Drew's second half of the year cya seniors

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
Hey guys today I went to the Plasma Freeze prerelease in York, PA and I got great pulls. Heres what I got that was noteworthy out of my first 6 packs
1- Shiny Empoleon
1- Execute
1- Weavile
1- Reshiram Reverse
1- Dragonite Holo
1- Plasma Traid
1- Frozen City
1- Float Stone

So here was the deck I build out of my 6 booster packs
Pokemon (19)
1-1 Bisharp (Uncommon Bisharp)
1- Pachi
2- Hoothoot
1- Empoleon
1- Exeggcute
2-1-1 Krookodile
2-1 Flareon (1 good 1 bad eevee)
2-1 Weavile
1- Beldum
1- Reshiram
Trainers (3)
1- Shadow Triad
1- Float Stone
1- Frozen City
Energy (18)
6- Fire
11- Dark
1- Plasma

Round 1 Dale w/Seadra/Cryogonal/Vaporeon
I start Reshiram and he keeps using Cryogonals attack where I cant attack, but he eventually runs out of energy for Cryogonal and then I sweep with Reshiram.
1-0
Round 2 Ian w/Latios EX/Weavile/Hydreigon/Flareon
I start with Sneasel and then I get into Weavile and start discarding pokemon and I just get all my prize cards very quickly
2-0
Round 3 Ben w/Muk/Espeon
He gets Muk out and uses his first attack, and I just dont get nothing so I lose.
2-1

I turn my energy in and the Ben kid that I battled in round 3 trades me his FA Ghetsis for my last 2 packs for participating and he gets Raticate and Reshiram as his rares. Win for me. I start trading with people like crazy at the end of the tourney and I end up with all these goodies:
3- Deoxys EX (1 Full Art)
1- Shiny Empoleon
1- FA Ghetsis
1- FA Heatran

New Holland Battle Road Kyurem/Thundurus EX/Deoxys EX/Absol/Lugia EX

I'm not playing this deck anymore, because its too freaken boring to play. If anyone cares here's the list I ran:
Pokémon (11)
3-Thundurus EX
4-Deoxys EX
2-Kyurem
1-Lugia EX
1-Absol

T/S/S (37)
4-N
4-Juniper
3-Skyla
2-Bianca
2-Colress
4-Catcher
4-Laser
3-Switch
2-Float Stone
3-Colress Machine
2-Ultra Ball
2-Plasma Ball
1-Scramble Switch
1-Virbank

Energy (12)
4-Prism
4-Blend M,F,W,L
4-Plasma
After running this deck today I would run one more Plasma Kyurem instead of an Absol, because Absol was useless all day.

My friend Ben H. comes over at about 8:30 and we have a one hour drive to New Holland. We get their about 20 minutes before registration, so we head over to the next door McDonald's to get some food. I go to the Card Store where the tourney is being held and I trade for 3 Gold Stars which was really awesome, and then pairings go up.

Round 1 Nick w/Darkrai/Sableye
We both get pretty poor starts and don't get set up til like turn 3. He runs a Sigilyph tech which I use Frost Spear to knockout so im up a prize. He uses Night Spear to KO Thundurus EX. I put my Kyurem up with 2 energy and then I use Scramble Switch into Lugia to KO his damaged Darkrai for 3 prizes!!!!!! He catchers up my Deoxys and Junk Hunts during his turn. I get the Switch and KO Sableye for my last two prizes. Lugia took 5 prizes that game which was awesome, because I just put him right before the tourney started.

Win (1-0)

Round 2 Justin w/Heatran/Eevees
I get a quick Kyurem and I just kill all his pokemon with snipes from Frost Spear

Win (2-0)

Round 3 Ishaan w/Darkrai/Sableye/Terrakion
He mulligans three times and goes second which puts him in a horrible spot. I start Deoxys to his Sableye and I Ultra Ball for Kyurem play Switch attach Blend W,M,L,F to my Kyurem play Colress Machine, I laser his Sableye, and put him to sleep. All I need is a Virbank off of a Bianca for six. I draw 4 cards and draw no Virbank, and then off of my fifth card I hit the Virbank, and I get the donk. This win made my day, because I never do good againest Ishaan and I just donked him lol. He's a good sport about it and said good luck and good game, which shows that he's a good sport.

