'Detective Pikachu' TCG Products Announced for Spring!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Dec 19, 2018.

1. paulyd84 cooltrainerpaul
    paulyd84

That's a true promo i honestly prefer them with a story to them to be actually rare instead of mass produced and worthless! The satisfaction of making the effort too and getting them makes them more special, like back in the wotc days i actually went to NYC from ireland especially for the pokemon store opening (parents where easily pursuaded luckily Lol) and bagged the promos for its opening - just the whole thing around it and story makes it honestly my favorite card i own.

2. Number51x Blasting off at the speed of light!
    Number51x

I got a Yoshida from Japan. Figured that wasn't happening in English.

3. Lechu v 2017 Gamers Rise Up
    Lechu v 2017

Well, 20 dollars for a reprint. I wanna cry.

4. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

I personally would've loved to see a unique promo using the credits artwork. :(

Lechu v 2017 likes this.
  5. hervul Aspiring Trainer
    hervul

You forgot to mention special features also have been announced, including Mr. Mime Audio Commentary.

6. PokemonMasterNate Braizard let's go!!!
    PokemonMasterNate

I literally have that promo card. lol

7. aaron2310 Aspiring Trainer
    aaron2310

Thoroughly enjoyed the movie and am looking forward to picking it up! Shame we've got to wait until September in the UK. :(

8. Snowy Lilacs Aspiring Trainer
    Snowy Lilacs

Why did you hate it, if you don't mind me asking?

I liked it for the most part, though the ending was pretty forced and kinda jacked up. After all he did with Lucy and admitting he likes her, they just threw that away to have a chance to have daddy alive and back in the past. Should've just left it with the dad dead, and Pikachu giving up its body to save his soul...That way we knew what happened with the dad, and he got to have an epic Pokemon partner. With which they could've gone on to do something together after saving the town and then still have a relationship with Lucy....

9. Swampert Full Art #GROOKEYGANG
    Swampert Full Art

I think the main reason I didn't like it was because I felt like the writers just didn't put any thought in to the story. It almost felt like just another episode of a TV cartoon. The ending was also really bad. Also, I was disappointed at the amount of Pokémon that was in the movie. It seemed like they reused the same ones throughout the movie when they could have made different ones.

10. Lechu v 2017 Gamers Rise Up
    Lechu v 2017

NOW WE'RE TALKING.

11. Number51x Blasting off at the speed of light!
    Number51x

There's a PTCGO code for the promo with the card as well. That's a first.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?