• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Down with the THICCNESS (Copperajah VMAX)

Cramp_Discharger

Aspiring Trainer
With the release of Rebel Clash, I've been playing around with the new Copperajah VMAX, and I've gotta say this card is impressive. Youtuber LittleDarkFury posted a video about him today and I tried out his decklist, making only minor changes. It's an extremely tanky build, pairing the big ol' elephant with LucMetal and a 4-count of Metal Frying Pans. The results on PTCGO have been nothing short of impressive; provided it can set up, it hammers Dragapult, ZADP and just about anything else in the meta. What's more, thanks to the pans, it can tango with fire decks, too (Just hope they aren't playing Tool Scrapper...).

Here's the list:

##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Oranguru SSH 148
* 1 Eldegoss V RCL 176
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 3 Copperajah V RCL 136
* 1 Galarian Meowth RCL 126
* 2 Lucario & Melmetal-GX UNB 203
* 1 Zacian V SSH 138
* 1 Galarian Perrserker RCL 205
* 2 Copperajah VMAX RCL 137

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 4 Metal Saucer SSH 170
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 4 Switch EVO 88
* 2 Boss’s Orders (Giovanni) RCL 154
* 2 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Cynthia & Caitlin CEC 189
* 2 Mallow & Lana CEC 198
* 1 Reset Stamp UNM 206
* 4 Professor's Research SSH 201
* 2 Tag Call CEC 206
* 2 Marnie SSH 208
* 4 Metal Frying Pan FLI 112
* 1 Evolution Incense SSH 163

##Energy - 12

* 1 Capture Energy RCL 171
* 11 Metal Energy SMEnergy 8

The strategy is simple: If possible, open with a turn 1 Lucmetal and use his GX attack ASAP to buff your Pokemon. Even better, if you're playing against something that tends to have little energy acceleration, go for the full 2 attachments and use the GX attack for its max effect, discarding all of their energies and setting them back a turn or two. Next, get a Copperajah V onto the bench and start building him up with saucers and the like. Dedenne can help you cycle through the deck Turn 1, and Zacian's there as both draw support and a pinch hitter. The 1-1 Perrserker line is thin, but more often than not I find it adequate. It helps you hit for an extra 20, which is a big deal when you're looking to knock out, say, a Metal Frying Pan-equipped Zacian V. It also allows LucMetal to one-shot an opposing Jirachi in the early game! The Oranguru helps you conserve important cards during Dedechanges or Professor's Research hand dumps, and there are 2 Mallow/Lanas in the mix to keep your T H I C C B O I Z fresh. Eldegoss is a gem here, allowing you to scoop a Mallow/Lana or Boss's Orders out of the discard in a pinch.

This deck is a lot of fun to play and has been surprisingly effective. Some of the other popular lists include Rebel Clash's Duraludon, higher counts of Mallow/Lana and some other tech, but I made some tweaks, cutting the former and running only 2 of the latter.

What do you guys think? What can be done to improve this deck and push it closer to Tier 1 territory?

And most importantly...

Are you down with the THICCNESS???

Hello Cramp_Discharger,

While it may not be in Standard much longer, Buff Padding works on Copperajah VMAX, boosting its health to 390. Depending on what deck you are facing, it can be better than Metal Goggles (decks that deal high damage fast), and Mallow & Lana can boost its health back to 390 if need be.

The Purrserker line, I feel, should be raised to 2-2. That extra 20 damage can stack multiple times, so with both on the bench, Copperajah's "G-Max Hammer" can reach the obscene damage count of 280 a turn! With LucMetal's GX move boosting Copperajah even further, it would be an absolute monster in the right hands. That extra damage can also be the difference between letting ADP or ReshiZard live with a sliver of health or get knocked out.

ADP could be of some help if you would be willing to add a water energy or two. Between LucMetal and ADP, it really just comes down to what you want your strategy to be that game. ADP would help immensely offensively, while LucMetal works wonders defensively. It really comes down to preference.

In conclusion, this is a really solid deck, and I feel that it was made quite well. It fights the current meta quite well, so kudos to you for creating one of the the beefiest of beefy decks. (and, yes, I am "down with the THICCNESS")

Back