Finished Duck Hunt - Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
##Quack: Mora
reaffirming a previous vote. Despite what bbninjas has said about Moras speculation which I don't fully understand why that is worth town points (feel free to elaborate), mostly because I just don't know what to think about things involving rainyman123 and it seemed like a leap of logic to me to make that assumption on Mora's part. Also Mora makes votes on what I consider to be the start of bandwagons consistently (all three of their votes), even if one didn't go anywhere. I will admit this is a small sample size.

"If rainyman123 was a dog and telling the truth, then bbninjas is a duck." I don't see the leap there. It seemed like a reasonable speculation.

I don't mean to bandwagon, but I am in fact bothered by NinjaPenguin, and was going to say something about it before lord o da rings, but I've been busy over the holidays, and he beat me to the punch. I don't want to read too much into the votes yet seeing as the votes made a ton of sense. rainyman123 wasn't so much a bandwagon as it was a unanimous decision. He said some pretty wild things; I think even had we not been able to discuss votes after that, he would have been lynched anyway. And then MLK wasn't very active and voted for veteran players, and he wasn't even around to defend himself. There were a lot of players who voted for both rainyman123 and MLK, so as of right now that doesn't mean anything in and of itself. But that in conjunction with how NinjaPengiun has been spearheading some of the lynches I think is worth discussion.

The point of mafia is to look at people and decide who should be lynched. If I focus on one candidate, I am just tunneling. You need to examine people's posts (and be suspicious of them) to win this game. Also, to Mora's other point, Jesi, bb, you, and Blakers (in name) all voted that way.

If you feel like that lynch was scummy, vote for the mindless bandwagoners. They're just skating by and letting me get the heat.

As I said in my previous post, the vote by itself doesn't say much. It's that and that I feel like you've been prioritizing lynching players over figuring out if they're town or not. And that could just be me; I'm still trying to learn my way around this game. If we were to lynch you and you were to flip town, obviously that would be bad because you would have really been an asset for the town. So try to convince me otherwise. My vote for you isn't set in stone.

double o squirtle I don't think there's much time left to ask questions, you need to get around to voting. Same with everyone else who hasn't voted.

But I don't know where to put my second vote D:

##QUACK: TheFlyingPidove

Just because I feel like TFP hasn't contributed at all to discussion. It's just posts acknowledging that they've been inactive.

I have a pretty good guess as to why Tempest voted me and Jesi. If it is what I think it is, then I can see why he doesn't want to say it, though it's really not that complicated so I don't get why he hasn't said anything yet.

What is it?

I'll place my votes on early voters of Rainy for now, as I feel scum was likely among there.

##QUACK: NinjaPenguin
##QUACK: PikaMasterJesi

Point of clarification: why would scum be among the early voters? Aren't the early votes more likely to be random. NinjaPenguin's vote was the first one after rainyman123 posted how much he wanted dogs to win.

@double o squirtle I don't think there's much time left to ask questions, you need to get around to voting. Same with everyone else who hasn't voted.
True, but that doesn't mean I can't ask them to help with my understanding of who I should vote for, especially since I missed out on quite a bit of today. I'm going to ##QUACK: NinjaPenguin, as well as ##QUACK: TheFlyingPidove. I feel NP was too aggressive when it came to Rainy and, I know this is echoing, but I also think that TFP hasn't contributed that much aside from a bit of RVS.

However, while I am voting TFP for being inactive, FOS on KX, simsands and Quaking for that same reason. Even though they've contributed a little bit, imo, they're usually more active than this.
What is it?
If I said what it was, then that would give him an easy way out of this situation now wouldn't it?

The bandwagon jumping I was actually thinking were double o squirtle and Night0fYuyuko, your first two votes, before anything had really happened. Both were RVS votes yet both already had a decent number of votes on them for such an early stage of the game. I don't know how much stock to put in that since it was so early and hard to tell how meaningful they could be, but I noticed that onto a switch to two other bandwagons. That raised flags for me.
The rainyman123 votes I understand. That being said, even as a unanimous decision, it was still a bandwagon.
Fully agree with My Little Keldeo, which is why I voted for them.

