TCG Fakes double o squirtle's Text-Based Fakes - Lurking Shadows

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
Hi, I thought I might try my hand at this. I've only done 3 and I'm already liking coming up with these.

Squirtle HP: 50 [W] Basic

[W] Bubble 10
The Defending Pokemon can’t retreat during your opponent’s next turn.

Weakness: [G] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C]
Wartortle HP: 80 [W] Stage 1

[W][C] Bubble Beam 20+
Flip a coin. If heads this attack does 20 more damage. If tails, the Defending Pokemon can’t retreat during your opponent’s next turn.

Weakness: [G] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C][C]
Deoxys HP:110 [P] Basic

Ability: Deoxyribonucleic Acid
Once during your turn. You may search your deck for a Pokemon and attach it to Deoxys. Deoxys is now the same type as the Pokemon you attached. Discard the Pokemon attached to Deoxys at the end of your opponent’s next turn.

[P][C] Crash Land 60
Flip a coin. If tails, this Pokemon takes 60 damage.

Weakness: [P] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C]

Last edited:
I've been wanting to do Karrablast and Shelmet for some time now.

Karrablast HP: 60 [G] Basic

Ability: Defensive Stand
If this Pokemon is on your Bench and Shelmet is your Active Pokemon, you may switch this Pokemon with Shelmet. Then search your deck for a card that evolves from Karrablast and put it onto this Pokemon.

[C] Temper Tantrum 10+
This attack does 10 more damage for each damage counter on this Pokemon.

Weakness [R] / Resistance: [F] -20 / Retreat: [C]
Shelmet HP: 60 [G] Basic

Ability: Offensive Adjustment
If this Pokemon is on your Bench and Karrablast is your Active Pokemon, you may switch this Pokemon with Karrablast. Then search your deck for a card that evolves from Shelmet and put it onto this Pokemon.

[C] Hard Helmet
During your opponent's next turn. If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon and is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if this Pokemon is Knocked Out), put 1 damage counter on the defending Pokemon.

Weakness [R] / Resistance: [F] -20 / Retreat: [C][C][C]
Blastoise HP: 140 [W] Stage 2 (Evolves from Wartortle)

Ability: Take Aim
Once during your turn. If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, you may switch 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon with his or her Active Pokemon.

[W][W][W] Aqua Artillery 70+
This attack does 20 more damage for each [W] Pokemon you have in play.

Weakness: [G] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C][C][C]

Last edited:
Here's some more.

Purrloin HP: 50 [D] Basic

[D] Purloin
Move a Pokemon Tool card attached to your opponent's Active Pokemon to this Pokemon. Discard this card at the end of your next turn. You can’t use this attack if there is already a Pokemon Tool card attached to this Pokemon. This attack doesn't effect [D] Pokemon.

Weakness [F] / Resistance: [P] -20 / Retreat: [C]
Liepard HP: 100 [D] Stage 1 (Evolves from Purrloin)

[D] Lie
During your opponent’s next turn, each of the Defending Pokemon’s attacks cost 1 more Energy. This attack doesn't effect [D] Pokemon.

[D][D] Devious Stare 50
Discard an Energy attached to your opponent’s Pokemon.

Weakness [F] / Resistance: [P] -20 / Retreat: [C]
Accelgor HP: 90 [G] Stage 1 (Evolves from Shelmet)

Ability: Hydrating Membrane
If this Pokemon is damaged by an attack from a [W] Pokemon, heal 10 damage from this Pokemon.

[G] Ninja Moves 30
This attack does 20 damage to 2 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon.

Weakness [R] / Resistance: [F] -20 / Retreat: None
Escavalier HP: 110 [M] Stage 1 (Evolves from Karrablast)

Ability: Dual Wielding
This Pokemon can have 2 Pokemon Tool cards attached to it and does 10 more damage for each Pokemon Tool card attached.

[M][M] Piercing Joust 40
This attack’s damage isn't affected by resistance or any other effects on your opponent’s Pokemon.

