• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Deus ex Machina, Amadeus (Ultra Necrozma/Malamar/Steel Types)

Primal Latios

Aspiring Trainer
Good evening folks, Primal Latios here!

I have been fiddling locally with Ultra Necrozma for a while now, having mitigated successes with it!
However, whenever I read articles about the deck, a term seems to be recurring. Inconsistent!
I honestly am saddened because the deck has a lot to give in exchange of a lackuster startup:
Energy Acceleration, good 'synergetic' options, high damage potential.... Yet it seems to be not enough!
On this discussion thread, I am aiming to attein a Deus Ex Machina deck ( Ultra Necrozma/Malamar/Steel Types) that could work in higher level of play.

First, Here is the list I currently have :

Pokemon: 18

4 Inkay (FBL)
3 Malamar (FBL)
2 Ultra Necrozma GX
2 Dawn Wings Necrozma GX
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Kartana GX
1 Celesteela GX
1 Mimikyu ( Copycat)
1 Mr.Mime ( Bench Barrier )
1 Necrozma GX

Trainers : 19

4 Mysterious Treasures
3 Float Stones
3 Choice Band
2 Field Blower
2 Beast Ring
2 Ultra Ball
1 Prof Letter
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Parallel City

Supporters : 11

3 Prof Sycamore
3 Guzma
2 N
2 Cynthia
1 Brigette

Energies : 12

1 Beast Energy
2 Metal Energy
1 Unit Energy PLM
8 Psychic Energy

Pokemon line :

4-3 Malamar

I used That line from the beginning with that deck...the four inkays is basically for consistency issues
and the fact that Malamar is the soul of the maquína! I never quite liked 4-4 because the fourth malamr had a tendency to be a dead card most of the time. For now, 4-3 is the best count, at least in my humble opinion!

2 Ultra Necrozma

Ultra Necrozma is the big stick - the Deus of the deck. His sole role is to beat down any fat evolved/Basic Pokemon that comes in his way like his spiritual predecessor Ray EX. More technically tho, the sole reason I believe that the Ultra Variant is better than The pure psychic one is that Zoroark GX is still a relevant card in the meta! I honestly believed that Buzz would kick it outta there, but how wrong were we... Obviously he's a bit tricky to charge up early game, but I suppose it's the price to pay for such an OP attack!

2 Dawn Wings Necrozma

If Lunala based cards always seemed lackuster in the past, Dawn Wins remedied that fact in full and then some. Her 'horrible' Energy cost being remedied with Psychic recharge makes it an amazing pivot for the deck. If you somehow put a Beast energy, you can muscle through 130 mons like Greninja, Volcanions, Tapu Bulus and the such! At two because that GX attack can save you and it's an attack that dosen't require any discard to do a 120 Flat! Good
Oh and being resistant to Buzzwole helps too...

1 Of Army ( Kartana/Mimikyu/Mr.Mime/Celesteela/Necrozma )

I used a bunch of one ofs in my deck because I kind of enjoyed the toolbox option It gave me.
As I play an effective number of 4 Steel energy and the steel types 'requirement needing only one, it just felt natural to include Kartana/Celesteela in my deck!
Kartana is a skill card that can mess the opponent up by discarding a Special Energy, and you can snatch off a Prize as your GX. Also If you ever use his regular attack, you are still doing 70 Damage, a nice way to get rid of 70 hp basics like rockruff, Winpod or froakie. Celesteela was a tech I added for The Zoroark/Gardevoir Matchup, that thus significantly imroved. that card as good damage, resists the 160+CB tandem that helps buzzwole be so good...couped with a non relevent weakness to lighgning and a resistance to fighting! The GX attack with CB hits 210, 240 with beast energy and flips your prizes, really handy! Mimikyu was basically for the mirror and Mr.Mime because I was annoyed t buzzwoles snipe...Honestly, if you can't deal with jet punch in an efficient way, your deck has very little chance..

Necrozma GX was just natural to include in Malamar and will become much more significant once The psychic lele finally get relesed here in North America. For now it's just an amazing beater that dosen't rely on metal energy.

I'll update my deck choices on another day but y'all feel free to point out any changes you'd make, as I believe that this variant has more of a chance against the other two ogres of the format

Back