• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Delinquent/Giratina An Oddly Useful Deck

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
I faced a guy at an LC and he had this really annoying deck with him. At a glance it looks terrible, but when you play against it, it's actually really good.

Pokemon: 13
4 Giratina EX
3 Unown
2 Shaymin EX
2 Hoopa EX
2 Hydreigon EX

Trainers: 38
4 Parallel City
4 Red Card
4 Delinquent
4 VS Seeker
4 Puzzle of Time
3 Fighting Fury Belt
1 Super Rod
4 Ultra Ball
4 Random Receiver
2 Float Stone
2 Special Charge
1 Lysandre
1 N

Energy: 8
4 Double Dragon
4 Double Colourless

Open Spots: 1

The whole point of the deck is to get your opponent down to one card using Delinquent and Red Card. That's achieved with Random Receiver, Puzzle of Time, VS Seeker, Unown and Shaymin. On top of that, it proceeds to annoy M Scizor, Mewtwo and Ray players with Renegade Pulse while also locking with Chaos Wheel. The Hydreigons are in there for the free retreat, as well as for defence against Cabink and Regice since the deck mainly runs Delinquent. The reson for the low Supporter count is because of Random Receiver. The Giratina matchup is a little iffy, though. So any help for that would be appreciated. I was only able to figure these cards out from playing and asking him, so I honestly have no idea what to put in for the last four slots. I don't have a budget for this, so I'm open to anything.

Last edited:
This is a very interesting deck, and one that just might work if it can consistently survive attacks. My suggestions are:
Add 1/2 N, since they provide both draw and disruption.
Add 2/3 Sycamore, just for draw.
Add 2 Lysandre, to kill the Garbodor most mega decks will use to hit you.
Add 1 more Special Charge, to provide consistency.
To account for this, remove the Unowns.
P.S. Since I have not tested this deck, I can't recommend exact Sycamore/N counts for you.

This is a very interesting deck, and one that just might work if it can consistently survive attacks. My suggestions are:
Add 1/2 N, since they provide both draw and disruption.
Add 2/3 Sycamore, just for draw.
Add 2 Lysandre, to kill the Garbodor most mega decks will use to hit you.
Add 1 more Special Charge, to provide consistency.
To account for this, remove the Unowns.
P.S. Since I have not tested this deck, I can't recommend exact Sycamore/N counts for you.
Probably should have mentioned this, but the reason it has no Ns, Lysandre or Sycamore is because it decreases the chance of Random Receiver working successfully. Though I think one N and Lysandre wouldn't hurt too much. I like the idea of having that extra Special Charge.

Random Receiver Goofy Times, it has been too long.

I would think Energy Discard Trainers would be perfect for a disruption styled deck. Not sure on the spread of Grunt/Crushing/Enhanced but if you're worried about a Chaos Wheel Lock you could used Enhanced because like you they will be using Double Dragon. Also could stop Regice for a turn as it will also be using Double Colorless. I think Two Enhanced Hammers would be good.

Pokepuff could also be handy as you could drag out a Pokemon after a Red Card then force them to discard everything.

Random Receiver Goofy Times, it has been too long.

I would think Energy Discard Trainers would be perfect for a disruption styled deck. Not sure on the spread of Grunt/Crushing/Enhanced but if you're worried about a Chaos Wheel Lock you could used Enhanced because like you they will be using Double Dragon. Also could stop Regice for a turn as it will also be using Double Colorless. I think Two Enhanced Hammers would be good.

Pokepuff could also be handy as you could drag out a Pokemon after a Red Card then force them to discard everything.
Adding two Enhanced Hammmers and a Pokepuff sounds good. What do I take out? I guess the other Supporters?

You spoke of a bad match up against the mirror and I believe you could remedy this with the inclusion of 1/2 Pokemon Ranger. Also I agree with the others even with the random receiver I feel this deck would get itself dead handed so adding draw support would be a plus and if you take a hit on a couple Tina's then N would disrupt and get you back in the game.

Woah, woah, woah, woah. A couple of question, 1. Are you a Canadian player? 2. Is your first name Kate? 3. Were you playing Mega Mewtwo/Garbodor?

Hmm what to replace for Grunt and hammers... I think I would take out a Special Charge down to one and have two Enhanced Hammers. Since you're not running Sycamore you'll have more chances to grab your special energies with Puzzles instead so:

Pokemon: 13
4 Giratina EX
3 Unown
2 Shaymin EX
2 Hoopa EX
2 Hydreigon EX

Trainers: 39
4 Parallel City
4 Red Card
4 Delinquent
4 VS Seeker
4 Puzzle of Time
3 Fighting Fury Belt
1 Super Rod
4 Ultra Ball
4 Random Receiver
2 Float Stone
1 Special Charge
1 Lysandre
1 N
2 Enhanced Hammer

Energy: 8
4 Double Dragon
4 Double Colourless

As for the Flare Grunt not sure but the Hammers should be useful. Sorry for the late reply I've been asking for help with my own Giratina deck at league.

Replacing the unowns with crushing and enhanced hammer, would help against giratina and jolteon.

Back