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
(3-0)

Round 4 Orrin w/Gothitelle/Accelgor/Mew/Dusknoir
He gets turn 2 Goth, and I whiff energy on my Kyurem my first two turns, which really put me behind. He just destroyed me the whole game, because he like never missed a Deck and Cover.

Lost
(3-1)

I get third which is okay I suppose. I pulled a Kecleon, Chandelure, and a FA Latios EX out of my last two packs. Its funny, because out of the Seniors the only one that didn't get any Ultra Rares is Orrin, and he got 1st. Sam (Machamp the Champion) got a FA Deoxys which I traded my Regular Deoxys, and Plasma Storm Black Kyurem EX for. Alex (Glace) got a Latias EX I think.

Props
3rd
Trading for 3 Gold Stars (Charizard, Rayquaza, and Mewtwo)
Ben H. getting 3-3 with his Darkrai deck
Donking Ishaan (Achievement of the year right there)
Pokebeach dominating Top four except we didn't win :p
Subway (Buffalo Chicken Flatbread is so good)
Ben H. for using crazy vocabulary which I didn't understand whatsoever
People laughing at my Bidoof Collection
Zach's girlfriend getting second

Slops
Having to trade away a FA Juniper towards the Charizard Gold Star.
Not getting much sleep last night

Frederick Battle Road

I wanted to play my Articuno EX/Thundurus EX/Kyurem/Garbodor deck, but it wasnt working very well, and I had my Plasma Box Deck sitting around in a deckbox so I figured I guess Ill play that. It takes about 55 minutes to get from my house to Frederick, MD. I do a little trading before the tourney and then pairings go up for Round 1.

Round 1- ?? (Keldeo EX/Blastoise/Mewtwo EX) Lose 0-1
Round 2- ?? (Cobalion EX/Keldeo EX & a lot of Lasers) Win 1-1
Round 3- Will (Darkrai EX/Hydreigon/Shaymin EX Win 2-1
Round 4- Micheal Carton (Latias EX/Darkrai EX/Mewtwo EX/Terrakion/Ho-Oh EX/Shaymin EX/Sableye & other stuff that I didn't see) Win 3-1

3-1 4th Place
I get the best pulls out of my packs (sarcasm) as I pull a Bisharp and a Staraptor. Admit it you guys are all jealous of my pulls.

Props
Trading for a Juniper Full Art :D
4th
Buffalo Chicken Sub at Subway

Slops
Bad Pulls
Not knowing many people there

Reading Battle Road
I was getting bored of Plasma Box, so I had 3 options Garbodor/Rayeels/Raticate Eelektrik, or some other random meta deck. I decided to go with Rayeels, because I haven't played it for a while, and its pretty good.

Round 1- Ishaan (Plasma Box) I get donked. He killed my lone Tynamo with his Kyurem. I completely deserved this one for donking him at New Holland, so now me and Ishaan are even. Lose 0-1
Round 2- Bye 1-1 I was walking around the mall for awhile, because I was bored, and then I came back just in time lol.
Round 3- Nolan (Darkrai EX/Absol) Lose 1-2 I would've won if I would have had Mr.Mime out.
1-2 5th.

Props
Buffalo Chicken Sub at Subway (I cant stress how good these things are)
I traded in 10 code card, and got a Plasma Freeze pack and pulled Tornadus EX FA.
Sam's Life Dew
Slops
My only win came when I didn't have an opponent
My mom taking forever at Giant after the tourney -__-
1-2

York, PA Battle Road
I went to bed at 1:30 and woke up at 8:30 to go to the battle roads in my hometown: York, Pennsylvania. I really wanted to win this tourney bad, because its my last tourney in Seniors and this place is my hometown. My sister got me this really big chocolate chip cookie from her work (she's so nice) :p. It was an amazing cookie, but then my stomach didn't feel so good. Lol. Enough of the random talk lets get onto the tourney.