Weakness [R] / Resistance: [F] -20 / Retreat: [C][C]

Last edited:
This a bit more me being nitpicking about layout, but you may want to make sure there isn't extra spaces between the attack name and the attack effect as it's harder to read and more to scroll through. Anyways, I'm a bit unsure how you're wanting Purrloin to work - does it move an opponent's card to your Pokemon, but is then discarded at the end of your next turn?

Wording wise, things like Resistance and Energy are always capitalised, while a Tool card technically should be a Pokémon Tool card. For the Purrloin, when you use the name "Purrloin" it should actually be "this Pokémon".

Flavourwise, I'm liking how things are starting off for you. Mechanically, it's a start - you've begun exploring design space, which is good!

Anyways, I've got a request. @Athena has been complaining about mentioning everywhere that there really needs to be a new Gastrodon and Shellos. I'm requesting for you to make a Gastrodon (and Shellos) that would fit right in with the XY10 set that has just leaked. Your challenge is to make the card interesting or fresh, and to relate with either the theme the XY10 set has of 'conflict between nature and technology' or relate with one of the mechanical areas the set focuses on (i.e. BREAKs, Restored Pokemon, Psychic types, Fighting types, Basic Pokemon).

Anyways, I'm a bit unsure how you're wanting Purrloin to work - does it move an opponent's card to your Pokemon, but is then discarded at the end of your next turn?
Yep, that's how it works.
Wording wise, things like Resistance and Energy are always capitalised, while a Tool card technically should be a Pokémon Tool card. For the Purrloin, when you use the name "Purrloin" it should actually be "this Pokémon".
Fixed!
Anyways, I've got a request. @Athena has been complaining about mentioning everywhere that there really needs to be a new Gastrodon and Shellos. I'm requesting for you to make a Gastrodon (and Shellos) that would fit right in with the XY10 set that has just leaked. Your challenge is to make the card interesting or fresh, and to relate with either the theme the XY10 set has of 'conflict between nature and technology' or relate with one of the mechanical areas the set focuses on (i.e. BREAKs, Restored Pokemon, Psychic types, Fighting types, Basic Pokemon).
Ha ha, yeah I can probably do that.

Have a zebra!
Zebstrika EX HP: 170 [L] Basic

[L][L] Zig Zag Jolt 90
You may switch this Pokemon with one of your Benched Pokemon and move an Energy or Pokemon Tool card attached to this Pokemon to that Pokemon.

Pokemon EX Rule
When a Pokemon EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize Cards.

Weakness [F] / Resistance: [M] -20 / Retreat: [C]
Now I'm only really sure about the wording for Gastrodon's attack. Had a little bit of help there... thanks @bbninjas.
Either way here they are.
@Athena
Shellos HP:60 [W] Basic

[W] Unknown Fluids
Flip 3 coins. If none of them are heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned. If 1 of them is heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Burned. If 2 of them are heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed. If 3 of them are heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Asleep.

Weakness: [G] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C][C]
Gastrodon HP:100 [W] Stage 1 (Evolves from Shellos)

Ability: Regrow
Once during your turn, if an Energy was discarded from this Pokemon by an attack from your opponent’s Pokemon during your opponent’s last turn, you may attach an Energy from your hand or discard pile to this Pokemon.

[W][W][W] Prehistoric Cells
Choose 1 of your Restored Pokemon's or Pokemon that evolves from a Restored Pokemon's attacks in your discard pile and use it as this attack.

Weakness: [G] / Resistance: [L] -20 / Retreat: [C][C][C]

I wanted to make a set and I'm leaving for a couple days starting tomorrow so I've spent the past four hours making a set list. Glad to see it's finally done. I like the designs of a lot of ghost and dark types (especially Murkrow) so the set is based mainly off of those two types of Pokemon.

That said, here's my set, Lurking Shadows
Cacnea HP: 50 [G] Basic

Ability: Beginning Barbs
When you play this Pokemon from your hand to your bench, this Pokemon’s attacks do 10 more damage until the end of your turn.

