RE: Delta's Magical Art Factory - Anatomy Practice and Monster Designs

It...did it...again...
Only this time I wasn't as far in.

1-1.png

2-1.png

3-1.png

4.png

Your drawing is definitely improving, I can especially tell with the Charizard. One thing I might mention which will be hard to explain is the perspective of the head, specifically the mouth. You can tell by the rest of the body that he is supposed to be looking completely horizontal. Well, his head is just slightly tilted towards the viewer, and I'm not sure if it's intentional. If it isn't then it's an easy fix to be honest.

With dragons, perspective has a lot to the mouth, especially in this case. And the best I can put it is that if you would take it's bottom jaw and make it just slightly more narrow, it would be completely horizontal.

Of course, this is just me being a picky neat freak, and that might have been the thing you were going for, so....yah.

Thanks, perspective has always been something I want to improve on, drawing things that really 'pop-out' of the page, so to speak, has always interested me.
Okay so, narrow mouth, watch the tilt. Awesome.

Also I am never gonna get better unless either me or someone else is overly critical. Don't worry about it.

Just a few more doodles with an improvement on the sharzard. I'll get back to drawing ligaments and whatnot next time I update.

H1.png

H2.png

H3.png

H4.png

H5.png

H6.png

H7.png

Awesome improvement with the charizard. I also like the small dragon heads you added.

I suppose they could look like dragon heads, I just used Scizors claw to draw perspectives. Also, as promised: (Any critique, gladly accepted and always taken into account)

H8.png

Nice job on the "Dat Der Dem Anatomy" drawings, Delta. I have a question about one of your drawings. Is that supposed to be the shoulder bone on the man located near the top right? If it is, which I am guessing, then it will need some work since it's standing out a bit too much because the shape doesn't seem quite right. Besides that, all your other drawings look great and I do like the poses on a few. Keep it up! :)

Oh wow, I must say that I'm extremely impressed with your human anatomy, especially since it's one of the first I've seen from you. However, I do have some suggestions.

In the top left picture you did very well, but the man was a little thin when in proportion with his pecs. To be honest I think that the right line covering the outer shape of the stomach causes more problems than the left. It's in the excellent shape and expresses the muscles well, but it just curves in a bit too much. Again, maybe it's just me being nitpicky. Also in this one there is the raised harm with the hand crunched in the fist. I won't talk about hands since it's a common subject that almost every artist struggles with. But I do intend on talking about the muscle on the arm. It's a little big and exaggerated. Again, just take away the curve of both sides a little bit, and it should be fine.

The top right one has excellent points. I think you did very well on the head and neck. However, with the torso and arms I have some suggestions. The torso in men is very tough, since the slightest exaggeration can make them appear to have curves, which men generally don't have. I run into this constantly, which is why you don't see many men coming out of my gallery. XD

But again, the lines on a man is he is more muscular are easier to express if they are more sharpened and less exaggerated. Something that helped me and that I see you're already beginning is that I always begin the structure of a man with boxes. It just makes it easier to receive the curveless results when you start without curves.

The others have similar problems, and there's no real need to repeat myself. You've done really well so far, and I'm surprised at your steadfast improvement. Well done my good sir, I shall tip my hat to you on the way out.

Ice Arceus said:
Nice job on the "Dat Der Dem Anatomy" drawings, Delta. I have a question about one of your drawings. Is that supposed to be the shoulder bone on the man located near the top right? If it is, which I am guessing, then it will need some work since it's standing out a bit too much because the shape doesn't seem quite right. Besides that, all your other drawings look great and I do like the poses on a few. Keep it up! :)

Hahaha, yes that is supposed to be a shoulder. I...I got nothin', I really should have spotted that sooner. I appreciate the feedback!

HolyMackerel said:
Oh wow, I must say that I'm extremely impressed with your human anatomy, especially since it's one of the first I've seen from you. However, I do have some suggestions.

In the top left picture you did very well, but the man was a little thin when in proportion with his pecs. To be honest I think that the right line covering the outer shape of the stomach causes more problems than the left. It's in the excellent shape and expresses the muscles well, but it just curves in a bit too much. Again, maybe it's just me being nitpicky. Also in this one there is the raised harm with the hand crunched in the fist. I won't talk about hands since it's a common subject that almost every artist struggles with. But I do intend on talking about the muscle on the arm. It's a little big and exaggerated. Again, just take away the curve of both sides a little bit, and it should be fine.

