Dracovish V, Leafeon, Glaceon, Blunder Policy, and Other Gym Promos Revealed!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The next batch of Gym promos have been revealed out of Hong Kong. As usual, these will be distributed in Japan and Hong Kong at Pokemon’s Gym tournaments. Players will receive a booster pack containing one of the seven promo cards. Thanks goes to Jack U. for the translations!
Leafeon – Grass – HP110
Stage 1 – Evolves from Eevee
[G] Leaf Defense: 30 damage. During your opponent’s next turn, this Pokemon takes 30 less damage from attacks (after applying Weakness and Resistance).
[G][C] Grass Knot: 50+ damage. This attack does 30 more damage for each Energy in your opponent’s Active Pokemon’s Retreat Cost.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
(#102/S-P)...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I am really excited for both Dracovish V and Blunder Policy. Assuming they ever come to the states, Draco is pretty neat for tool removal and two shotting VMAX's (assuming they have a tool) which pairs well with Melony. But Dragonite V is still better imo. Blunder Policy is hype because all I think of is Maractus and Cramorant VMAX having basically a little built in Oricorio post rotation.

Would blunder policy be an option in maractus or wailord V? You're flipping around 5/6 coins each turn, with at least 1 tails being almost certain. I'm just wondering if flipping multiple coins would still trigger the effect of the card.

Blunder policy would turn the TCG into a tycoon with how many tails I flip.

I think the blunder policy would make flippy cards more viable (and much less infuriating) without being as boring as something such as Trick Coin.

Last edited:
I like these cards, except for Croagunk and Baltoy (I don't expect evolving Basics to be particularly exciting, but lately they've been SUPER boring). I especially like Blunder Policy. I enjoy when they adapt game items into the TCG in a way that makes sense, and its effect will be fun to play in Maractus and the like.

Dracovish V - 1. The attack cost is expensive. 2. Crobat V rarely uses a tool, so yeah. You're problematic on that. 3. Meh. 3 Geodudes

Leafeon/Glaceon - Meh. 3/3

Blunder Policy - situational tool for a situational matchup. 3

blunder policy makes flipping mon much better, heads, great i get to attack, tails, i get more cards
imagine risk taker with blunder policy, tails you lose 6 cards lol

Would blunder policy be an option in maractus or wailord V? You're flipping around 5/6 coins each turn, with at least 1 tails being almost certain. I'm just wondering if flipping multiple coins would still trigger the effect of the card.
Nope. Very matchup-heavy. Also consider the standard dmg you do. Maractus can only do 120 for 2, not good. I know it can do more than 120, but consider most of the turns you do less than you expect to a 110-HP Pokemon. Wailord? I won't consider using it

Back