don's Fakes - 9/8/12 Update: Whimsicott!

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Hai, everybody! I decided to make use of my spare time (and my light tinnitus, so no headphones for me) to make some fake cards. I'm not very experienced, and I can't find the correct fonts for free, so things will be off, but I apologize for that in advance.

This is my first art thread, but not my first time posting a thread in here (I've made some hilariously bad spoiler threads in the past). I hope I can get used to everything...
...but that's beside the point. The point is that I'm here, and I'm makin' fakes!

NEWEST CARD(s)
shotacott.png

CARD ARCHIVE
Meloetta - Uploaded 5/18/12
Sigilyph - Uploaded 5/19/12
Infernity Archfiend - Uploaded 5/20/12
Infernity Mirage - Uploaded 5/20/12
Infernity Destroyer - Uploaded 5/21/12
Vanillout - Uploaded 8/5/12
Pidgeot - Uploaded 8/8/12
Pidgeotto - Uploaded 8/8/12
Pidgey - Uploaded 8/8/12
Whimsicott - Uploaded 9/8/12

Thanks to...
  • ashefield101 - Thank you very much for the blanks!
  • Flame Claw - Thank you very much for the font guide! I don't have the right fonts to work with it, but I think I'm doing pretty well with what I have!

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
RE: don's Fakes - Bet you weren't expecting this, were you?

Nice Meloetta card for a first attempt. If I was to point out any errors, it would be the font used for Meloetta's classification. Otherwise, everything else is spot on correct. Not bad for a first card, job well done.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member

The problem is that I actually did expect this. :p

As far as wording goes, instead of "the Sleep condition", it should say "the Special Condition Asleep". I forgot where I saw this but I know I saw it somewhere. That's the only error as far as wording.

I'll be interested to see what kind of fakes you come up with next. I know you say you only use top-notch artwork (much like CMP does), so I'm interested to know what you'll make next.

don()shinobi

Kangaflora: Hehe, thanks for your criticism. I don't have the font for that, so I just used what I thought looked a bit...unique, I think.

DNA: Hehehehe, you sound like art is everything. x3

DNA

Advanced Member

It's a big part of the faking process, though. Any idiot can think up good spoilers for a card (I should know; I've done more than I care to admit), but putting everything together is what makes it real.

Zyflair

Yes, sir. Of course, sir.
Advanced Member

Attack Name totally contradicts effect. Nice first try though x3.

don()shinobi

DNA: True dat.

Zy: Hey, what can you say, lots of names make no sense.

Anyway, new card! I think I'm getting a bit better...still don't have the right fonts though. Messing around with the information bubble right below the picture. How does it look compared to Meloetta's?

secondcard.png

Jirachi

Smile!
RE: don's Fakes - New! Sigilyph!

Looks great! Keep it up! Looks pretty realistic. Some of the font looks a bit off though I think, like the
"they never vary the route...". Besides that, it looks good. :)

DNA

Advanced Member

The "entire" in "discard your entire hand" is redundant, and when mentioning a number, you always use the number - never spell it out, i.e. "Add 1 of them to your hand".

As far as other stuff goes, the spacing between the - and the 30 looks a bit big (at least to me), but other than that...looks great!

don()shinobi

Jirachi: Yeah, I'm missing some fonts. Honestly, I don't have any of the fonts that the actual cards use; What you're mainly seeing is symbols and fonts that look very similar to the actual ones. I'd use the real fonts, but I don't have them, and I don't want my computer to catch a virus when I illegally download them. Wait, did I say that out loud? ;3

DNA: Wait, I made the resistance -30? Derp.
Thanks for the wording issues, too. I'm a bit too lazy to fix Meloetta's at the moment, but I fixed Sigilyph's.

Zyflair

Yes, sir. Of course, sir.
Advanced Member

Revelation makes me wish for Uxie LA to still be in format.

don()shinobi

Doesn't everybody wish Uxie was still in the format? ;3

Alrighty, time for a couple new cards!
...wait a minute.
...something isn't right...

archfiend.png
mirageg.png

About time I introduce you to a new archetype; Infernities! Infernities are an archetype in Yu-Gi-Oh that focus on depleting the hand of the user to use devastating effects that can literally turn a game around. I'll be doing a majority of the Infernity cards...though I don't know how I'm going to incorporate trap cards into this. *sweatdrop* But I'll figure it out!

DNA

Advanced Member
RE: don's Fakes - Infernities!?

I feel like Illusion could be worded a bit better, but I'm not entirely sure how. I'll edit this post when I think of something.

don()shinobi

Jirachi: There's more coming soon, stay tuned~

DNA: Yeah, I'm too used to Yu-Gi-Oh wordings...clearly, you can tell I haven't been involved in Pokemon for a looooong time. ehehehehe

The Yoshi

Wumbo

Maybe "If this Pokemon is on your Bench, you may choose to discard it. If you do, you may put 2 Pokemon with Infernity in their name (excluding Infernity Mirage) from your discard pile onto your Bench. You may only use this Ability if you have no cards in your hand."

I love the artwork on all of these cards. Nice work!

don()shinobi

Hm. That sounds pretty good, but I'll wait for DNA to figure something out/agree with it. Thanks!

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Once during your turn (before your attack), if you have no cards in your hand and this Pokemon is on your Bench, you may discard this Pokemon and all cards attached to it. If you do, search your discard pile for two Pokemon with Infernity in its name (excluding this one) and put them onto your Bench.

DNA

Advanced Member

PMJ said:
Once during your turn, if you have no cards in your hand and this Pokemon is on your Bench, you may discard this Pokemon and all cards attached to it. If you do, search your discard pile for two Pokemon with Infernity in its name (excluding this one) and put them onto your Bench.
Yeah, what he said, except change the parentheses to read (excluding any Infernity Mirage).

don()shinobi

I am gonna have a ball with these cards and their abilities...they take up nearly the entire card, hehe.
But thanks for the input. I updated the scans of both Archfiend and Mirage with the new card text.