• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Dual M Gardevoir-EX Deck

Elray

Expanded Player
Pokemon: (12)
(2) Gardevoir-EX (PRC/GEN)
(2) Gardevoir-EX (STS)
(2) M Gardevoir-EX (PRC/GEN)
(2) M Gardevoir-EX (STS)
(1) Xerneas (STS)
(1) Xerneas BREAK (STS)
(1) Hoopa-EX (AOR)
(1) Shaymin-EX (RS)

Trainers: (36)
(3) Gardevoir Spirit Link
(3) Mega Turbo
(4) Professor Sycamore
(3) Skyla
(4) Trainers Mail
(1) Super Rod
(1) Escape Rope
(4) VS Seeker
(1) Professor's Letter
(1) Parallel City
(1) Fairy Garden
(1) Karen
(2) Max Elixr
(1) Hex Maniac
(1) Pokemon Ranger
(2) Lysandre
(1) Fairy Drop
(2) Ultra Ball

Energy: (12)
(12) Fairy Energy

My Strategy is to get Hoopa-EX in play ASAP and Xerneas as my active to load energy on the bench. I use "Despair Ray" Gardevoir to rack up early KOs due to its low energy cost. Once I have lots of energy loaded up I use "Brilliant Arrow" Gardevoir to finish the game. Shaymin-EX gets me a little more draw support when I don't have a Sycamore in hand.

I originally made this deck for the Standard format, but I'm playing in an Expanded league now, so I'd like to optimize this deck for that instead. I don't want to shell out cash for another Shaymin-EX and I'm not too sold on the idea of having another Hoopa-EX in my deck. I'd like to add another Xerneas but I'm not sure which supporters I should drop.

My deck has a great matchup against M Mewtwo-EX and decks with poor energy acceleration, but it struggles against Raticate BREAK and M Rayquaza-EX (Emerald Break).

Cut proffessors letter, skyla, ranger, and xerneas break for 2 more gardevoir ex and 3 N. You can choose between max elixir and mega turbo, but id suggest mega turbo and cut the elixirs for more fairy garden.

I already have four Gardevoir-EX's in my deck. I need Xerneas BREAK as a secondary attacker to deal with cards like Suicune (PLB) and Sigilyph (DEX/PLF). Max elixr is something I might replace with Mega Turbo and another spirit link. N is definitely going in there as well. How many Fairy Gardens should I run?

Pokemon: (12)
(2) Gardevoir-EX (STS)
(2) M Gardevoir-EX (STS)
(1) Xerneas (STS)
(1) Xerneas BREAK (STS)
(1) Hoopa-EX (AOR)
(1) Shaymin-EX (RS)

Trainers: (36)
(3) Mega Turbo
(4) Professor Sycamore
(3) Skyla
(4) Trainers Mail
(1) Super Rod
(1) Escape Rope
(4) VS Seeker
(1) Professor's Letter
(1) Parallel City
(1) Fairy Garden
(1) Karen
(2) Max Elixr
(1) Hex Maniac
(1) Pokemon Ranger
(2) Lysandre
(1) Fairy Drop
(2) Ultra Ball

Energy: (12)
(12) Fairy Energy

My Strategy is to get Hoopa-EX in play ASAP and Xerneas as my active to load energy on the bench. I use "Despair Ray" Gardevoir to rack up early KOs due to its low energy cost. Once I have lots of energy loaded up I use "Brilliant Arrow" Gardevoir to finish the game. Shaymin-EX gets me a little more draw support when I don't have a Sycamore in hand.

I originally made this deck for the Standard format, but I'm playing in an Expanded league now, so I'd like to optimize this deck for that instead. I don't want to shell out cash for another Shaymin-EX and I'm not too sold on the idea of having another Hoopa-EX in my deck. I'd like to add another Xerneas but I'm not sure which supporters I should drop.

My deck has a great matchup against M Mewtwo-EX and decks with poor energy acceleration, but it struggles against Raticate BREAK and M Rayquaza-EX (Emerald Break).

