Ruling Does professor Kukui's +20 apply to weakness/ resistance?

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
This question has probably been asked before but its been bugging the hell out of me.
i'll use an example here:

Say i'm using the Ancient Origins Flareon (13/98) to attack a steel type like Metagross GX from guardians rising with it's Heat Breath attack. My attack would do at least 60+60 due to weakness which equals 120 damage. and if i flip a heads on Heat Breath i'm doing 80+80 for 160 damage.

If I play a choice band and a Professor kukui i can add 50 more damage to my attack.
so that's 110+110 which is 220 damage or 130+130 if the coin flip is heads which would knock out the Metagross GX for 260 damage.

Iv'e watched PTCGO videos on Youtube enough times to know that choice bands damage is added before applying the weakness and resistance but I am not sure on if Professor Kukui acts in the same way as choice bands damage.

Thanks in advice.

Professor add the +20 damage before Weakness and Resistance so that Flareon with a Choice Band and Professor Kukui would be 60+30+20 which would be 110 damage before Weakness and Resistance or if you flip heads, would be doing 80+30+20 for 130 before Weakness and Resistance.

I'm not really sure of the question you're asking though.

Professor add the +20 damage before Weakness and Resistance so that Flareon with a Choice Band and Professor Kukui would be 60+30+20 which would be 110 damage before Weakness and Resistance or if you flip heads, would be doing 80+30+20 for 130 before Weakness and Resistance.

I'm not really sure of the question you're asking though.

That was the question I was trying to ask and you answered it, so thank you.

Unless stated otherwise, damage modifiers that add damage such as Professor Kukui are applied before Weakness and Resistance, while modifiers that subtract damage are applied after (Parallel City is an exception to this, as noted on the card).

Unless stated otherwise, damage modifiers that add damage such as Professor Kukui are applied before Weakness and Resistance, while modifiers that subtract damage are applied after (Parallel City is an exception to this, as noted on the card).

It really seems to be a new thing since damage was rarely before Weakness and Resistance to avoid OHKOs. I really wish they would make them after Weakness and Resistance.

Back