Dimensional Valley (and Mew EX)

pokedan24 said:
If anyone's brave enough to try tool drop, the stadium should make it a lot easier.

I don't know if you know this or not, but literally one well timed Megaphone ends the game for you. Even if you only have one prize card left, if they play Megaphone, you might as well shake your opponent's hand.

Some other combos (with Mew).

Latias EX (PLF): One energy 40 plus retreat lock and a 2 energy 150 (170 with muscle band).
Infernape (PLS): A free 30 with a disruptive effect and a 120 attack for just 1 energy.
Rotom (PLS): one energy poltergeist (20 damage for each trainer in their hand) and also a free draw attack (well sort of).
Vespiquen (PLS): A couple of years ago, when PLS came out, I tried to make a spread deck around this, but attack cost was such a pain to manage. It would have been so much easier had it only cost one energy, well now that Mew EX/Dimensional Valley is out, I might give it a try again.
Eeveelutions (plasma): Particularly Leafeon and Vaporeon. With Leafeon, you just need to attach a grass energy to Eevee and then with Mew and DV out, you have TWO pokemon ready to attack with energy crush. With Vaporeon, you have an easy answer to psychic weak pokemon EX.
Shaymin EX: Up to 180 for a single energy. Need I say more?

Mora said:
pokedan24 said:
If anyone's brave enough to try tool drop, the stadium should make it a lot easier.

I don't know if you know this or not, but literally one well timed Megaphone ends the game for you. Even if you only have one prize card left, if they play Megaphone, you might as well shake your opponent's hand.

Oh I know that, that's why I said 'brave enough' (though what I really meant was 'foolish enough').

Now that we have some new cards in the future, there are a few more ideas.

Mew EX/Luxray (Flash Fire): Okay not a new card, Luxray's snipe fang does 40 and lets you look at your opponents hand and discard a trainer of your choice. I tried to make some kind of hand disruption deck centered around this attack, but the attack cost of LC made it a lot more challenging to set up. Using this for just L might make it a feasable strategy in the near future.
Mew EX/Manectric EX: A free 20/20 snipe attack and a 60 for L that becomes 120 if they have a tool attached.
M Manectric EX: L for 110 and accelerating 2 energy from the discard pile. The Spirit Link Card for Manectric takes away the biggest drawback of mega evolving.
Wobbuffet: You don't even need Mew for this since this is psychic and you're going to want him active anyway. The attack isn't the best, but for P, you can do 10 times the number of damage counters they have. Not a hard feet with Dusknoir and the new Crobat line

Back