[G] Wild Arms 20
This Pokemon does 10 damage to itself.

Weakness: [R] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C] / C / 4
Cacturne HP: 90 [G] Stage 1 (Evolves from Cacnea)

[C] Stalk
If your opponent plays a Supporter card during his or her next turn, place 2 damage counters on 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon.

[G][G] Night Hunt 50
This attack does 10 more damage for each [D] Pokemon on your bench.

Weakness: [R] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C] / U / 5
Vulpix HP: 60 [R] Basic

[R] Ignite Fur
During your opponent’s next turn, if this Pokemon is damaged by an attack from your opponent’s Pokemon, that Pokemon is now Burned.

Weakness: [W] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C] / C / 6
Ninetales HP: 90 [R] Stage 1 (Evolves from Vulpix)

B Curse
Place 1 damage counter on any Pokemon that attacks this Pokemon.

[R][R][R] Illusion Dance
Until the end of your next turn, this Pokemon has the attacks and Abilities of the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: [W] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C][C] / R / 7
Ninetales BREAK HP: 130 [R] BREAK (Evolves from Ninetales)

Break Evolution Rule
Ninetales BREAK retains the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance and Retreat Cost of its previous Evolution.

[R][R] Wise Tails
Reveal the top 9 cards of your deck and put 1 of them into your hand. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck.

RB / 8
Litwick HP: 40 [R] Basic

[R] Weak Flame 20
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Burned.

Weakness: [W] / Resistance: [C]-20 / Retreat: [C] / C / 11
Lampent HP: 70 [R] Stage 1 (Evolves from Litwick)

[R] Life Drain 30
Heal from this Pokemon the same amount of damage you did to your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

Weakness: [W] / Resistance: [C]-20 / Retreat: [C] / U / 12
Chandelure HP: 130 [R] Stage 2 (Evolves from Lampent)

B Curse
Place 1 damage counter on any Pokemon that does damage to this Pokemon.

[R][R] Fiery Candelabra 50+
This attack does 20 more damage for each Litwick, Lampent and Chandelure you have in play.

Weakness: [W] / Resistance: [C]-20 / Retreat: [C][C] / R / 13
Ekans HP: 70 [P] Basic

[C] Rattle
Flip a coin. If heads, your oponen’ts active Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

[P] Flexible Bite 20+
This attack does 10 more damage for each [C] in the Defending Pokemon’s Retreat Cost

Weakness: [P] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C] / C / 29
Arbok HP: 90 [P] Stage 1 (Evolves from Ekans)

Ability: Ever Changing Pattern
If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, you may flip a coin. If heads, this Pokemon’s attacks do 20 more damage until the end of your turn. If tails, this Pokemon takes 20 less damage during you opponent’s next turn.

[P][P] Lunge and Constrict
Switch 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon with his or her active Pokemon. This attack does 20 damage to the new Active Pokemon. The new Active Pokemon can’t retreat until the end of your opponent’s next turn.

Weakness: [P] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C][C] / U / 30
Gengar EX HP: 180 [P] Basic

Ability: Ghostly Rebirth
If during your opponents last turn, this Pokemon was Knocked Out by an attack from your opponent's Pokemon, you may move this Pokemon from your discard pile to your Bench. If you do, place 4 damage counters on this Pokemon.

[P][P][C] Shadow Pursuit 70
If the Defending Pokemon retreats during your opponent's next turn, place 5 damage counters on that Pokemon.

Pokemon EX Rule

Weakness: [D] / Resistance: [C]-20 / Retreat: [C][C] / UR / 31
Espeon HP: 90 [P] Stage 1 (Evolves from Eevee)

Ability: Dim Light
You may only use 1 Dim Light during your turn. If this is your Active Pokemon, you may have your opponent reveal an Energy card in his or her hand and discard it.

[P][P] ESP Wave 60+
If your opponent discarded an Energy card in his or her hand due to the effects of Dim Light during your turn, this attack does 20 more damage.

