'Detective Pikachu' TCG Products Announced for Spring!

I love a retailer promo - i like a promo to have a bit of a story behind it instead of the usual box, tin, blister, prerelease combo - just like the old days wizards knew how to do it

probably GameStop... the guys said they were holding the extras from pokemon day for 'the next one'. Im like, next year? apparently, they have still been doing the promos for each card set, but ive seen no promotion for them. i think the last one i got was the Groudon.

Also, i thought we didnt get the movie stuff till the 29th as well...

Last edited:
probably GameStop... the guys said they were holding the extras from pokemon day for 'the next one'. Im like, next year? apparently, they have still been doing the promos for each card set, but ive seen no promotion for them. i think the last one i got was the Groudon.

Also, i thought we didnt get the movie stuff till the 29th as well...
There was a Suicune but it didn't see US release. Had to get mine from UK.

I think it's great that they give out promos like that. If they opened it up to card and game shops where they actually host Leagues and Tournaments it would direct more people towards playing the TCG instead of creating amature collectors instead of stores where they don't support competitive play.

Being at almost 200 promos already just goes to show how much they overproduce cards these days. What happened to the last few eras where it was actually feasible to complete sets without this much hassle?? They're going a tad too far and I really hope gen 8 fixes that.

(EDIT: I just want to clarify, I know these sets arent the hardest thing to complete. They're nothing compared to Skyridge. I just feel like they're putting out way too much filler these days, i.e. the new full arts/hyper rares/gold items (ESPECIALLY). I just think the way they did it in the last few eras was perfect, with decently sized sets and a good number of memorable ultra rares. Nowadays it just feels like set inflation that could really be curbed if they didn't blow up everything with 3-4 unnecessary versions of ultra rare cards nobody wanted in the first place. Keep it simple. Keep it appealing. Tag teams are a step in the right direction but they had to bloat it with FAs/RRs.)

Anyways, I do get a kick out of these detective pikachu cards, the weird look everything has is going to be really fun to have a set of.

Last edited:
That is quite possibly the ugliest dog I have ever seen. Besides this really fat and short barrel chihuahua i saw. ;)

Back