• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

DoomTar - Cities Masters (upcoming)

Azurial

Aspiring Trainer
Hello All! I'm new to the forums here and getting ready for a cities (next weekend). I've only been playing for maybe 6-9 months and working to perfect a deck i've been using for a little while now. Seeing as I am restricted to using cards my friends, and girlfriend have, I must use what I have. Money goes into rent, bills and other general living expenses, so obtaining cards that are good trade-bait are out of the question (for the most part). Any fixes you may have please try to keep them to stuff that is in my budget, and please be nice. I got out of MTG and Yu-Gi-Oh! because of the negativity.

On another note, all I have are HS series cards unless otherwise noted.

Pokemon: 20

1 Unown Q
1 Absol (prime)
2-1 Sharpedo
2-2 Houndoom
4-2-3 Tyranitar
2 Spiritomb

Trainers/Supporters: 22
2 Switch
2 Expertbelt
2 Pokemon Communication
2 Energy Exchanger
2 Energy Search
2 Rare Candy
2 Pokedex Handy910Dis
4 Team Rocket's Trickery
2 Engineer's Adjustment
2 Bebe's Search

Energy: 18
2 Double Colorless
4 Darkness (special)
12 Darkness

The way the deck is supposed to work is power up either Tyranitar or Houndoom with as many special dark energies as possible, and expert belt later on for pure brute force. Deck tests have shown that its capable of a fully powered Tyranitar doing upto 140 damage in in one hit after just a few turns. I do plan on taking the Sharpedo and Carvannahs out, for 1 more Spiritomb and 2 more Unown Q.

I like the deck but its cards you don`t need

-6 basic dark
-1 Sharpedo
-2 carravanha
-2 energy search
-4 team rockets trickery
-2 Engineers
-2 Switch
+2 Uxie
+1 Azelf
+2 Bebes search
+ 2 Communication
+2 Interviewrs
+1 Rare candy
+ 3 BTS
+ 4 ssu
+2 Warp point

just outta curiosity, what set is Azelf in and is that the one with Time Walk? also what is ssu - not too familiar with abbreviations yet.

Azelf with Time Walk is in Legends Awakend, but it's going to be a league promo. Also, SSU is Super Scoop Up.

ahh - i've also been toying with a Garchomp C in a current rebuild and seems to work alrght - any one think i should keep it at 1 copy, play a second or drop it? dont have access to a LV X for chomp tho...

should also note that our league is at the mercy of Gnome Games, which is based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, so we usually get our stuff about a month after the season starts - we just last week got our Expert Belt/Crobat promos

Look, if you want to run T-Tar, there is only one way to do it:

Sableye SF x4
4-3-4 T-Tar Prime (Larvi SF, Pup SF)
Crobat G PL x2
Uxie LA x2 (or three, preference)
Unown Q MD x1

I'm not going to give away my TSS, but if you do it right, you'll make top cut. I made top cut, top 4, and lost to Gyarados. It was so flooky, so no worries. The guy I lost to, I creamed him in the prior battles, and I was undefeated until round 5 (cities).
T-Tar is really competitive, you just have to play a subtle mixure of defence and offense. When you are on the attack, there is no equal - T-Tar is extreme and can OHKO pretty much every time.

heres an updated List

Pokemon:18:
Uxie
2-2 Umbreon (anti-Donphan)/ 2 RR Eevee
1 Garchomp C Lv. X
Unown Q
Sable Eye SF
3 Spirittomb AR
2-2-2 Tyranitar (Prime)
2 Garchomp C

Trainers:30:
2 Bebe's Search