Ruling Does FoGP Override Devolution Spray?

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
XY7_EN_74.png
XY12_EN_76.png

If I evolve a grass Pokémon and then use Devolution Spray on it, can I evolve that Pokémon again on the same turn if there's a Forest of Giant Plants in play? As far as I know, the text on Devolution Spray stating that you can't is just a rules reminder and not an actual effect of the card, but I'd like to be sure.

You can still evolve, Devo spray is just saying that you have to be like a regular basic and wait a turn normally.

Agreed - I confirm that I have used devo spray in this fashion and if you have FoGP in play you can immediately re-evolve the pokemon you just devolved.

This is what makes Tsareena so scary.

Just because I think it is related to this topic, Devolution Spray also can be used on a Pokemon with the Evolution Ancient Trait. You can devolve that pokemon and re-evolve it right away. It is the entire basis for decks that use Togekiss for energy acceleration.

Agreed - I confirm that I have used devo spray in this fashion and if you have FoGP in play you can immediately re-evolve the pokemon you just devolved.

This is what makes Tsareena so scary.
Yes, you get that maximum discard all their hand, and when they top deck.. gg Tsareena. And, take it from a Grass player, it is way to hard to smash out all Tsareenas or even 2 turn one and then you play the deco spray? It's just too clunky and not worth it.

Back