Don't sleep (Altaria + Hypno GS)

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
I'm thinking of using a deck that combos Altaria and Hypno HGSS to KO pokemon. with pokemon catcher coming out, the only way to avoid it is to evolve, level up, or scoop/seeker. since retreating/switching wont effect it.

luckily Altaria TM has the same first attack and free retreat, so using it if you're against an electric will let you last a little longer.

RE: Don't fall asleep

^maybe throw in darkrai MD use altarias first attack then next turn darkrai drop and then BAM ohko...

RE: Don't fall asleep

yeah, and since there is seeker now, it'll be fun. but perish song does state that it had to have been hit with midnight eyes first.. so it's really a 2HKO.

I don't see any actual combo here; Altaria needs Midnight Eyes to hit, it's not connected directly to the sleep status. What's Hypno actually accomplishing?

Perish song reads "if the defending pokemon is asleep.." if they happen to get heads and are no longer asleep, hypno will put them back to sleep without wasting an attack.

^might...it might put them back to sleep. hypno is kind of risky but if you flip tails just darkrai drop.

@ catutie, exactly. If I get tail I can drop. Basically hold onto the drop just in case of tails or power spray

I built this deck once. Just in Redshark for fun. It's obviously not gonna do much at a tourney, but it's pretty cool and you get to use shiny Swablu.

Vileplume UD would be essential for this deck. It would prevent them from using Poketurn, Warp Point, Switch, Super Scoop Up, all of that. The Pokemon line might look like this:

4-3/1 Altaria PT/TM
2-2-2 Vileplume UD
2-2 Hypno HGSS
2 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA

Maybe. :)

that list looks nice.

so there can be this:
Pokemon: 23
4-3/1 Altaria PT/TM
2-2-2 Vileplume UD
2-2 Hypno HGSS
1-1 vespiqueen UD (to prevent Vileplume snipes)
1 Azelf LA
2 Uxie LA

Energy: 15
4 DCE
2 Warp Energy
2 Cyclone Energy
3 Grass
4 Psychic

T/S/S: 22
2 collector
3 BTS
2 energy exchanger
4 seeker (so you can use trainers for a turn then lay down the vileplume again)
3 pokeradar (early game fast setup)
3 Palmer's contribution

then 5 other T/S/S

trainers also help in case you're facing Dialga G X. so then you can continue to bring the pain. 2 of the trainers can be rare candies, but I think that having pokeradar will be enough to get the full plume line out, then BTS to stage 2.

Bebe's. You need to add bebe's to that list. Rescue energy would be nice in here instead of cyclone. Unknown Q so you can retreat altaria back to your bench then seeker it up to heal. Uxie lvl X if you have one to add a draw power and can be a heavy hitter if you need him to be. 3 palmers may be one too many. Twins could possibly help you late game if you get in a bind. Grass energies aren't really needed because if you are having to use your Vileplume as the attacker, the match is pretty much over at that point. That's how i would run it Good Luck

Q: How is this deck's Steelix matchup?
A: Just awful!
Something you might want to think about. Blaze X?

Back