Weakness: [P] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C][C] / R / 33
Sableye EX HP: 170 [P] Basic

[P][C] Gem Swap
Turn 1 of your face-down Prize cards face up. If that card is an Energy, you may switch that card with a card in your hand. (The new Prize card stays face up for the rest of the game.)

[P][P][P] Devour Shinies 70+
Discard any number of Pokemon Tool Cards attached to this Pokemon and your opponent’s Active Pokemon. This attack does 10 more damage for each Pokemon Tool card you discard.

Pokemon EX Rule

Weakness: [Y] / Resistance: [C]-20 / Retreat: [C] / UR / 34
Shuppet HP: 60 [P] Basic

[P] Anger Consumption
During your opponent's next turn, if this Pokemon would take 90 or more damage from an attack, ignore that damage and heal 10 damage from this Pokemon.

Weakness: [D] / Resistance: [C]-20 / Retreat: [C] / C / 36
Banette HP: 90 [P] Stage 1 (Evolves from Shuppet)

Ability: Unzip
You may only use 1 Unzip during your turn. You may have your opponent put an Energy card in his or her discard pile into his or her hand. Then put an Energy card in your discard pile into your hand.

[P] Stitch Over
Both players can’t shuffle any cards back into their decks until the end of your next turn.

Weakness: [D] / Resistance: [C]-20 / Retreat: [C] / U / 37
Yamask HP:50 [P] Basic

[P] Mask Possession
You may attach a Pokemon in your hand or discard pile to this Pokemon. This Pokemon can use the attacks of the Pokemon you attached. Discard the Pokemon attached to this Pokemon at the end of you next turn or if this Pokemon evolves.

Weakness: [D] / Resistance: [C]-20 / Retreat: [C] / C / 42
Cofagrigus HP: 110 [P] Stage 1 (Evolves from Yamask)

[P][P] Mummify 40
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon can’t attack during your opponent's next turn.

[P][P][P] Sneaky Arms
Your opponent reveals his or her hand. You may take a trainer card you find there and put it into your hand. That card returns to your opponent’s hand at the end of your next turn or if your hand is shuffled into your deck.

Weakness: [D] / Resistance: [C]-20 / Retreat: [C][C][C] / R / 43
Umbreon HP: 90 [D] Stage 1 (Evolves from Eevee)

Ability: Bright Moon
Once during your turn, if this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, you may have your opponent reveal his or her hand.

[D][D] Umbra Shot 80-
If you used Bright Moon during your turn, this attack does 20 less damage.

Weakness: [F] / Resistance: [P]-20 / Retreat: [C][C] / R / 56
Sneasel HP: 60 [D] Basic

[D] Special Scratch 10
Search your deck for a Sneasel and put it onto your bench.

Weakness: [F] / Resistance: [P]-20 / Retreat: [C] / C / 59
Weavile HP: 80 [D] Stage 1 (Evolves from Sneasel)

[C] Acrobat Swipe 40
Ignore all effects on the Defending Pokemon.

[D][D] Devious Cut 50
At the beginning of your next turn, you may place 2 damage counters on the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: [F] / Resistance: [P]-20 / Retreat: [C] / R / 60
Weavile BREAK HP: 110 [D] BREAK (Evolves from Weavile)

Ability: Sharper Claw
When this Pokemon attacks, you may do 50 more damage. If you do, Knock Out this Pokemon.

RB / 61
Giratina (Altered Form) HP: 130 [N] Basic

Ability: Reversion
Once during your turn, you may switch this Pokemon with a Giratina (Origin Form) in your hand. All damage, Special Conditions, Pokemon Tool cards and effects remain on the new Pokemon.

[P][P][G][C] Lonesome Howl 120-
This attack does 10 less damage for each Pokemon on your bench.

Weakness: [Y] / Resistance: [C]-20 / Retreat: [C][C][C] / R / 72
Giratina (Origin Form) HP: 110 [N] Basic

Ability: Alteration
Once during your turn, you may switch this Pokemon with a Giratina (Altered Form) in your hand. All Energy, damage, Special Conditions, Pokemon Tool cards and effects remain on the new Pokemon.