The NinjaPenguin votes I am highly unsure about, on the one hand they seem quite zealous in their scum hunt which I view as good partially because no one else has been quite as active on that front. However, I don't think they have really led anywhere with them just yet. I don't think that is worthy of a bandwagon, though I could be wrong.

@Mora Could you elaborate more on what you were going to say prior to what Lord o da rings said? I am not sure which post you are referring to.

Point of clarification: why would scum be among the early voters? Aren't the early votes more likely to be random. NinjaPenguin's vote was the first one after rainyman123 posted how much he wanted dogs to win.

From my experience, scum tend to jump on wagons shortly after they start picking up steam, since late votes often lead to them being called out for bandwagoning. NinjaPenguin was going for him prior to that, but I feel like he was trying to push an easy lynch.

It looks like I am going to die no matter what, so here are some last thoughts:
Reads:
  1. quakingpunch73- Much less active than normal. I'm not sure how to treat it. Neutral.
  2. TheSceptileMaster- Improving majorly from his first game. Town
  3. Blakers- Playing both sides is pretty scummy, but I'll attribute it to newness for now. Neutral
  4. simsands- I can never read simsands. Neutral.
  5. double o squirtle- Hard to say. DoS is not playing to her usual meta, but I still feel like she's town. Neutral.
  6. PikaMasterJesi- Jesi has been stepping up her play recently. I don't know if it is like me in XXXVII, or just natural. Neutral.
  7. Vracken- Doing really well, active contributor. Town.
  8. Lord o da Rings- She has been checking all the newbie boxes. Town.
  9. Tempest- Unmemorable, which screams fluffy, but they are new. Neutral.
  10. bbninjas- I almost always give bb a town read, and this game is no different. Be sure to watch out for some of his common scumtells, which Camo talks about in XXXVI deadchat. Town.
  11. NightOfYuyoko- Needs to be more active. After TFP/TDS, NoY is the best candidate for an inactive lynch. Neutral.
  12. TheFlyingPidove- Not enough posts to judge. Neutral.
  13. TheDivingSeel- TDS has bandwagoned the most popular lynch and not done much otherwise. The fixation on TFP seems a bit extreme. Slight Scum.
  14. Mora- Mora seems to be using newness to a surprisingly large degree, which makes me suspicious. Also a hypocrite. Slight Scum.
  15. King Xerneas- Will be modkilled. Null.
Some general notes:
  • Don't lynch a player for leading an unsuccessful lynch. When there are only 2 scum out of 20 people, there's a good chance a lynch goes wrong. I'm still glad we lynched Rainy and MLK, since they would not have helped at all. It prevented a bb lynch, which is good IMO. Just for the record, I insisted it was a Policy Lynch to a large degree, but some people (who I presume are mostly scum) are twisting my words. Remember, many scum tend to be the bandwagons or those who won't tie themselves to a town lynch. These are the people to look out for.
  • With that being said, I think at least one scum is on my wagon, or even worse, contributing to my demise but not casting a vote to remove themself from suspicion. Eliminating one of the most active players remaining (and a veteran) is incredibly suspicious, especially when many admit they don't even have good reasoning (OMGUS, analyzing posts, scumhunting.)
  • New townies, learn to think independently. Don't mindlessly sheep behind wagons you think are doomed to fail and provide terrible reasoning. Make a case on someone that everyone else was reading as town, because it doesn't hurt to disagree with other players. Instead, it helps the town consider many valid options and weigh them. And please, don't lynch someone for contributing to the discussion.
  • Along with that, try to stay active. We only have ~24 hours per day, so we need to make use of this time most effectively and pursue every lead we can get. Don't lynch someone for contributing or leading an incorrect lynch. Lynch them for doing things that are genuinely scummy.
  • New players, please read some past games (I recommend XXXV, XXXVI, and XXXVIII) to familiarize yourself with how this works. Without this, you can end up fairly clueless (like my terrible case on Camo when I joined XXXV in the middle of Day 3 :p) to scumtells and players' metas.
Good luck to town!

