Ruling Ditto's Copy Anything Clarification

Dave Sontag

Aspiring Trainer
Sorry if this has been asked and answered. For Ditto's Copy Anything attack it says "Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokémon's attack and use it as this attack." Does this include your opponent's Pokémon that are in their discard pile, or just their Pokémon in the active position or on the bench?

I would assume it means Pokémon in play (i.e. Active or Benched) if that's the exact wording.

Text:
Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokémon's attacks and use it as this attack. If this Pokémon doesn't have the necessary Energy to use that attack, this attack does nothing.

Per the Compendium:
Evil Admonition (Weavile - Ultra Prism)

Q. For Weavile's "Evil Admonition" attack, can I count Pokemon in the discard pile with Abilities too, or just the Pokemon in play on the field?
A. In this case the phrase "your opponent's Pokemon" refers to the Pokemon in play on the field, not to your opponent's Pokemon cards in the discard pile or elsewhere. Generally when referring to "your opponent's Pokemon" it means in play unless another specific game zone (like the Discard Pile) is mentioned; if they don't specify a zone, then "in play" is assumed. (Jul 26, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

Back