for BW/XY. =P

I like the thought process for Predator Strike, especially how you payed attention to flavour. However... Peck is a bit bland. I'd love to see a more creative attack in the place of it, perhaps even one that is synergetic with Predator Strike! Also, bird Pokemon totally don't always have free retreat. :x

I was unsure what era wording your were using, but I assumed XY. The wording I suggest is correct for BW/XY. =P

I like the thought process for Predator Strike, especially how you payed attention to flavour. However... Peck is a bit bland. I'd love to see a more creative attack in the place of it, perhaps even one that is synergetic with Predator Strike! Also, bird Pokemon totally don't always have free retreat. :x

[C] Peck Off 20
Look at your opponent's hand. If you have any Item cards in your hand, and your opponent has the same Item card in their hand, choose 1 of them and shuffle it into their deck.

Peck Off was a very unique card to word. If you have any suggestion to improve it, I'm all ears. :)

Neat! While Peck Off doesn't really have synergy with the second attack, it looks fun and is definitely interesting! As for wording, I reckon this is how Peck Off should be worded [References: Repeat Ball, Bronzong BREAK, Lampent STS]:

Each player reveals his or her hand. Choose 1 Item card in your opponent's hand with the same name as an Item card in your hand and shuffle it into his or her deck.​

You may also like to consider not using "Peck Off" as the attack name, as the attack name is established as the following effect in the TCG [i.e. Fletchinder ROS]:

Before doing damage, discard all Pokémon Tool cards attached to your opponent’s Active Pokémon.​

Neat! While Peck Off doesn't really have synergy with the second attack, it looks fun and is definitely interesting! As for wording, I reckon this is how Peck Off should be worded [References: Repeat Ball, Bronzong BREAK, Lampent STS]:

Each player reveals his or her hand. Choose 1 Item card in your opponent's hand with the same name as an Item card in your hand and shuffle it into his or her deck.​

You may also like to consider not using "Peck Off" as the attack name, as the attack name is established as the following effect in the TCG [i.e. Fletchinder ROS]:

Before doing damage, discard all Pokémon Tool cards attached to your opponent’s Active Pokémon.​

Ah, while I was aware of moves having the same effects across the newer expansions, I didn't know Peck Off was taken :x I'll use the TCG Database from now on for that.

[C] Cherry Picking 20
You may discard an Energy attached to this Pokemon. If you do, choose an Energy card attached to the Defending Pokemon. As long as that Energy is still attached to the Defending Pokemon, it provides [G] Energy instead of its original type.

Cherry Picking was hard to word, and I had to consult the FA Arceus promo for help on this one. If you have any further suggestions, I am more than welcome to hear them :)

Cherry Picking might have some interesting applications. How would it work with DCE or DDE I wonder? I also really like Predator Strike, and I might have swipe that because the Torterra in my set might be too strong.

Ooh, a new text faker! Looking at your cards, your wording (especially in your most recent Staravia) is really good! I also love the effects you're doing - very fitting, flavourful, and creative!

And as for requests, I'll request my customary Pichu card. Look forward to seeing what you do with it!

Cherry Picking might have some interesting applications. How would it work with DCE or DDE I wonder? I also really like Predator Strike, and I might have swipe that because the Torterra in my set might be too strong.

If you go by official card rulings, the card at its present wording would mean that the DCE or DDE will become a singe Energy worth [G].

If you go by official card rulings, the card at its present wording would mean that the DCE or DDE will become a singe Energy worth [G].

Imagine using Staravia on something like Giratina. Sure, it wouldn't do much, but the thought process behind it is that Staravia can strike things that are benched. If anything like DCE or DDE is on the field, Staravia can render it useless and force them to burn more resources.

Ooh, a new text faker! Looking at your cards, your wording (especially in your most recent Staravia) is really good! I also love the effects you're doing - very fitting, flavourful, and creative!

And as for requests, I'll request my customary Pichu card. Look forward to seeing what you do with it!

Pichu
Pichu / 30 / Basic /[L]

Ancient Trait: Sigma Baby Power: If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon and is attacked by your opponent's Pokemon, flip a coin. If tails, prevent all effects of that attack, including damage, done to this Pokemon.

[L] Premature Spark
Flip a coin. If heads, attach a basic [L] Energy card from your discard pile to this Pokemon.

Weakness: / Resistance: / Retreat: / thegrovylekid's Requests 01

Pichu Power Bond
Pichu Power Bond [Pokemon Tool]

Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn't already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

If the Pokemon this card is attached to is Pichu, you may place Pikachu from your hand on top of Pichu (this counts as evolving Pikachu). If you do, the Pokemon this card is attached to can also use the attack on this card. (You still need the necessary Energy to use this attack.)

[L] Discharge
Discard all [L] Energy attached to this Pokemon. This attack does 30 damage times the number of Energy cards you discarded.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Pikachu
Pikachu / 60 / Basic /[L]

[L] Static Shock 10

[L][C] Nuzzle 20
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness: [F] x2 / Resistance: [M] -20 / Retreat: [C] / thegrovylekid's Requests 01

Will make a Raichu later. The whole thought process behind the Power Bond Pokemon Tool was to give the evolving Pokemon good attacks (and later, effects, like immunity to certain things) without being too OP, and without giving my cards erratas. Finding a way to incorporate evolving Pichu into an Ability would be problematic because of the things that can disable them (Wobb, Garbo), since Neo cards effectively had two rules (the Baby Power and the "Evolves into X" rule). It would clutter the Ancient Trait, and what if people want to play a Pikachu or a Marill as a Basic?