[P][P][G][C] Distortion Warp
Switch a Basic Pokemon in either player's discard pile with a Basic Pokemon on that player's bench. All Energy, damage counters, Special Conditions, Pokemon Tool cards and effects remain on the new Pokemon.

Weakness: [Y] / Resistance: [C]-20 / Retreat: [C] / R / 73
Eevee HP: 50 [C] Basic

Ability: Dark Light
If you have an Umbreon on your bench, you may search your deck for an Espeon and put it onto this Pokemon. If you have an Espeon on your bench, you may search your deck for an Umbreon and put it onto this Pokemon.

[C][C] Rainbow Tackle 20+
If you have more than 2 different types of Pokemon on your bench, this attack does 20 more damage.

Weakness: [F] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C] / C / 81
Porygon HP: 50 [C] Basic

Ability: Add Software
This Pokemon can evolve during your first turn or the turn you play it.

[C] Manufacture
Search your deck for a Porygon and put it onto your bench.

Weakness: [F] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C] / C / 84
Porygon2 HP: 80 [C] Stage 1 (Evolves from Porygon)

[C] Input Data
Put a card from your hand into your deck. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Weakness: [F] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C] / C / 85
Porygon-Z HP: 110 [C] Stage 2 (Evolves from Porygon2)

Ability: Modernize
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is your Active Pokemon and you have no Modernize markers in play, you may put 1 Modernize marker on a 1 of your Benched Pokémon with any Pokémon Tools attached to it. Any Pokémon that has any Modernize markers on it can have 1 more Pokémon Tool card attached to it. (If a Pokémon loses its Modernize Marker, discard all Pokémon Tool cards attached to that Pokémon until only 1 Pokémon Tool card remains.)

[C][C] Error 3729
Flip a coin. If heads, during your opponent's next turn, if he or she would draw 5 or more cards, they draw 1 less card. If tails, during your next turn, if you would draw 5 or more cards, draw 1 less card.

[C][C][C] Techno Bypass 80
This attack isn’t affected by any Pokemon Tool cards attached to the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: [F] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C] / R / 86
Item: Flash Light

All [D] Pokemon in play are now [C] type until the beginning of your next turn.

U / 91
It'll have seven EXs (two megas), two breaks and 96 cards.

Here's the first two.
Yamask HP:50 [P] Basic

[P] Mask Possession
You may attach a Pokemon in your hand or discard pile to this Pokemon. This Pokemon can use the attacks of the Pokemon you attached. Discard the Pokemon attached to this Pokemon at the end of you next turn or if this Pokemon evolves.

Weakness: [D] / Resistance: [C]-20 / Retreat: [C] / C / 42
Cofagrigus HP: 110 [P] Stage 1 (Evolves from Yamask)

[P][P] Mummify 40
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon can’t attack during your opponent's next turn.

[P][P][P] Sneaky Arms
Your opponent reveals his or her hand. You may take a trainer card you find there and put it into your hand. That card returns to your opponent’s hand at the end of your next turn or if your hand is shuffled into your deck.

Weakness: [D] / Resistance: [C]-20 / Retreat: [C][C][C] / R / 43

Last edited:
Nice Shellos and Gastrodon! Regrow is a quite nice addition as it provides support for Stage's weakest assets of higher Energy costs. Prehistoric Cells is some nice flavour that makes use of Restored Pokemon well, however a slight concern would be that it may just support discarding them over actually use them. :p
Overall, quite nice!

Really liking your cards so far. They're well-written and have creativity, which is what I think is most important. I'm looking forward to your new set!

Let me just say that it is not a good idea to search images when you're looking for how much HP a Banette has.
Shuppet HP: 60 [P] Basic

[P] Anger Consumption
During your opponent's next turn, if this Pokemon would take 90 or more damage from an attack, ignore that damage and heal 10 damage from this Pokemon.

