Pokémon Dhelmise the Tapu Destroyer

Nyora

A Cat
250px-781Dhelmise.png

Dhelmise is a harshly overlooked Pokémon in both Singles and Doubles VGC. Dhelmise has a Base Stat lineup of:
70HP/131ATK/100DEF/86SP.ATK/90SP.DEF/40SPE
giving it a Base Stat Total of 517. Doesn't look like much but looks ok at first glance, but I've learned otherwise using my special set (I hope :p). Steelworker gives it basically another STAB (Same-Type Advantage Bonus) which multiplies the power of Steel-Type Moves by 1.5, making Anchor Shot 120 power. To make it known how it KOs the Tapus, here's a set:

Tapu Anchor (Dhelmise) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Power Whip

I only have Expert Belt because I already had a Life Orb Pokémon (Togedemaru) on my VGC team, where Items are limited. Anchor Shot OHKOS Tapu Bulu and Tapu Lele even if they have maxed out EVs for surviving Anchor Shot and a like 98% chance to die of they have a +DEF nature too, which nobody does. Earthquake OHKOS Tapu Koko for obvious reasons even with EVs though you could Air Balloon, and Brave Bird I'm pretty sure doesn't OHKO Dhelmise itself though I think you'd have to adjust the set to have it live BB. Power Whip OHKOs Tapu Fini, even though it isn't used much. It's a very versatile Pokémon and can hit many other things that there's too much to name (Primarina, Magnezone, Marowak-Alola, (On Crit) etc). Marowak-Alola is the biggest threat but you can put things on your team to deal with that. I hope I have you convinced to use Dhelmise to defeat those pesky Tapus.

Aww, I wanted to make the Dhelmise thread!

This thing is actually really good. I love the Assault Vest set (your moves, EVs are 252 HP / 120 Atk / 110 SpD) as it's a solid answer to all four Tapus.

As a slight edit to your set, you may want to consider Gyro Ball with a Brave Nature instead of Anchor Shot. Gyro Ball will always outdamage Anchor Shot on anything as fast as Jolly Tyranitar (243 speed / +Spe base 61), which is the vast majority of the meta. Check this thread for a reference on speed tiers to see what targets will be outdamaged by Gyro Ball.

That said, I think there may be some merit for Anchor Shot, especially on Assault Vest. Forcing them to stay in while you bring in the check, which is especially cool if your check has a setup move.

Aww, I wanted to make the Dhelmise thread!

This thing is actually really good. I love the Assault Vest set (your moves, EVs are 252 HP / 120 Atk / 110 SpD) as it's a solid answer to all four Tapus.

As a slight edit to your set, you may want to consider Gyro Ball with a Brave Nature instead of Anchor Shot. Gyro Ball will always outdamage Anchor Shot on anything as fast as Jolly Tyranitar (243 speed / +Spe base 61), which is the vast majority of the meta. Check this thread for a reference on speed tiers to see what targets will be outdamaged by Gyro Ball.

That said, I think there may be some merit for Anchor Shot, especially on Assault Vest. Forcing them to stay in while you bring in the check, which is especially cool if your check has a setup move.
beat ya too making a Dhelmise thread. Anyways yeah that's I good idea I didn't even know it got Gyro Ball but Frist thing I wanna do to is for 1 does Gyro Ball change in TR and if not I'm considering a TR team with it.

What about Bulu then. I don't think GB would OHKO Bulu. Then again, I'm to lazy to do calcs.

252+ Atk Dhelmise Anchor Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tapu Bulu: 63-75 (18.3 - 21.8%) -- possible 5HKO
252+ Atk Steelworker Dhelmise Gyro Ball (61 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tapu Bulu: 147-174 (42.7 - 50.5%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO

Did it show up anchor shot being rock? Because it shows up on mine as rock even though it isn't so that might've affected the calcs.

Aha! That's why it was so low. That's a weird bug.

252+ Atk Steelworker Dhelmise Anchor Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tapu Bulu: 189-225 (54.9 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Then Anchor Shot outdamages.

Yeah I was gonna say I think Gyro Ball would be 40-70 power on the Bulu that's why I was skeptical.

Not just a Tapu destroyer, it spin blocks, can rapid spin as well, and trap/take out other rapid spinners! It even threatens and resists the other spinners! The only thing I don't like is that it has no access to recovery :/

Back