• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

donkchamp help! (seniors BRs)

idrumprettywell

magnezone <3
this is my first deck ever, so i'm open to suggestions.

Pokemon (20)
4-2-3-1 Machamp (all SF)
3-3 Donphan Prime (hgss)
1 Chatot
3 Uxie

T/S/S (31)
4 Rare Candy
1 Luxury Ball
3 Expert Belt
3 Warp Point
3 Bebe's
3 Collector
3 Communication
2 Cyrus
3 SSU
3 PONT
3 BTS

Energy (9)
7 fighting
2 DCE

This is sort of a donk deck, but the strategy is just to get out fast and hit hard. I know this does need work, especially with some techs and t/s/s. Thanks!

Why are you running three Chatots?
-3 Chatots
-1 Bebe's Search
+4 Poke drawer +
Poke drawer is great to add to the speed of the deck if you are going for a donk.

i do think i'll take out the chatots, but what are the odds that i'll end up with two or even one poke drawer in my opening hand?

This deck is not set up for donks, that is why you would end up with it in your opening hand. If you did this though
-2 Bebe's Search
-1 Pokemon Collector
-3 Chatot (I no you want to keep them just sayin...)
-1 Warp Point
-2 Cyrus's
-1 PONT
-2 Fighting Energy
+4 Pokedrawer
+4 Unown R
+4 Crobat G
+ 1 SSU
+3 Pokedex Handy
That would make this SO much faster, the thing about Supporters, is after you play one on your first turn the rest you draw have no use to you and are just dead draws if you are going for a donk.

but what if i'm trainer locked. then the pokedexes, the pokedrawers, etc. become useless.
i have the supporters to help the deck flowing when i'm trainer locked.

You have to choose whether or not you want this to be a late game deck with donk potential or a hands down donk deck then. If you are running a donk deck and they're running a trainer lock you will just have to donk them or get set up before they can set up a trainer lock, it might be hard and given you would have a bad match up against trainer lock, but it can be done.

honestly, it seems better to be a late game deck with donk potential, because that's what my list is geared towards and it seems like a better option.
so, taking all of the chatots out, what should i add in? thanks for all the help

I'd leave a Chatot and and enforce your Donphan line
-2 Chatot
+1-1 Donphan
I think that will help late game consistency.

Back