DSi

Mew the source of all

Just keep on trying!
Who has one? What are your opinions on it?

I got one this morning with my friend. I really like it, and it has a nice set-up, for instance the power button is inside, you press it to reset, the "L" and "R" buttons work better now, and if you buy it before November you get 1000 free points. All in all, very nice.

Rayquaza95

Back after a 10 year hiatus
This doesn't belong in the TCG discussion , but yes I like it , I've taken about 50 pictures with my camera already.

Amt

Mew the source of all, please be more careful next time. =P

Rayquaza95, please don't mini-mod.

*Moves*

L

Lucario_Kid

How does the internet work? do you buy it? is it free? and if I get my DSi in October will I still get the free 1000 points since its before november?

Mew the source of all

Just keep on trying!
Lucario_Kid said:
How does the internet work? do you buy it? is it free? and if I get my DSi in October will I still get the free 1000 points since its before November?

Internet is free. (Right now anyway.) Since it's before November yes you'll get the points.

red blastoise

PM me, I love to chat.
Mew the source of all said:
Lucario_Kid said:
How does the internet work? do you buy it? is it free? and if I get my DSi in October will I still get the free 1000 points since its before November?

Internet is free. (Right now anyway.) Since it's before November yes you'll get the points.

do you need a hotspot for it?
or is it everywhere?

raichupika33

Loving Wifi in my life...
I might not get it. I already have a DS, I don't use all those extra features and there is no GBA slot.

~The Biggest Fan of Raichu~
~Raichupika33~

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
I'm lovin' it.

Bigger screen, brighter, better sound quality, better overall design and the camera and AAC-player are welcome gimmicks.
Everything I disliked about the lite was also fixed, better stylus (I'm seriously, the lite one is fat and short :S), Power button (<3, also, the reset option is too useful). It's also slightly smaller, not that it matters much.
Oh yeah, and the black DSi doesn't leave fingerprints, unlike the black lite.

But most importantly, downloadable content. There might not be much on there ATM, but games for 200 to 500 Wii points (2 to 5 dollars for you guys, I guess), that's too good to pass up. Games like paper aeroplane, whilst being too silly for words, are great as random timekillers, and it only costs 200 Wii points :D

Gamefreak734

So I heard you like muDkiPz!
I don't know about the DSi, i've always been fine with my original DS. Its not like the DSi has any new features that are neccessary for new games. Although I must say it is still prety awesome.

Charging_Chimchar

God, my name is stuipd ._.
Man I wish I had one is there a list of every game on the DSi Shop yet? I need to save up and im turning in some of my DS games and my GBASP so like 25$/170$ :/

-CC

infmach

can't get Bridgit Mendler out of my mind
I would also wish to have a DSi, I don´t even have a DS.I have heard that the stylus is much better.

Mew the source of all

Just keep on trying!
Stylus better...much better.

There isn't much out on it yet, only Warioware, then again it only came out yesterday. (The internet is awesome on it. All I need to wait for is for my school to put in the wi-fi.)

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Got it yesterday. Internet may be slowest I've ever had on a browser. You can type fast on it though. And no YouTube videos. That just basically killed me.

Yeah, but the stylus change, bigger screen, Power button, etc. all rock. I took some pictures of me, my mom, and my cats. (<3). The DSiWare games are really cheap, but they don't have complete replay value. WarioWare was amazing, and Art Style is good as always. There's tons of levels in that one too. I even heard Brain Age was good, go figure. The Volume is kinda funky, I hate having to keep on pressing it. And the matte finish is probably the best I've seen on a handheld. I definately say it was worth it, but we'll see if it turns into a flop system.

dmaster out.

ditto_rules

Rouge Master
In the first hour of using mine, I had encountered an almost fatal(to the DSi) glitch. It stated when I had used the camera for the third time, an error message apeared. So, I tried to use it again and my DSi had a weird thing appeared were the Nintendo DSi start portion should have been. After it started correctly, I did what the operation manual stated to do and the message reapeared. Soon after, it stoped occuring and the system was perfect. Here is the lesson you should get from this problem: wait at least half a minute before turning the DSi back on again and it will start correctly.

The web on the DSi is great, but no videos can be viewed on it. It is ok for a free browser, but it would be beter if they sold updates such as flash players for about 250 Nintendo Points.
~posted from laptop~

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Charging_Chimchar said:
Man I wish I had one is there a list of every game on the DSi Shop yet? I need to save up and im turning in some of my DS games and my GBASP so like 25$/170$ :/

-CC

There's actually six downloadable things on the Shop Channel (not just WarioWare)

Art Style: AQUIA

WarioWare: Snapped

Internet

Master of Illusion

Birds and Beans

Brain Age

Off the top of my head, these are the titles. (Posted via DSi).

dmaster out.

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
If you have the European DSi, you can also get Paper plane (which is a fun game, and only 200, so yeah :D I think it's from a warioware game somewhere, but enhanced) and Art Style: Code (which is probably the most original math puzzle game ever)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_DSiWare_games_and_applications

I fail to see why they're releasing some games only in the US and some only in Europe ATM, BTW...

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
They'll release more games weekly, just like the VC. I know there's a really interesting game coming out soon. Other Art Style games need to come out soon too.Seriously, if you doubt the DSi and it's DSiWare service, I highly recommend you try out AQUIA and tell me how wrong you were. Although, I was a little dissapointed with WarioWare. Maybe it was just to make the game come out on launch. :F

dmaster out.