Art Gallery Delta's Magical Art Factory - Amelia & Yeward

RE: UninstallPaint.exe - Delta's Art Dump - Gotta do more work that LOOKS good

If I had to pick one thing I have trouble with, it would be trouble with borders. Needs a little resizing to be a banner but I just can't put in any borders. It really irritates me when I can't finish a banner just because of the border.
Untitled-4-4.png

Also here's my entry for the FB water-type competition w/description. The image may be sub-par but, my god, I put effort into it's description.
422070_370831626271957_100000353693580_1289393_1930567092_n.jpg

Name: Lernaephon (Ler-nay-fon)
Japanese Name: Mizuserei
No:***
Type: Water/Poison
Abilities: Poison Point/Own Tempo
Classification: Water Spirit
Height: 6”06’ (2.5m)
Weight: 226 lbs.
Capture rate: 45
Base egg steps: 20,000
Experience Growth: 1,150,000 Slow
Base Happiness: 0
EV’s: 3 Sp.Att
Egg group: Monster
Evolutionary Chain: This Pokémon does not evolve.
Locations: Cerulean Cave
Pokedex Entry Black: The fabled Lernaephon waits in the cave for who is destined to capture him and fights with all his might to deny them their destiny.
Pokedex Entry White: While waiting for the next who dare crosses his path, it finds itself amused by taunting the nearby KADABRA.

If you looked at this normally, you would think I just picked the numbers out at random and hoped that I would get more likes this way. However, I have researched every number (most of the time), comparing it to other water type Pokémon, mainly inspired by those on the competition banner no less. Not only have these numbers been drawn and concluded from other Pokémon, but also from its Greek origins, which is also where the inspiration came in.
It is based off the Greek monster ‘Hydra’. There have been multiple headed Pokémon, both recently and way back such as Dodrio and Hydreigon to name but two, but to my recollection, they haven’t been based off a water type, nor have anything to do with Greek mythology. So there is where my originality comes in.

The Hydra is now more commonly used as some sort of 3 or 2 headed dragons, the size of average man; however its sub grouping is water spirit, which is where its Japanese pun name comes from, and its type inspiration. The English name is also a pun, just like every other Pokémon name. The Hydra’s full name in Greek mythology is the ‘Lernaean Hydra’ and its parents were the Typhoon and Echidna. Trying not to make it sound too much like anything else, I took its first name and merged it with its parent’s name, Lernaean and Typhoon, to make Lernaephon. Perhaps it might be better as Lernaephoon, but it already had as many characters as Feraligatr, in the name and it didn’t really NEED it, so I kept with the ‘ae’ spelling.

I think that’s everything. Thanks for reading my rather in-depth one off Pokémon. A little disappointed that no spriters out there gave this a shot. If I win or lose I might be considering putting other sketches in my art thread or the fake creations. Good luck everyone and vote for Lernaephon!
- Delta

RE: Delta's Art - Nice looking things have been added

Some of my Photoshop work has been loosely based off tutorials, here are some that have been a complete tutorial. Sometimes with a few things added at the end.
Apocolyptic-Scenery.png

Uninstall-2.png

RE: Delta's Art - Nice looking things have been added

Thanks, I noticed that the wall on the right is off centered but I like the outcome
Also fire:
Chandelure-AOTW.png

RE: Delta's Art - Nice looking things have been and always will be added - 4 digit views is all that matters!

i like the growlithe & jolteon - very nice

RE: Delta's Art - Nice looking things have been and always will be added - 4 digit views is all that matters!

I love the chandelure and avatars! I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks for the support guys.
Asarilari:
mh670o.png

RE: Delta's Art - I heard you like Mass Effect

GSHCKLDUH!

25ptgty.png

Ack...I gotta post something to tide over the thread...I haven't really done much...
2rz89k0.png

^wow. That looks amazing! Keep it up! Love the rest too especially the chandelure and the ones above it

Very Cool! I like a lot of these! KEEP IT UP!!!

RE: Delta's Art - Oooh, haven't I gone all gothic

I thought I would spoil you so, I spent an hour and a half drawing this up at school, still need another half hour to finish it though.
Medication.png
Let me scan it and finish it tomorrow instead of a lousy webcam picture.

As I said, I would complete it and give you guys a better picture:
Untitled-7.png

Re-uploading these for the benefit of first post. These aren't new.
#252 - #296
252.png

253.png

254.png

255.png

256.png

257.png

258.png

259.png

260.png

261.png

262.png

263.png

264.png

265.png

266.png

267.png

268.png

269.png

270.png

271.png

272.png

273.png

274.png

275.png

276.png

277.png

278.png

279.png

280.png

281.png

282.png

283.png

284.png

285.png

286.png

287.png

288.png

289.png

290.png

291.png

292.png

293.png

294.png

295.png

296.png

Triple posting ftw

Thanks Dark Togepi
Things are coming soon, mainly sketches as I am planning to buy a few sketch books. I am going through my folder to find interesting things and I am running dry.
Neon-Wings-1.png

Trying out a new graphics tablet.
Fist.png
I'm thinking about making this into an observation page, anatomy, shading and whatnot.

RE: Delta's Magical Art Factory

Getting used to it, still working on anatomy though.
sketch-1.jpg

RE: Delta's Magical Art Factory

I like the detail of the hand sketch! :)

Back