Dowsing Machine (Plasma Storm # 128) {12/15/12}

Vulpix Yolk

\ \ durant gang \ \
296d850.png

Card of the Day: Dowsing Machine​
128-dowsing-machine.jpg

lol large images.

I like it way more than Computer Search. Supporters from Discard. Amazing. RR isn't really needed in Darkrai anymore (Though it;d be preferred.)
Really its great.

Finally a card other than sableye to get back trainers! Computer search is still better early game, but this is a godsend late game. I think this might even be better just because there are not as many cards to retreive trainers.

10/10 for playability.

Artwork 10/10 Is someone playing pokemon on that device?

It's like recycling a Juniper!

Computer Search vs. Dowsing Machine will become a rather big dilemma for deck-builders, it seems. They both have their ups and downs. I honestly believe they are of equal playability, and whichever one will be used over the other will depend on the deck.

I have nothing else of worth to say at this time, but the artwork makes me chuckle.

10/10 for playability and art.
This card outclasses Comp. Search in that it can get back catchers for late game, or other good things. Comp. Search is better early game, but this card can get you out of tight situations.

I kind of liked the predictability there was without Junk Arm. You could count on your opponent only being able to play four Catchers a game, and once they did, you didn't have to worry about what was on your Bench.

Hmm, get ANY card from the DECK, or a TRAINER from the DISCARD, where you already pull out stuff with sableye (if you run it) and your opponent can see your options. I really think that CP Search is better.

I like it, sorta. I am a big fan of Sableye. This is good both early and late game and will be awesome in all sorts of deck.

Really good card. Completely playable. The question is: Computer Search or Dowsing Machine? Computer Search is really good early game and can get you any card (even special energy which dowsing machine can't in any way). Skyla does the same just that from the deck while being a supporter. Of course this card out classes Skyla but I am not sure if it is better than Computer Search.

Playability: 10/10

Is someone playing pokemon on that device?
It is a broken DS :O

Dowsing machine is the item in the game that looks like that when you use it. so... yeah.

grantm1999 said:
Hmm, get ANY card from the DECK, or a TRAINER from the DISCARD, where you already pull out stuff with sableye (if you run it) and your opponent can see your options. I really think that CP Search is better.

For decks that run Sableye, probably, although Dowsing Rod can get Supporters and Stadiums, too.

grantm1999 said:
You're really underrated Dowsing Machine's late game power. How is Computer Search going to help you when you've used all your catchers? Obviously you wouldn't run it if you run Sableye, but the ability to have 5 Junipers, 5 Catchers, or 5 of anything you need is just too good to pass up. Obviously Computer Search is still amazing, but Dowsing Machine is just as good.

Search for dowsing rod with skyla, discard two cards, pull out catcher. Benched mewtwo, goodbye.

Search out Catcher with Skyla.
Unless this is some late-game nonsense we're talking about and you used up all your Catchers but not all your Skylas.

^ I agree. But at the same time, I still run Random Receiver. Yeah. I know. Digging out a "fifth" Juniper could be awesome, but the freedom Computer Search gives to access any part of the deck wins me over just by a little, despite the nostalgia Dowsing Machine whips up.

Yup. Skyla is an amazing pair. Most of the time I comp search for a dce or a juniper. Ony thing that I would run over comp search is scramble switch.

Also it would be nice to pull a "5th" out of the discard, but if you know what your doing you shouldnt need a "5th" card very often at all making computer search the optimal choice here.
And anybody actually wanting a fifth juniper better have some strategy because they are going to deck out haha. I rarely use all four, its just consistency. The games when I do use 4 Juniper, I generally have less than 8 cards in my deck by the end of the game.

exdarkrai01 said:
Yup. Skyla is an amazing pair. Most of the time I comp search for a dce or a juniper. Ony thing that I would run over comp search is scramble switch.

Also it would be nice to pull a "5th" out of the discard, but if you know what your doing you shouldnt need a "5th" card very often at all making computer search the optimal choice here.
And anybody actually wanting a fifth juniper better have some strategy because they are going to deck out haha. I rarely use all four, its just consistency. The games when I do use 4 Juniper, I generally have less than 8 cards in my deck by the end of the game.

That's actually not true. How many times have you been forced to discard a catcher or two with Juniper when you wanted them for late game?

Back