Art Gallery Delta's Magical Art Factory - Amelia & Yeward

Delta

Selling colourful Pokemon to Celadon Game Corner
RE: Delta's Magical Art Factory - Almost finished editing

Ack, I just re-read your post and I thought you said make the background green or something like that. I hate the fact that that colours compliment themselves sometimes...
Then I adjusted brightness for some reason.
Untitled-8-3.png

Untitled-18.png

Also trying to put some things in the foreground was difficult because I don't save PSD's often because I am an idiot.
But I did it with the next sig! Plus experimentation with brushes.
Umbreon0.png

Umbreon.png

Umbreon2.png

Umbreon-3.png

Umbreon-Border.png
I feel like I could have done more with the background however.

When I've done what I have to do tomorrow I might finally be in the mood to draw some anatomy.
Also still having trouble deducing that Claydol avatar...

Delta

RE: Delta's Magical Art Factory - Quality Art you say?

So I got a few sketches done. Quickest was about 3 minutes while the longest was 20.

Here's some Pokemon with dynamic shading. Might be thinking of having these as my final reserve post. Just some Pokemon related sketches. With a fancy userbar of course. It's just going into the normal sketches subheading for now.
Spearow.png

Roselia.png

ParasectS.png

HitmonchanS.png

ArbokS.png

Here's an Adventure time sketch. We all know Adventure Time is the best so I'd thought I'd give it a shot.
Adventure-Time.png

Finally, a few anatomy drawings. Minimal reference. As always, critique is gladly welcomed. Don't think I did...too bad.
Body.png

Hand.png

And one last thing; isn't it great to have your own reference at hand?
Lovely.png

Delta

Didn't think I was gonna do anything today but I ended up doing something.

Latios Sig
Latios.png

Latios2.png

Latios3.png

Latios4.png

Latios5.png

Galvuntula Sig
Galvuntula.png

Galvuntula2.png

Galvuntula3.png

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member

Latios sig is just :O

As for the second sig, I am not quite sure if the blurriness was the intended effect on Galvantula, but I would work on getting a sharper version of the image. It would make the Galvantula and background become balanced and make the entire piece amazing.

Nice work on both the sigs!

HolyMackerel

been here forevs yo

The biggest thing I can point out to you for anatomy is that things aren't as exaggerated as they may seem. The ridges on the man's torso and the lines on the hand are more curved than necessary. Thing of it this way. For a man's torso at least, the angles should be more obtuse, when the angles you use there almost look like right angles. For the hands, just study some more. Beyond this you are doing very well and I have seen much improvement.

Delta

@Ice Arceus: Thanks, I'm getting into making more banners and avatars so I hope they come out the same quality.

@HolyMackerel: Exaggerated curves, acute angles. I'll make sure to draw smoother in other sketches. Thanks!

Was going to scrap this until I sharpened it up. Now I'm just not sure what to do with it.
AggronP.png

AggronB1.png

AggronB2.png

AggronB3.png

AggronB4.png

HolyMackerel

been here forevs yo

Well, with this banner I know exactly what to do with it on Photoshop, so I hope there's something similar to it on GIMP. The sharpening really brought out the brightness of the lines, which gives off a nice look, but also had the downside of looking a little pixally. So, the way to fix that is to duplicate a layer of the sharpened image, then set it over the other layers. Then set the layer to Overlay and change the opacity if necessary. Then viola~ You have a sharp image with the bright impulse, without the pixelled look.

Delta

I tried doing what you said, Dupe>Blend Mode: Overlay but it still doesn't come out right. Even with a few Opacity changes.
HMs-solution.png

On a lighter note I finished the Sandslash. I thought the sketch would be better suited for it. I like 'messy' (with lack of a better term) drawings more than finer drawings.
Fergy.png

And I am redrawing the Ampharos.
xdfghj.png

Still haven't got those legs sorted out.
EDIT: This may take a lot longer than I thought. Not paying attention to the Ampharos physique was a mistake and now I have to redraw a few parts and the lineless isn't coming along all that well...*sigh*

Still thinking of adding more than just Ampharos though but it might be an even bigger bother if I add say like a Manectric or a Beedrill in there. But If I'm smart and pay attention from the beginning it shouldn't be such a hassle.
Speaking of, another sketch involving the same things:
Thought I did but didn't :x Where is that thing?

Delta

Progress!
Progress.png
It's not perfect but much better than it would have been if I didn't redraw it.

Also lineless is out of the question. :[ Ampharos is being a jerk about it.

EDIT: Found that thing I was talking about.
lolwat.png

HolyMackerel

been here forevs yo
RE: Delta's Magical Art Factory - Haha! Art! Yeah! Hahaha!

Wow, nice adjustment with Ampharos! I would suggest that if your keeping the lines, you might want to clean the ones on the girl, just so that it's a similar style. And I would also add some tweeks to her face, because the eyes just seem a bit off, maybe try a different style or something...I'm not too sure what to do about that one except erase and start again. XD

The pose on the chair is very nice, even is messy. The only thing I can really suggest at this point is to pay close attention to the neck, since you have to be careful with how it flows into the neck, since it most cases you want it to look natural.

So...yup. Well done, I really enjoy seeing your work.

Delta

Cheers, teegrun.
I'll get to finishing those two drawings off after Art of the Week. I'd like to come up with a good idea this round.
And thanks HolyMackerel, that means a lot.

Meanwhile.
2-1.png

1-1.png

Black canvas = Better canvas

Delta

Thanks teegrun.

Bloobaloop.
Anatomy, Monsters...the whole shabang.

1-2.gif

2-2.png

3-1.png

4-1.png

Text on the gif is probably going to be changed and higher quality next time I do work on it.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf

I'm really enjoying that "Perker Berll" GIF. XD

Nice Scizor, too! :)

HolyMackerel

been here forevs yo

The gif is funny, and differently colored backgrounds are definitely fun to play with, no need to limit yourself to black and white!

Delta

RE: Delta's Magical Art Factory - Draw. Eat. Sleep. Draw. Repeat.

Good to hear from you again Nekoban Ryo. Thanks!

I know there is no need to use Black and White all the time. It's just simplistic. I'll try to use more colours in the future.

I was drawing again tonight and no-one stopped me so I had enough for another update, which is nice. All large images so hold onto your hats. If you don't have hats, then a personal belonging will suffice.
1-3.png

2-3.png

3-2.png

4-2.png

6.png

7.png

G.png

Delta

The only reason why I have updated 3 days in a row now is because
A. I'm going away for a bit again so I won't be able to update as much
B. I didn't think I would be in the mood to draw as often as I have.

Alas it is not a bad thing. Swimmer Carbunkle, N sketch and Quick Minute poses below.
3-3.png

2-4.png

1-4.png

Should have saved them for a bigger update.

EDIT: I almost forgot. I drew an Ace then painted it.

GCSE-Art-Form4-MonkeyDAceFinalPiece.jpg

EDIT2:
I AM THE DEVIIIIIIIILLLLLL
YYEEEEEEEEESSSSS.png

Aoki

Aspiring Trainer

I love the painting of Ace!

Delta

Thanks Dark Giratina
Managed to get some sketches done while I was away; now marvel at my intense photography.

SUNP0034.jpg

SUNP0035.jpg

SUNP0037.jpg

SUNP0039.jpg

SUNP0041.jpg

May update with better pics, I doubt it though.