• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

"DraconisDrill" DBd Garchomp Idea

Magnezone_Elf

Sexy as ever!!!
Here is an idea I had:

Pokémon-19
1 Cleffa CoL
4-2-3 Garchomp
4-4 Altaria
1-1 Excadrill
Energy-12
6 {F}
2 {W}
4 Blend Energy- {W}{F}{L}{M}
Trainers-23
4 PONT
2 Juniper
2 Cheren
2 Candy
3 Collector
3 Comm
2 Switch
3 Catcher
4 JA
3 Black Belt
Strategy:
Use Garchomp to discard special energy as well as 60 damage without Altaria and 80 with. Dragon Blade can 2HKO anything, though I might need to increase damage output more. Excadrill gets back the cards I discard with DBd
Suggestion and constructive criticism wanted.

Instead if Garchomp I'd just use t-tar and lost remover since t-tar also discards the top of your deck and can withstand any of the reshiram or zekrom EXs attacks. The problem with altaria is that it is catcher bait and can easily be OHKOd. I'd switch cheren with some twins or sage's, PONT, or N. More dawning power is needed. I'd max out collector and communicating/junk arm and add more drawing power.

The problem with ttar is that is discards the top 3 cards of ur deck and120 for {D}{D}{C}{C}, whereas garchomp only discards 2 for 100 and {W}{F}. Plus, lost remover is a trainer, which can be locked. But catchering altaria… any suggestions on that?

Its going to be a very tight fit but I guess some things aren't too crucial in this deck that could be taken out. Vileplume doesn't have to be added though because eelektrik seems to do fine in eelektrik decks but I'm not too sure if you should add it. If you are then
-1-0-0 garchomp (A fourth isn't too needed I guess)
-2 cheren (there are better drawing supporters out there)
-2 switch (can be reused with junk arm)

+3-1-2 or 2-1-2 vileplume

but then Junk arm and catcher would be useless so I maybe I wouldn't add a vileplume line. I think its more of a preference thing though. If you think that catcher isn't too vital then I guess so but then twins would help out set up other things.

Then I would
-2 cheren (better drawing supporters)
-1 switch

+1 Junk arm (can reuse important trainers)
+2 twins (you will most likely have a pokemon KOd because it takes longer than MTC and other basic decks to set up)
+2 lost remover/crushing hammer (I think it goes pretty well with gar chomp's attack)

Maybe an energy accelerator is needed for this deck because it will already have a pretty slow start compared to those all basic donk decks. I'd suggest shaymin EX as another attacker because it does pretty well as a late game attacker, though rainbow is going to be needed for that, or mew two EX as a counter to MTC.

Yes. I was mainly talking about the different types of energies. Maybe energy exchanger could help in case you need to switch out the energies but I don't it is crucial though. Just an idea.

Jirachi said:
Yes. I was mainly talking about the different types of energies. Maybe energy exchanger could help in case you need to switch out the energies but I don't it is crucial though. Just an idea.
I still don't see how Electrode is needed. It's two different energy types. It's not worth giving up a prize lol. You should just mainly be attacking with Garchomp's first attack.

^What electrode? I guess one good thing with electrode is Twins which lets you set up faster but it is not needed.

Jirachi said:
^What electrode? I guess one good thing with electrode is Twins which lets you set up faster but it is not needed.
I'm pretty sure you edited your post to delete electrode because you talked about it in your original post. :p What energy acceleration is there that accelerates {F} and {W}?

As for the deck, gabite helps setup, and excadrill is probably not needed because you should probably focus on garchomp's first attack more.

Well, not really acceleration but more of energy search maybe like energy exchanger or something. Maybe 1 but it is not that needed but just an idea but I changed my mind about that since it is not really needed. I think that gar chomp can be used for both attacks. The second attack can be used to finish off the high hp pokemon like the EXs. I'd do more of a combination between the two attacks. Attack for 80 with the first, then 120 by the second and no pokemon even with eviolite can withstand that. Maybe rocky helmet might work too if you want to focus on the first attack more so it is almost always a 2HKO for the 180 hp pokemon instead of 3HKO by doing 80 three times.

I'm guessing you are going to be using the good Gabite? If so I'd add another 1. It is a great drogon searcher. Vileplume would be great instead of Excadrill, Vileplume locks catcher and other pesky trainers. Without vileplume:
-2 switch
-2 Cheren
-2 Fighting
-3-3 Excadrill

+1 Ability gabite
+1 catcher
+1 Juniper
+ 3 Sage's
+ 2 Level Ball (unless altaria doesn't have 90 hp)
+ 1 Candy
+ 4 Rainbow energy
+ 1 Water
+ 1 Super rod
+ 1 collector
(and obviously add dragon energy if its effect is good) Bulk up the Altaria lines, because they are easy catcher bait with a low 70hp

Can I have a link to a scan of the gabite? But pokemonjoe, you're right so ill focus more on Garchomps 1st attack.

I added Black Belt, becuz I can OHKO EXs with GChomps 1st ATK with 4 Altaria and Black Belt.

Magnezone_Elf said:
Can I have a link to a scan of the gabite? But pokemonjoe, you're right so ill focus more on Garchomps 1st attack.

I added Black Belt, becuz I can OHKO EXs with GChomps 1st ATK with 4 Altaria and Black Belt.

Gabite you should use V

Gabite - Dragon - HP80
Stage 1 - Evolves from Gible

Ability: Dragon Call
You may use this Ability once during your turn. Search your deck for a [N] Pokemon, show it to your opponent, and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[W][F] Dragon Slice: 20 damage.

Weakness: Dragon (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also, what are the chances, you will have 4 Altaria in play at a time. It may be easy with Level Ball and GabiteSearch, but it clogs up your bench. Couldn't you use Garchomp's second attack with a black belt and 2 Altarias. Much much easier.

Back