Art Gallery Delta's Magical Art Factory - Amelia & Yeward

Delta

Selling colourful Pokemon to Celadon Game Corner
RE: Delta's Magical Art Factory

Is it just me or do people keep posting after I update 3 times?
Thanks a lot anyway!

I do need a little critique on anatomy however. Take a look at this.

Hand.png

The area circled Red is the point where I need a little confirmation. If the bottom of the finger highlighted green was straight, would the area highlighted in red work? I can't make the wrist come to meet the knuckles without making it look incredibly thin. My question is what do I change to be able to make this work, the space between the index finger and the thumb or the index finger itself?

btw, going to try to update with at least 2 images per post. I noticed I have posted a lot but not actually updated a lot.

Edit: Guess I better do what I said. lol
Untitled-2-6.png
(What I could scrape from the bottom of the folder, literally.)

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
RE: Delta's Magical Art Factory - If anatomy was a person, I would hate him

Love the hand sketches! I can't draw hands at all! XD

Aoki

Aspiring Trainer

I love the detail of those drawings but if you are looking for a critique then I guess I can give it out.:) In the hand sketch, the index finger looks longer than it should be and the top has quite a few bumps, and not to mention that the thumb is a little lower than it should be. Maybe you could decrease the length of the index and bring up the thumb a little more and it should look great! :)

Delta

Hands are probably the most awkward part of the body to draw, that's why measurements are so important, thanks Typhlo Wolf! I'll try to improve on the hand from more angles in the future but for now; MONSTER DESIGN!
Untitled-2-7.png

Some say it's the outcome of a madman, I say its the outcome after listening to an hour of 8-bit tracks.

Jirachi

Smile!

Whoa! Thats really cool. Keep it up!

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member

I usually tend to draw hands for some reason because they turn out good most of the time (but not as good as yours). The things I would work on with the hand would be the fingers. The thumb looks a bit chubby due to the angle and the ring finger needs to be a bit thin to match the shape of the middle finger.

I really do like the overall concept of your Monster Design.

Delta

Thanks for the advice, I've drawn another fist; with basic shading and coloured shading. I hope you'll find this more natural to the eye. (Oh look at me trying to act smart.)

Hand1.png

Hand2.png

Hand3.png

If I have access to a scanner I might upload some more randoms drawings tomorrow, I'll have a lot of time to draw so hopefully I can squeeze out a few pages.

EDIT: Just realized I haven't done anything Pokemon in a while due to a big Pokemon piece I am working on.
I choose you CHRRRZRRRDD!
CHHRRRZRRRRD.png

It's so awesome I uploaded it to photobucket twice!

Jirachi

Smile!

That charivari is the best charizard ever! It's amazing! :D I think it looks great, but just a little problems with the second finger from the right. It looks really good! Keep it up!

Vulpix-core

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

If anatomy was a person, I'd probably try to assassinate him. You seem to be friends with this anatomy person though, because if I ever thought my anatomy was good, I was dead wrong. Your hands are AWESOME (/me has an annoying inability to draw hands) and your bodies are great too! May I ask what kind of tablet you have by the way? (I have the Wacom Bamboo Pen)

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member

Nice fist!

The main things I would work on with the fist would be the shape of the fingers and the wrist. There were only two small problems I found with the fingers. The ring finger goes from thin to large if you look closely and the bottom half of the pinky goes in a sharp downward slope. The wrist has a pretty large bump which makes a transition to a slimmer part. Besides that, everything seems to be good.

Delta

@Jirachi: I moved my hand when I got half way through the ring finger because I suffered the most pain you can get out of a cramp. I think I just continued without trying to get the right angle again.

@AnimeUSA: Thanks! And for the record, I use Wacom Bamboo Pen too. With free software included, fancy. I'll get to drawing more bodies and heads soon.

@Ice Arceus: The ring finger seems to be a real problem huh? I thought the pinky was a little sharp but I thought nothing of it. My own wrist does have a bump due to it's 'boni-ness' but it shouldn't be that thin, I agree. I have also been told that the thumb seems a little big for the perspective, I should improve on that too.

Edit: Moar Monstorrs
Morr.png

Delta

I think I have found my new passion, skulls. These are just as addicting as hands, I just love drawing them. Torso's aren't too bad either.
Critique would be great!

Badabing
Skull-1.png

Badaboom
Skull-2.png

Badabazinga
Skull-3.png

Jirachi

Smile!

Scary. Those are pretty good skulls. Keep it up!

Delta

I'm sorry, I wasn't drawing on form today. I wasn't happy with the top one and the bottom isn't even worth any credit. Hopefully I can churn out something notable over the next 3 days.
The only reason I didn't scrap these is because I am still learning the skull. I'll come back to these and start practicing torso's.

Untitled-3-2.png

Delta

RE: Delta's Magical Art Factory - Anatomy Practice and Monster Designs

Practicing a few hands from memory hand drawn, I can't scan them at this moment in time so have a few scribbles.

Artistic
Banner-3.png

Untitled-2-8.png

12-1.png

*Delta finally goes to get some paint done.

Delta

I doodled some scenery and put a big monster in it during a free period today, thought it would make something interesting so I started drawing and colouring it.

Two.png

One.png

Jirachi

Smile!

:) haha. I love the way you drew the monster.

Delta

I few advancements. Clean up and a little more colouring+blending. It's turning out better than I expected considering I don't know much about digital painting.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Edit: AH GAWD! Photoshop closed down without any warning and I hadn't saved the PSD. It's a curse! I'm never doing digital painting ever again

HolyMackerel

been here forevs yo

The monster looks cool so far, but sorry about photoshop. I've had plenty of stories where I accidently closed something, or PS just shut down. Bleck. But oh well, as long as you keep trying. Also, nice skeletons, I really like the rib cage!

Delta

Thanks for the Mathematical feedback.
Adventure-Time-Sprites.png
Also look out monster!

Untitled-10.jpg

I've managed to get some of the drawing back into separate layers, hopefully I can still finish it but obviously it will take longer.