• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Dialga EX/Porygon Z Next Destinies- on

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
Hey guys I looked over the scans of Megalo Cannon, and I found Dialga pretty interesting. I decided I would try to make it work with Porygon Z and Max Potion. Im not sure how good of a list this is, so if its not good please give me your input.

Pokémon (14)
3- Dialga EX
3-1-3 Porygon Z
1- Keldeo EX
2- Gold Breaker Bouffalant
1- Tornadus EX DEX
T/S/S (38)
4- N
3- Juniper
3- Skyla
2- Shadow Triad
2- Colress
1- Dowsing Machine
3- Pokémon Catcher
3- Max Potion
4- Colress Machine
3- Plasma Ball
1- Ultra Ball
1- Switch
3- Float Stone
2- Tool Scrapper
3- Rare Candy
Energy (8)
4- Plasma
4- Double Colorless
This is just a bad list that im trying to improve. Anyway the strategy of this deck is to either take all six prizes with Dialga or deck your opponent. If Dialga ever gets too bad hurt, you can just use Porygon Z to put the energy on another pokemon and then max potion. Keldeo is for free retreat with float stone. Tornadus EX is for a heavy hitter and for if you get a bad hand at the beginning. Bouffalant is a non ex attacker for Suicune and Sigilyph.

This list NEEDS Shadow Triad or else it will be unable to get the energy back. Take out a Skyla and the Caitlin for it.

You don't need Caitlin. Switch it and a Rare Candy for Shadow Triad so you can get Plasma Energy back and Porygon Z's back if you need to. I don't think you really need 4 Rare Candy with 3-1-3 Porygon Z. I'd max out Colress Machine too since you need to get energy on Dialga fast. I'd take out a Switch. Since you have Keldeo + Float Stone you don't really need more. So summary:
-1 Rare Candy
-1 Caitlin
-1 Switch
+1 Colress Machine
+2 Shadow Triad

I would take out the plasma tornadus EX and put in a normal Tornadus EX. It gives you many more options as this deck has a huge issue with energy loss. This way if your fully powered Dialga gets KO'd you can still use a normal tornadus with a DCE put out some damage, that being said I would try and tech a Pokemon center, especially since you have keldeo + float stone.

-1 Plasma Tornadus
+1 Tornadus DEX
-2 Switch
+1 Pokemon Center
+1 Shadow Triad

blargh257 said:
This list NEEDS Shadow Triad or else it will be unable to get the energy back. Take out a Skyla and the Caitlin for it.

I never thought of Shadow Triad. That's a great idea. Thank you sir.

Pokewiz1999 said:
You don't need Caitlin. Switch it and a Rare Candy for Shadow Triad so you can get Plasma Energy back and Porygon Z's back if you need to. I don't think you really need 4 Rare Candy with 3-1-3 Porygon Z. I'd max out Colress Machine too since you need to get energy on Dialga fast. I'd take out a Switch. Since you have Keldeo + Float Stone you don't really need more. So summary:
-1 Rare Candy
-1 Caitlin
-1 Switch
+1 Colress Machine
+2 Shadow Triad

I like those suggestion since with Dowsing Machine I have like 2 Switches if I play Quad Snorlax.

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
I would take out the plasma tornadus EX and put in a normal Tornadus EX. It gives you many more options as this deck has a huge issue with energy loss. This way if your fully powered Dialga gets KO'd you can still use a normal tornadus with a DCE put out some damage, that being said I would try and tech a Pokemon center, especially since you have keldeo + float stone.

-1 Plasma Tornadus
+1 Tornadus DEX
-2 Switch
+1 Pokemon Center
+1 Shadow Triad

I like the idea of adding Tornadus EX DEX, but I want to atleast keep 1 Switch in case if my Keldeo is prized. Pokémon Center sounds cool, but what do you think of Plasma Frigate in this deck?

I'd run cards that can counter Kyurem; it OHKOs your Dialga and you can't get the energy back that easily. I don't think there is much that can do that, it is just something to keep in mind, especially since this deck can't recover fast at all, despite running a Time-Based Pokemon. ;)

Anyway, I would say running something to revenge-kill things like Kyurem would be great.

Kecleon-X said:
I'd run cards that can counter Kyurem; it OHKOs your Dialga and you can't get the energy back that easily. I don't think there is much that can do that, it is just something to keep in mind, especially since this deck can't recover fast at all, despite running a Time-Based Pokemon. ;)

Anyway, I would say running something to revenge-kill things like Kyurem would be great.

Maybe a Registeel-EX tech? Just spit ballin' here.

Maybe I could try to fit in a couple of Umbreon to not get one shotted by Kyurem, Black Kyurem, and Genesect, but I have no idea what to take out. What do you guys think?

I'd play 1-2 Genesect so you can attach for a free catcher, then move the energy to your attacker.

Zarco said:
I'd play 1-2 Genesect so you can attach for a free catcher, then move the energy to your attacker.

I would love to use that, but I honestly don't have the space in this deck for it. Its already tight enough.

Back