Some ideas for you :)

I play the standard version of this deck and have played a lot of variants. Another thread is on this idea as well, and you can see what I am doing on page 3 on that thread.

1. It is always going to struggle against Mega Ray. There really isn't a good way to get this deck up and running fast enough to rival the speed with which Mega Ray gets going and Parallel City only buys you a turn or two at best as most Mega Ray decks I have seen run a 4 count of Sky Field + a plethora of ways to get those pokemon back out of their discard and onto their bench. I honestly wouldn't try to tech against this deck and if a lot of people in your area are running it, you are probably better off running something else. One idea I thought up in that other thread but have done absolutely no testing on is a Dragonair + Xerneas BREAK deck. That would at least be small enough that you force Mega Ray to take 6 pokemon instead of 3.

2. Drop the Skylas. You don't need them. Especially in expanded where your speed to getting at your stuff is going to be far faster.

3. Drop Professor's Letter. Getting energy in this deck is highly unlikely to be an issue.

4. Drop Parallel City. I think this deck needs to focus on getting set up more than it needs to try to disrupt and you have bench clearing built in with DR.

5. Drop energy down to 10. You realistically don't need more than that in this deck.

6. Drop the Elixirs. Bigger focus needs to be on Xerneas even in expanded.

7. Drop Trainer's Mail count to 2.

8. +2 Battle Compressor, +1 Escape Rope, +2 Xerneas, +2 Fairy Garden, +2 Ultra Ball, +2 N (or +1 N +1 Colress). You could play around with a second Fairy Drop and / or Pokemon Center Lady. You could also drop the Escape Rope back down to 1 and add Olympia as an alternate switch.

As you can see, I am not sure there is a ton of Expanded tech that can help. You could always do something like get a Computer Search or Dowsing Machine to help with set up. Really the biggest thing IMO is the Battle Compressor. It allows you to get parts of your deck out of your way so you draw what you want + if you dump supporters early you can retrieve them via VS Seeker.

Hopefully you get some other responses too. More = better right? :)

Thanks for the reply! I think I've been looking at this from a Standard perspective.

Does this seem better?

Pokemon: (14)
(2) Gardevoir-EX (STS)
(2) M Gardevoir-EX (STS)
(3) Xerneas (STS)
(1) Xerneas BREAK (STS)
(1) Hoopa-EX (AOR)
(1) Shaymin (RS)
Trainers: (35)
(3) Mega Turbo
(4) Professor Sycamore
(1) Colress
(1) N
(2) Trainers Mail
(1) Super Rod
(2) Escape Rope
(4) VS Seeker
(2) Fairy Garden
(1) Karen
(2) Battle Compressor
(1) Hex Maniac
(1) Pokemon Ranger
(2) Lysandre
(1) Pokemon Center Lady
(1) Fairy Drop
(3) Ultra Ball
Energy: (11)
(11) Fairy Energy

I'm going with 11 energy instead of 10 because the PRC Gardevoir loves energy and if my super rods are prized I won't have much to work with.

Thanks for the reply! I think I've been looking at this from a Standard perspective.

Does this seem better?

Pokemon: (14)
(2) Gardevoir-EX (STS)
(2) M Gardevoir-EX (STS)
(3) Xerneas (STS)
(1) Xerneas BREAK (STS)
(1) Hoopa-EX (AOR)
(1) Shaymin (RS)
Trainers: (35)
(3) Mega Turbo
(4) Professor Sycamore
(1) Colress
(1) N
(2) Trainers Mail
(1) Super Rod
(2) Escape Rope
(4) VS Seeker
(2) Fairy Garden
(1) Karen
(2) Battle Compressor
(1) Hex Maniac
(1) Pokemon Ranger
(2) Lysandre
(1) Pokemon Center Lady
(1) Fairy Drop
(3) Ultra Ball
Energy: (11)
(11) Fairy Energy

I'm going with 11 energy instead of 10 because the PRC Gardevoir loves energy and if my super rods are prized I won't have much to work with.

I think it looks better, but you won't know until you play some people with it to get a feel for it!

Back