'Dragon Majesty,' Special Set Releasing in America This Fall!

birdboy2000

Bird Keeper
A lot of pokemon I really like in the set, but I don't know if I can justify playing any of them. Hoopa does Altaria-GX's main job better and Salamence just seems like a worse Solgaleo. (Lower discard at least, but only 200 damage hurts, as does the four energy requirement - do dragons have an easy way to boost damage? Even +10 would be huge.) Lance is a really interesting card for dragons if it can just get stage 2s on the board without the basics, and Dragonite's GX move would be too if not for the high energy requirements... both really nifty tools but I don't know if the dragons that can take advantage of them exist yet.

Jareth's Nasty Dunks

Aspiring Trainer
Honestly the card I think i'm most excited for is the Wishiwashi.....No seriously. Giving the GX version of itself +20 in both damage output and hp is insane. Being able to use a Professor Elms Lecture to immediately get a collective +60 on the board is nuts.

inocent8ystander

On another booster pack fast
Ok. was I the only one that realized that the new highest hp pokemon is Wishiwashi gx with 330 if you have all the babys out and a fighting fury belt? or am I just missing something... obviously that's in expanded now but I think that you can break over 300 is impressive. (cause before it was black kyurem ex with a crystal wall ace spec)

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
I'd been anticipating that Hydreigon to show up as an alternate art at some point ... it's kind of awkward that it's included in this. I had been hoping for the colourless Ho-Oh, but maybe that'll be in Lost Thunder instead.
hydreigon probably preperaing for when the girantina with the ability torn door.

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
Honestly the card I think i'm most excited for is the Wishiwashi.....No seriously. Giving the GX version of itself +20 in both damage output and hp is insane. Being able to use a Professor Elms Lecture to immediately get a collective +60 on the board is nuts.
yes, if your playing expanded you can use mr.mime, bronzong, but i would probably use machoke to prevent bench damage more effectively. just have a bunch of dive balls, level balls or nest balls in your deck, which ever combination you choose, possibility of a stall deck unlikely, since a 30hp mon is more likely to be guzma or lysandred. I suspect expanded where it will be used more, since you most likely would require a sky field. Most likely quagsire will be included in this deck as well, to enhance aqua patches usage, or max elixers.

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Excited for Kingdra GX, how much do we think this (regular) card will cost a week or so after release? Hoping to get 3 for under £20.

geekasaur14

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Victini Prism Star is actually really interesting... Maybe a neat inclusion in something like turbo turtles?

Jareth's Nasty Dunks

Aspiring Trainer
yes, if your playing expanded you can use mr.mime, bronzong, but i would probably use machoke to prevent bench damage more effectively. just have a bunch of dive balls, level balls or nest balls in your deck, which ever combination you choose, possibility of a stall deck unlikely, since a 30hp mon is more likely to be guzma or lysandred. I suspect expanded where it will be used more, since you most likely would require a sky field. Most likely quagsire will be included in this deck as well, to enhance aqua patches usage, or max elixers.

It can be done simpler in expanded with something like Bridgette + Sky Pillar. For standard though, youre in a pretty good spot if you use sky pillar effectively. You could freely hit for 80 damage on turn 2 with a single water energy and a professor elms lecture. then they have to beat into your 270 hp mon before those hits kill you. God forbid you run something like acerola/max potion because the energy investment is so low too.

Pauk214

Aspiring Trainer
Wish they would release the trainer boxes first, seems like it would make more sense for Pokemon and the consumer.

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Wish they would release the trainer boxes first, seems like it would make more sense for Pokemon and the consumer.

Less money. People are gonna buy these pin boxes out of necessity, if I got an ETB first I probably wouldn't splash out on one, let alone two pin boxes.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
Less money. People are gonna buy these pin boxes out of necessity, if I got an ETB first I probably wouldn't splash out on one, let alone two pin boxes.
I'm getting the pin boxes out of want for the pins and the Latias/Latios promos. I want to get the elite trainer because of the dice, and Promo. The ETBs of Generations and Shining Legends came with a special promo from purchasing them. I should know; i purchased each one. It was either the FA Blastoise EX promo or the Charizard EX promo for buying the Generations Box. I chose Blastiose EX. It was a Shining Ho-Oh for buying a Shining Legends ETB. I wonder what the promo will be this time. Probably a Naganadel or poipole Promo. As for the CST trainer box, i think i got a rayquaza coin in it. but then lost it. I'm unsure

du_megaman

Aspiring Trainer
its just like shining legends! at least a holo in every single pack! :) although it makes the charizard less valuable... le sigh

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
Why is victini’s attack name so lame. “Infinity.” Its so lack luster.
Charizard seems playable, for once in its existence.