Discussion Does GRI Golisopod deserve an errata?

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Hello, guys. This screenshot where I get this from The Charizard Authority where he opens Guardians Rising packs in his video.
Screenshot_2017-04-25-09-38-50.png

Guardians Rising is getting hyped as the set release approaching. Some of them have early openings and some pre-release pulls. What I am talking today is about the GRI Golisopod. I saw something error on Golisopod.
It's Resolute Claws attacks says that: "If the opponent's Active Pokémon is a Pokémon-GX or Pokémon-EX, this attack does 70 more damage. (Before applying Weakness and Resistance.)

This bolded phrase causes me a lot of confusion as a TCG player, if I understand this attack effect, word by word, Applying Weakness triggers even the damage boosted. For example, if an 80 damage-attack boosted with something like Choice Band, and become 110, and hitting for weakness, becomes 220. (If I am correct.)

If you asked me, "Hey, where did you get this idea?", I got this kind of wording to something like Victini-EX's Intensifying Burn, which says, "If the Defending Pokémon is a Pokémon-EX, this attack does 60 more damage." Straight forward, no more extra words.

So do you think this minor error on the text on Golisopod's attack deserves an errata, or I am just daydreaming, and pointing out a minor issue like this?

(Sorry, guys. This is my observation. Peace!)

It's just reminder text, cards that can fit them do so, and cards that don't leave them out. Sometimes it's a little unclear when they should or should not print them, but both of your example cards would work the same way.

Back