Deck: Articuno EX/Thundurus EX/Dusknoir/Kyurem

Round 1 Austin (Mewtwo EX/Absol/Sigilyph)
I start Thundurus and I get a Kyurem doing Frost Spear turn 2. I spread a lot of damage with Kyurem, and then I get out Dusknoir, and start killing things left, and right. I eventually Scramble Switch onto Articuno EX, and he literally cant do anything, so I just take all my prizes with big ol' Articuno EX.
Win (1-0)

Round 2 Ben (Turbo Tornadus/the deck Pooka was using the other day)
Ben is a good friend of mine who donked a Bouffalant with Tornadus's Jet Blast his last round. I get a good start while he gets a bad one. I start spreading damage with Kyurem early game, and then later game I Scramble Switch into Thundurus and use Thunderous Noise the rest of the game and take all my prizes.
Win (2-0)

Round 3 Nolan (Darkrai EX/Absol)
Nolan and I trade prizes back and forth throughout the game. I have 2 prize cards left and he has 1, so I Catcher up his Keldeo EX, and Scramble Switch into Articuno EX. I paralyze his Keldeo and then he Catchers up my Kyurem with no energy. I have to draw a Switch/Skyla/Float Stone. I draw Thundurus EX :mad:
Lost (2-1)

2nd -_-
Im pretty disappointed that I couldn't win in my last tourney as a Senior, but atleast I was the first loser. I pull Chandelure,3 Super Energy Retrieval, Sceptile, and a Zekrom. Wooot.

Props
Cookie
Turbo Tornadus
Using my favorite legendary Articuno
Eating at Marco's. This place is 10 times better than a Buffalo Chicken Sub with extra hot sauce at Subway.
Going into Masters

Slops
2nd
72 cp. lawls.

Cya next year guys. I will not be at Nationals or Worlds, because I suck and I hate this format. Anyway good luck to all you guys that are going to Nationals or Worlds. It would really be cool if a beacher took 1st place at one of these events. Im in Masters now, so I wont be winning any tourneys :p

RE: Plasma Freeze Prerelease 6 Ultra Rares!

Wow. Neat pulls!

At the BC Prerelease I pulled no holos in my first 6 packs and 2 Celebi EXs in my last 2 packs.

I had to trade my FA Keldeo EX and FA Lugia EX for the Deoxys EX FA, but it was totally worth it even if I did get ripped off lol.

Lol that reminds me at the PS prerelease I ripped this guy off bad. I traded my REGULAR Keldeo EX for his Japaneese Regular Deoxys EX and 2 Ns.

MountainDrew said:
and I end up with all these goodies:
3- Deoxys EX (1 Full Art)

O______________O

Wow. What the heck did you trade for all that (I know what you traded for the FA, but what about the other 2)? Well, good for you, getting 3 Deoxys EX before the set's even released.

The one I spend $45 bucks on and the other one I traded Shiny Blastoise and $5. I also got 2 Plasma Kyurem and an Absol for $13. After the tourney Kendall was like howd u get 3 Deoxys already? Lol

Freeze's Pre-release at my local store will only be on the 19th(more like post-release). I hope I'm as lucky as I was in Storm's pre(opened Cobalion EX FA, Dowsing Machine and Scramble Switch) and if I win any prizes I hope I'll get more good stuff(I opened a Shiny Blastoise, Colress FA, another Cobalion ex, 3 foil eviolites, 4 lasers and 2 Virbanks)

Why wouldn't you put Empoleon in your deck?

Yeah I just used it for Weavile and I actually put Empoleon in the discard pile for Weavile in the second game and it won me it :p

You still could've ran more basics. :p
(not trying to be a jerk here btw)

Well if I put more basics than I wouldnt have been able to start with the basics I wanted to as much.

I thought you pulled 6 URs based on the title xD.

I only pulled Empoleon. I traded for the rest.

RE: Drew's second half of the year UPDATE WITH BATTLE ROADS!!!!!!!

Update with New Holland Battle Roads.

Back