Last edited:
I really like the Power Bond tool! It's a fresh way to get around the stereotypical Abilities, and I like your design process. I would say that Discharge is perhaps a *bit* too powerful for a Pikachu (or even a Raichu) - I'd drop it to 30 damage if I was you. A likely 2-hit KO or greater is insane on a simple unevolved basic. :p

I really like the Power Bond tool! It's a fresh way to get around the stereotypical Abilities, and I like your design process. I would say that Discharge is perhaps a *bit* too powerful for a Pikachu (or even a Raichu) - I'd drop it to 30 damage if I was you. A likely 2-hit KO or greater is insane on a simple unevolved basic. :p

I can probably argue now that the damage is pretty obscene, but my thought process revolved around it being used by Raichu more than Pikachu.

Pichu Power Bond
Pichu Power Bond [Pokemon Tool]

Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn't already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

If the Pokemon this card is attached to is Pichu, you may place Pikachu from your hand on top of Pichu (this counts as evolving Pikachu). If you do, the Pokemon this card is attached to can also use the attack on this card. (You still need the necessary Energy to use this attack.)

[L] Discharge
Discard all [L] Energy attached to this Pokemon. This attack does 30 damage times the number of Energy cards you discarded.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Smoochum Power Bond
Smoochum Power Bond [Pokemon Tool]

If the Pokemon this card is attached to is Smoochum, you may place Jynx from your hand on top of Smoochum (this counts as evolving Smoochum). If you do, ignore all Energy in the attack cost of each of this Pokemon's attacks.

In the spirit of XY: Evolutions, I've decided to up this a little bit with some Owner's Pokemon and some throwbacks to the Gen 1 era of the TCG.

Secret Mission Plans [Supporter]

Your opponent reveals his or her hand.

Discard as many cards as you like from your hand. Then, draw that many cards.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack). / Gym Training Unnumbered

Secret Mission Plans is exactly like Psychic's Third Eye, because it has the same effect as the original Secret Mission. The reason I named it Secret Mission Plans was to not interfere with Secret Mission in Unlimited play.

Pewter City Gym [Stadium]

Each of your Pokemon with Brock in its name does 20 more damage to the Defending Pokemon (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

As long as you have a Pokemon with Brock in its name in play, each of your opponent's Pokemon has no Resistance.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can't play this card. / Gym Training Unnumbered

Pewter City Gym, but pretty much better than the original.

Brock's Guidance [Supporter]
Heal 40 damage from each of your Pokemon with Brock in its name. Then, attach a [F] Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Pokemon with Brock in its name.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack). / Gym Training Unnumbered

Combines the original Brock Trainer card with energy acceleration. Brock's Pokemon are themed around being tough and bulky, with hefty Retreat Costs and heavy attack costs as well.

Brock's Onix / 100HP / Basic /[F]

[C][C] Bind 30
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

[F][C][C] Rock Tomb 50

Weakness: [G] x2 / Resistance: [L] -20 / Retreat: 3 / Gym Training Unnumbered

Mediocre basic.

Brock's Steelix / 160HP / Stage 1 / Evolves from Brock's Onix /[F][M]

[F][C] Crunch 50

[M][C[C][C] Derail 100
Flip a coin. If heads, discard an Energy card attached to the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: [R] x2 / Resistance: [P][L] -20 / Retreat: 4 / Gym Training Unnumbered
I thought it would be cool to bring dual-typing to the Gym Training series, and dual resistances is something that hasn't been done in a while.

Last edited:
Erika's Dratini / 50HP / Basic /[N]

[C] Pound 10

[G][L] Wrap 20

Weakness: None / Resistance: None / Retreat: 1 / Gym Training Unnumbered
Remember Erika's Dratini? So do I ;)
Erika's Dragonair / 80HP / Stage 1 / Evolves from Erika's Dratini / [N]

[C] Ascension
Search your deck for a card that evolves from this Pokemon and put it onto this Pokemon. (This counts as evolving this Pokemon.) Shuffle your deck afterward.

[L][C] Slam 40x
Flip 2 coins. This attack does 40 damage times the number of heads.

Weakness: None / Resistance: None / Retreat: 2 / Gym Training Unnumbered

You could potentially bring this out on the end of turn 2 by playing Wally and using Ascension.

Erika's Dragonite / 150HP / Stage 2 / Evolves from Erika's Dragonair / [N]

Ability: Strange Barrier
Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon by your opponent's Basic Pokemon.

[L][L][G] Giant Tail 120
Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does nothing.

Weakness: None / Resistance: None / Retreat: None / Gym Training Unnumbered
If I had given Erika's Dratini Strange Barrier as he had in Gym Heroes, I figured it wouldn't be really good because I felt like Dragonite is a very feasible Pokemon and could be viable this way!

Back