Do I Have Any Hope of Making My Mew-EX Deck Work in Standard?

RedT

Aspiring Trainer
Hello,
I have an expanded deck with a really high (88%~) win rate online, which revolves around these cards:

100.jpg
120.jpg
11.jpg
11.jpg

Basically it revolves around having Mew-EX (which is coming back to Standard) use Hopeless Scream, and get 3 damage counters on Mew-EX using Frozen City in conjunction with Rainbow Energy and then hit for 150 for 1 energy. Or, when the stars align, deal 1100 damage against a Pokémon with weakness when Mew has 11 counters :p )

To make this work in standard, I'd obviously need tech to replace Ninjask's role (getting Shedinja into play quick and reliably) as well as an alternate, controllable method of getting damage counters onto Mew-EX (also early)

Due to my limited knowledge of standard (always been more into expanded) I guess I'm asking for advice here.

PS: The deck also uses Celebi XY93 for stalling purpouses if needed (and in the expanded deck, I use Rock Guard with it to try and get it shuffled back into my deck after Celebi is knocked out - so I'm probably looking to use Bursting Balloon here)

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
There are ways to get Shedinja into play quickly and also to reliably damage Mew-EX quickly. The problem is, they're both Stadiums; Forest of Giant Plants (Ancient Origins) can get you a t1 Shedinja, and Team Magma's Secret Base (Double Crisis) can put 20 on Mew-EX provided you drop it before you drop Mew-EX. It also has the bonus of softening up your opponent's Pokemon as well, same as Frozen City.

Rainbow is Standard legal, so no substitute required.

There is no replacement for Cast-off Shell. Your only option is to manually evolve Nincada.

I don't think the ninjask is neccsary, but I do like the idea! Considered playing Fighting Fury Belt? The HP boost is amazing. Like it!

Moved from the TCG Competitive Play has the OP is looking more for specific deck help over discussing strategies. ~bbninjas

Back