Weakness: [D] / Resistance: [C]-20 / Retreat: [C] / C / 36
Banette HP: 90 [P] Stage 1 (Evolves from Shuppet)

Ability: Unzip
You may only use 1 Unzip during your turn. You may have your opponent put an Energy card in his or her discard pile into his or her hand. Then put an Energy card in your discard pile into your hand.

[P] Stitch Over
Both players can’t shuffle any cards back into their decks until the end of your next turn.

Weakness: [D] / Resistance: [C]-20 / Retreat: [C] / U / 37
Sableye EX HP: 170 [P] Basic

[P][C] Gem Swap
Turn 1 of your face-down Prize cards face up. If that card is an Energy, you may switch that card with a card in your hand. (The new Prize card stays face up for the rest of the game.)

[P][P][P] Devour Shinies 70+
Discard any number of Pokemon Tool Cards attached to this Pokemon and your opponent’s Active Pokemon. This attack does 10 more damage for each Pokemon Tool card you discard.

Pokemon EX Rule

Weakness: [Y] / Resistance: [C]-20 / Retreat: [C] / UR / 34
Ekans HP: 70 [P] Basic

[C] Rattle
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's active Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

[P] Flexible Bite 20+
This attack does 10 more damage for each [C] in the Defending Pokemon’s Retreat Cost

Weakness: [P] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C] / C / 29
Arbok HP: 90 [P] Stage 1 (Evolves from Ekans)

Ability: Ever Changing Pattern
If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, you may flip a coin. If heads, this Pokemon’s attacks do 20 more damage until the end of your turn. If tails, this Pokemon takes 20 less damage during you opponent’s next turn.

[P][P] Lunge and Constrict
Switch 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon with his or her active Pokemon. This attack does 20 damage to the new Active Pokemon. The new Active Pokemon can't retreat until the end of your opponent’s next turn.

Weakness: [P] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C][C] / U / 30

Last edited:
Very nice flavour and design! You can see how you've emphasized the unique parts of Pokemon, such as the Arbok, the Sableye and the Banette, which is really neat. I particular like Stitch Over, especially as its a way to utilise the effect concept I've been playing around with.

Power wise, Unzip looks a bit high up there. You're milling your opponent away a card, while getting any card back for free (i.e. powerful cards like Ace Specs, Hammers, etc), which is a pretty big deal. When you consider you can have four Banette out in play, that's discarding four cards and getting four back each turn. I'll let you think of a balancer. ;)

Power wise, Unzip looks a bit high up there. You're milling your opponent away a card, while getting any card back for free (i.e. powerful cards like Ace Specs, Hammers, etc), which is a pretty big deal. When you consider you can have four Banette out in play, that's discarding four cards and getting four back each turn. I'll let you think of a balancer. ;)
Ah, I see what you mean there, I'll fix it. How about this?

You may only use 1 Unzip during your turn.

Ah, I see what you mean there, I'll fix it. How about this?

You may only use 1 Unzip during your turn.
Even still, being able to get any card you want out of your discard pile for free is a lot. Take Milotic Primal Clash for an example, which is technically quite limited as technically it will only be used once or twice a game.

Even still, being able to get any card you want out of your discard pile for free is a lot. Take Milotic Primal Clash for an example, which is technically quite limited as technically it will only be used once or twice a game.
I've limited it to energy cards to try and make it less OP. It even has a little bit to do with the inside of Banette which I think isn't bad.

You'll need to make it basic Energy, as getting out a Special Energy is really powerful. Otherwise, the drawback is still really big for your opponent; I'd suggest allowing them to get an Energy back too or something.

You'll need to make it basic Energy, as getting out a Special Energy is really powerful. Otherwise, the drawback is still really big for your opponent; I'd suggest allowing them to get an Energy back too or something.
Your opponent is already allowed to get an energy.

Can someone walk me through how banette can be used? I'm not sure I get it; you block your opponent from shuffling cards, but without doing any damage, it's just a matter of time before he knocks banette out, right? in the end, did you do much more than annoy him? I mean, I could definitely see that as an ability, I bet it would ruin many days when they try to professor oak (or whatever is its replacement) their way to acceleration.

