Discussion Did I buy fake full art cards?

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
Hi! Earlier this week I bought 2 full art lillie, 1 copy of the sun and moon ver, one of the UTP ver since I found them for a good price from the same seller. I just got them in today though and neither of them are textured, they seem more gloss/matte kind of like the current non-full art V cards we have (I can try and post a picture if that'd help?). All of the other sumo era full art trainers I have are textured, so I was a bit confused. Anyone have any thoughts on whether these are probably fakes or not so that I can figure out whether to try and get them returned?

Edit: imgur link with pictures below.

Last edited:

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Definitely add pictures so we get an accurate idea.

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
Cards might be fake - the color seems a bit off. And no texture too.
Did you check the credibility of the seller?? Don't always fall for low prices.

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
Cards might be fake - the color seems a bit off. And no texture too.
Did you check the credibility of the seller?? Don't always fall for low prices.
Yeah, the price wasn't super low, seemed reasonable for the two cards. They've sold a bunch of times already according to the seller page, all 5 stars except for one 1 star, so at the time of the purchase I felt they seemed pretty credible. I just looked at a couple more cards they have listed though (the two lusamine full arts from CRI and UTP) and the pictures are from a slightly different angle and look the same as these Lillie cards I got (with the no texture and slight color differences), so maybe not as credible as I originally though. Luckily I can return it though according to site policy if it's possible counterfeits.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Those cards are certainly fake and you should request a refund. Report the seller while you're at it.

Colors are off, lack of texture is a dead giveaway, and the card looks even miscut to an extent. (Maybe it's just damage to the edges.) Nonetheless, bottom line, get your money back.

Guzma4GAME

Aspiring Trainer
Those are for sure fake. You can tell by the lack of texture and the fact that the letters are to close

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Yeah, those are super fake and you should request a refund. I suppose they're nicer looking and more convincing than other fakes out there that are just rainbow foil. Kind of interesting to see.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
The pattern of the foil itself is what gave it away for me. The Sun and Moon full art supporters use the same pattern that rainbows and whatnot use, this looked to be more of what EXs used as well. On a separate note, this does remind me that No-texture errors have existed in the past though but I’m not sure that this gen ever did.

(Also like the others have said-definitely do request a refund.)