Help Do certain cards only come in Holo’s?

mikeyarrived

Aspiring Trainer
During my return to collecting cards, I’ve started buying numerous boosters from Vivid Voltage. Having gathered a ton of cards, I’ve noticed some cards only come in a holo version. I notice they also come in RH, but do they come in a normal version, too?

Reason being, I recently bought this 1,000+ card binder to sort out my cards, with all varieties. I’d wanna collect them in order, but I wouldn’t want to re-sort halfway when I obtain a normal version of a card I never knew existed. May someone help me out with this?

TL;DR - Do certain cards from Vivid Voltage only have a Holo version (including RH), or do they also come in normal? Ex: Shaymin 015/185

Hello, mikey,

Yes, certain cards (rares specifically) are only available in either holofoil or reverse holofoil, though there are some exceptions to this. The Shaymin you provided as an example is only available in foil versions. However, certain rares were available in premade decks as non-foil versions of themselves (in starter/structure build-and-battle kits, etc.). An example of this is the Zoroark from Evolving Skies (103/203), which was available as a holo rare in the main set, but had a non-foil printing in the Build-and-Battle kits for Evolving Skies.

I hope this answers your question.

Hello, mikey,

Yes, certain cards (rares specifically) are only available in either holofoil or reverse holofoil, though there are some exceptions to this. The Shaymin you provided as an example is only available in foil versions. However, certain rares were available in premade decks as non-foil versions of themselves (in starter/structure build-and-battle kits, etc.). An example of this is the Zoroark from Evolving Skies (103/203), which was available as a holo rare in the main set, but had a non-foil printing in the Build-and-Battle kits for Evolving Skies.

I hope this answers your question.
Sweet! To build onto this, some rares I’ve collected do not have a holo version, only an RH version. Is this also normal? I know you said certain, but I like to make sure.

Sweet! To build onto this, some rares I’ve collected do not have a holo version, only an RH version. Is this also normal? I know you said certain, but I like to make sure.
Yes, this is normal. Some rares do not have a regular holofoil version. As a general rule, every yellow-bordered (non-Ultra Rare) card in a set can have a reverse holofoil version, but not every rare will have a normal holofoil version.

Yes, this is normal. Some rares do not have a regular holofoil version. As a general rule, every yellow-bordered (non-Ultra Rare) card in a set can have a reverse holofoil version, but not every rare will have a normal holofoil version.
Thank you so much for the help!! I appreciate it.

Back