• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Dragapult Deck PTCGO

N7ONASTRO

Aspiring Trainer
##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 219
* 4 Jirachi TEU 99
* 4 Dragapult V RCL 183
* 1 Giratina LOT 97
* 1 Giratina UNM 86
* 1 Mew UNB 76
* 1 Mewtwo UNB 75
* 1 Mr. Mime TEU 66
* 3 Dragapult VMAX RCL 197

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 2 Shrine of Punishment CES 143
* 4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 4 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 4 Switch CES 147
* 2 Energy Spinner UNB 170
* 3 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 1 Mallow & Lana CEC 231
* 4 Marnie SSH 200
* 1 Reset Stamp UNM 206
* 2 Boss’s Orders (Giovanni) RCL 189
* 1 Great Catcher CEC 192
* 4 Scoop Up Net RCL 165

##Energy - 7

* 3 Psychic Energy SMEnergy 14
* 4 Horror Psychic Energy RCL 172

Total Cards - 60

Last edited:
Hi N7ONASTRO,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

- 2 Shrine of Punishment CES 143 (Viridian Forest is better since it gets you energy and synergizes with Giratina LOT)
- 2 Energy Spinner UNB 170 (not needed anymore)
- 1 Tool Scrapper RCL 208 (needed the room and there are not many tools that scare you)
- 4 Crushing Hammer SSH 159 (too inconsistent and not central to the theme)

+ 1 Marnie SSH 200 (needed consistency)
+ 1 Professor's Research SSH 178 (needed consistency)
+ 3 Viridian Forest (synergizes with Giratina LOT and Scoop Up Net while also getting you energy)
+ 3 Giant Bomb (more attack punishment and damage counters to utilize)
+ 1 Horror Energy (see above)

Hi N7ONASTRO,

- 2 Shrine of Punishment CES 143 (Viridian Forest is better since it gets you energy and synergizes with Giratina LOT)
- 1 Tool Scrapper RCL 208 (needed the room and there are not many tools that scare you)

+ 3 Viridian Forest (synergizes with Giratina LOT and Scoop Up Net while also getting you energy)

I really wanted the Crushing Hammers to work, but I guess it's time to leave them behind.

I'll make an edit to the deck and try it out, I appreciate you replying!

Hi N7ONASTRO,

Definitely do NOT make these changes. Viridian is a bad stadium in Pult when you have Shrine, Swell and Power Plant as all way better options and have Spinner anyway. You also absolutely need Scrapper in this deck.

Hammer is really good in Pult for the mirror and any Zacian matchup.

Giant Bomb is clunky and unoptimal because you already have enough spread to set up perfect math on anything in the game with Pult ticks.

You do want 4 Horror Energy because Energy consistency is important in Pult, and Horror does matter in some math like against ADP (you 2 shot if they Ultimate Ray into Horror Energy), Zacian with 7 ticks dies if they hit into Horror Energy, and with 5 ticks on an opposing Pult you 2 shot if they hit into Horror.

4 Research and 4 Marnie are good so you should cut something for those. You could cut the baby Mew or the 4th copy of Switch/Jirachi. There are also other card counts you could probably mess with.

Definitely do NOT make these changes. Viridian is a bad stadium in Pult when you have Shrine, Swell and Power Plant as all way better options and have Spinner anyway. You also absolutely need Scrapper in this deck.

I totally disagree here. Viridian gets you energy and allows you to discard a retrieved Giratina to place more damage counters on two benched Pokémon.

I totally disagree here. Viridian gets you energy and allows you to discard a retrieved Giratina to place more damage counters on two benched Pokémon.
You already have the exact same odds of finding Spinner, and you give your opponent Viridian which allows them to accelerate their board state against you which is horrible for Pult. Pult plays Hammer to PREVENT your opponent from setting Energy up on their board, which is extremely important not to give ADPZ, Combo Zacian, Pika, the mirror, and Baby Blowns. That is literally the entire meta.

The only Pult variant that should ever run Viridian is the Mally variant, which this is not. And the argument of it discarding Tina is completely irrelevant because you already have 12 ways to do it already, assuming you need the Distortion Door in the first place

You already have the exact same odds of finding Spinner, and you give your opponent Viridian which allows them to accelerate their board state against you which is horrible for Pult. Pult plays Hammer to PREVENT your opponent from setting Energy up on their board, which is extremely important not to give ADPZ, Combo Zacian, Pika, the mirror, and Baby Blowns. That is literally the entire meta.

The only Pult variant that should ever run Viridian is the Mally variant, which this is not. And the argument of it discarding Tina is completely irrelevant because you already have 12 ways to do it already, assuming you need the Distortion Door in the first place

I disagree once more. Crushing Hammers has a 50 percent chance to hit. Besides Pikarom all other decks mentioned hit hard enough to activate Giant Bomb which accelerates the damage output a lot. I would rather go with a Giant Bomb build than a Crushing Hammer build because the former one is more reliable. Depending on the exact distribution of the decks you mentioned you may want to consider running the Jirachi Prism combo yourself.

I made a few edits to my deck; I tried the non-Hammer version. Not my cup of tea, but I appreciated it.

I know everyone runs Reset Stamp, but I never get it when I need it, so I'm trying this for now.

Back