And I like shuppet's attack and arbok's ability; I do feel that shuppet's attack should work with a lot less damage, otherwise, the attack won't work often, and shuppet will die easily without being able to retaliate or stall.

Can someone walk me through how banette can be used? I'm not sure I get it; you block your opponent from shuffling cards, but without doing any damage, it's just a matter of time before he knocks banette out, right? in the end, did you do much more than annoy him? I mean, I could definitely see that as an ability, I bet it would ruin many days when they try to professor oak (or whatever is its replacement) their way to acceleration.

And I like shuppet's attack and arbok's ability; I do feel that shuppet's attack should work with a lot less damage, otherwise, the attack won't work often, and shuppet will die easily without being able to retaliate or stall.
Well Banette is basically a Milotic PRC but with energies and that you can use it every turn. It's mainly supposed to be used as a tech card and not an attacker. It's already pretty good IMO. The attack really is only ment to annoy you're opponent as I think that if it did do damage, it would have to be really low. I think even 50 would be pushing it.

As for Shuppet, I think the attack would be used often. I recently played in a tournament where I faced many Yveltal, Night Marchers and M Manectric variants. All these decks usually do 100 and up. So I think this attack would be used if not too much.

Props to anyone who can guess why I said 3729 for Porygon-Z.
Vulpix HP: 60 [R] Basic

[R] Ignite Fur
During your opponent’s next turn, if this Pokemon is damaged by an attack from your opponent’s Pokemon, that Pokemon is now Burned.

Weakness: [W] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C] / C / 6
Ninetales HP: 90 [R] Stage 1 (Evolves from Vulpix)

B Curse
Place 1 damage counter on any Pokemon that attacks this Pokemon.

[R][R][R] Illusion Dance
Until the end of your next turn, this Pokemon has the attacks and Abilities of the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: [W] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C][C] / R / 7
Ninetales BREAK HP: 130 [R] BREAK (Evolves from Ninetales)

Break Evolution Rule
Ninetales BREAK retains the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance and Retreat Cost of its previous Evolution.

[R][R] Wise Tails
Reveal the top 9 cards of your deck and put 1 of them into your hand. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck.

RB / 8
Porygon HP: 50 [C] Basic

[C] Manufacture
Search your deck for a Porygon and put it onto your bench.

Weakness: [F] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C] / C / 84
Porygon2 HP: 80 [C] Stage 1 (Evolves from Porygon)

[C] Input Data
Put a card from your hand into your deck. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Weakness: [F] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C] / C / 85
Porygon-Z HP: 110 [C] Stage 2 (Evolves from Porygon2)

Ability: Modernize
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is your Active Pokemon and you have no Modernize markers in play, you may put 1 Modernize marker on a 1 of your Benched Pokémon with any Pokémon Tools attached to it. Any Pokémon that has any Modernize markers on it can have 1 more Pokémon Tool card attached to it. (If a Pokémon loses its Modernize Marker, discard all Pokémon Tool cards attached to that Pokémon until only 1 Pokémon Tool card remains.)

[C][C] Error 3729
Flip a coin. If heads, during your opponent's next turn, if he or she would draw 5 or more cards, they draw 1 less card. If tails, during your next turn, if you would draw 5 or more cards, draw 1 less card.

[C][C][C] Techno Bypass 80
This attack isn’t affected by any Pokemon Tool cards attached to the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: [F] / Resistance: None / Retreat: [C] / R / 86

Last edited:
Very nice ideas here! I particularly like the attacks of Porygon-Z - they are quite neat and explore some nice design space.

Anyways, as soon as I saw Porygon-Z's Ability, sirens started to go through my head. I've written a bit of a guide on the dos and don'ts about Ancient Traits here, but in short, Ancient Traits were designed to have no direct interaction with other effects, and shouldn't ever be turned off (otherwise it's just a second Ability, which is a bit of an unnecessary mechanic). Just thought I'd let you know. ;)

Also, for Ninetales BREAK, the correct wording would be [Ref: Misty's Determination]:

Back