The top right one has excellent points. I think you did very well on the head and neck. However, with the torso and arms I have some suggestions. The torso in men is very tough, since the slightest exaggeration can make them appear to have curves, which men generally don't have. I run into this constantly, which is why you don't see many men coming out of my gallery. XD

But again, the lines on a man is he is more muscular are easier to express if they are more sharpened and less exaggerated. Something that helped me and that I see you're already beginning is that I always begin the structure of a man with boxes. It just makes it easier to receive the curveless results when you start without curves.

The others have similar problems, and there's no real need to repeat myself. You've done really well so far, and I'm surprised at your steadfast improvement. Well done my good sir, I shall tip my hat to you on the way out.

A little thin? I see what you mean. That might have an effect on the left leg also, but fattening the figure out a little should sort that out.
I didn't think the stomach lines curved enough, shows what I know. :I
Although I did just draw a quick hand, I should always draw everything to the same standard. But besides that, the muscle is sticking out, rather embarrassingly

Thanks for the critique, I'll keep all of this in mind when drawing in the future. I do read all feedback and take it into account, even if I don't mention it in the post. Thanks again.

Well...I don't like posting without an update usually so...
I've been drawing this for years!
Untitled-5-1.png

EDIT: Also, going away for a few days, won't update until at least...Sunday?

RE: Delta's Magical Art Factory - Does the apostrophe mean it's in my possession?

So, trying my hand at pixel gifs and making a new banner/sig/whatever for the thread.

TowerBoom-1.gif

2-2.jpg

1-2.png

RE: Delta's Magical Art Factory - Does the apostrophe mean it's in my possession?

Really liking the GIF, Delta. I do notice a small problem after 2-3 seconds of the animation. The gray particles freeze when the darker particles are breaking off the structure. Besides this, everything else looks great. I am looking forward to seeing your finished version of the banner for this thread.

I like the gif, very creative, not much to suggest since I typically just do sketchy animations. I like the banner so far and hope to see results.

Sprite-0008.gif

Still trying to come up with a design for a gif banner, prefferably filled with colours. But on another note; I'm not sure whether to make this into a monster design yet but we'll see. A work in progress.

1-3.png

2-3.png

3-2.png

4-1.png

EDIT: Made my decision
5.png

RE: Delta's Magical Art Factory - My Art thread is the Art thread that will pierce Xous's Art thread!

I actually tried to do quite a lot these past few days but never got anywhere with them so I decided to continue work on a few old things I never finished. I'm gonna finish up anything I have left in the thread so I don't have any loose ends. Maybe not anytime soon but I intend on finishing them. Maybe I should slow down a little.

Skull-4.png

Ohyeah.png

Also a wallpaper I was working on. I am aware of the spelling errors.
1311243578415.png

EDIT: Prototype gif banner
Untitled-2-10.gif

RE: Delta's Magical Art Factory - Apostrophe Mad!

That wallpaper is sick. So is the gif, but it took forever to read it all haha.

Thanks a lot safariblade. It's about to get harder to read...and...it will get harder to read later. You'll see.

29beyyo.gif

Also why hasn't this been made?
Yup-1.png

Oh and in case I hadn't mentioned it I am gonna make this into the fakemon I posted a while back. Only better drawn.
de.png

I like the skull, it's very accurate, and the wallpaper has impressive design. The pokeball banner made me laugh, especially with the timer ball and quick ball. and excellent shading on the dragon so far.

Thanks HolyMackerel, also why haven't I posted in your thread yet? You make interesting art.

Okay, I just want to confirm, is this the forums, my monitor or me going crazy?
Are these blurred in anyway? In the Direct Link it shows up fine but when I image tag it it shows up like this:

PPUBU.jpg

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr237/Peta_026/PPUBU.jpg
This happens with every image of that size. 300x20 etc...all file types

Oh and I must point out that I am simply adding the text to the wallpaper.

I compared both of them closely, but they appear similar to me. I don't see any blurriness in the ones you provided.

I think the biggest problem with that is just the colors surrounding it. It's easier to see the black when it's surrounded by black, but when it's surrounded by a bright white it sort of drains it's color, making it look bland and blended. But no big deal, not like you can change the color of the forums.

And thank you! I easily accept suggestions and feedback so feel free to stop by.

Back