@NinjaPenguin

I agree with your reads NP, so good on you for stating your feelings. I belive we all lynched rainyman for the policy Lynch, not because you brought up a point, so we weren't really supporting you, but rather just doing the usual thing. Goodbye, and hopefully you are scum

@NinjaPenguin

I have the same problem with bbninjas. I am not sure how to read the dead chats, they might be useful so if you can tell me where one can read it that would be greatly appreciated.
However you also have theflyingpidove as neutral despite having a vote on them and not Mora despite having a a scum read on them

I would like some explanation on that front

I'm reading NP as town despite the aggression. I'm just seeing him as an enthusiastic townie who wants to contribute heavily to discussion. I also think that Seel's posts only revolving around TFP, and TFP's posts revolving around her being inactive are unhelpful, and coupled along with inactivity, they're the safest lynches for today, since we don't lose anything depending on if they're town or not.

##QUACK: TheDivingSeel

Oh, yeah, I'm still waiting for a response to this @丅ᗴᗰᑭᗴᔕ丅. ##VOTE: Tempest

Anyways, just chipping in that I don't think lord o is scum. His bandwagon is pretty justified, and I think half the reason for it was to change his vote from on me. It's the early bandwagons that are more suspicious. I also think that they defended quite well.
I have a pretty good guess as to why Tempest voted me and Jesi. If it is what I think it is, then I can see why he doesn't want to say it, though it's really not that complicated so I don't get why he hasn't said anything yet.
Because Thanksgiving, and no idea what the good guess is. xD

Since the day is about to end, I'll justify myself next round.

I barely read through all this today so I'm not sure how to fit myself back in. I also have a fairly heavy load of homework this week so activity's gonna be a bit lower.

So from my understanding, NP's getting lynched? Huh. I felt like he was a bit more aggressive than usual, but I don't see any reason for me to vote for him, especially since it seems like he's going to die anyways.

##QUACK: NightOfYuyuko

The bandwagon jumping I was actually thinking were double o squirtle and Night0fYuyuko, your first two votes, before anything had really happened. Both were RVS votes yet both already had a decent number of votes on them for such an early stage of the game. I don't know how much stock to put in that since it was so early and hard to tell how meaningful they could be, but I noticed that onto a switch to two other bandwagons. That raised flags for me.
The rainyman123 votes I understand. That being said, even as a unanimous decision, it was still a bandwagon.
Fully agree with My Little Keldeo, which is why I voted for them.

The NinjaPenguin votes I am highly unsure about, on the one hand they seem quite zealous in their scum hunt which I view as good partially because no one else has been quite as active on that front. However, I don't think they have really led anywhere with them just yet. I don't think that is worthy of a bandwagon, though I could be wrong.

Oh, I didn't put much stock in the first vote just because I figured it was mostly random and that I'd end up switching my vote later in the day.

@Mora Could you elaborate more on what you were going to say prior to what Lord o da rings said? I am not sure which post you are referring to.[/QUOTE]

I just meant that I was going to vote NinjaPenguin before even reading up on the thread and seeing lord o da rings vote for NinjaPenguin.

From my experience, scum tend to jump on wagons shortly after they start picking up steam, since late votes often lead to them being called out for bandwagoning. NinjaPenguin was going for him prior to that, but I feel like he was trying to push an easy lynch.

NinjaPenguin initially voted for him just due to being inactive. He changed it once he started posting, but then immediately changed it back to after rainyman123 really started to open his mouth. I consider that to be the beginning of the bandwagon. I thought you meant like before that.

And phase end!

LodR: 1 (Blakers)
Seel: 4 (ninjapenguin, TSM, bbninjas, quaking)
Jesi: 2 (Tempest, simsands)
dos: 1 (Tempest)
Ninjapenguin: 6 (LodR, Blakers, TSM, Mora, simsands, dos)
Tempest: 1 (LodR, bbninjas
TFP: 7 (seel, Vracken, NP, Mora, dos, quaking, Jesi)
Mora: 1 (Vracken)
Vracken: 1 (TFP)
Yuyoko: 1 (Jesi)

TFP and Ninjapenguin have been killed! They were both ducks!

Night starts now and ends in 24 hours.

King Xerneas has been modkilled as a sub was not found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back