JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Defiant Band has been revealed from ‘Scarlet ex’! Cards from the Japanese sets Scarlet ex and Violet ex will combine with any additional new cards from the three Japanese ex Starter sets to make up the majority of our Scarlet & Violet base set in March.
Defiant Band – Trainer
Pokémon Tool
If you have more Prize cards remaining than your opponent, the attacks of the Pokemon this card is attached to do 30...

Continue reading...

Pikachu2111

Aspiring Trainer
Weird seeing this as choice belt will be reprinted along with these sets. However, definitely welcomed. 100% gonna see more play than choice belt upon release and as more ex's release. Still kinda odd they didn't errata Choice Belt instead...

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Choice Belt isn't being reprinted in SV. If you're talking about Crown Zenith, that's still F-mark.
Choice Belt *is* being reprinted in Scarlet & Violet, with the G regulation mark. It has the new Tool template and everything.

Choice Belt is not in Crown Zenith.

Last edited:

Pikachu2111

Aspiring Trainer
Choice Belt isn't being reprinted in SV. If you're talking about Crown Zenith, that's still F-mark.

There will probably be a true "Choice" tool for ex eventually.
It is being reprinted with a g regulation mark. It's coming with the premium trainer box. Here it is.
IMG_4774.webp

AtsaniCyan

Aspiring Trainer
I actually see this being an expanded card rather than used in standard. There's several decks built around being behind on prizes and this card could add more viability to those decks.
Standard rating 3.5/5
expanded rating 4.5/5

magikarp ex

wouldn't you like to know.....
I'm pretty sure they said in the original reveal that there would be a great focus on coming back if you were losing this gen.

This looks like a great start and hoping for a functional "N" reprint

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
It is being reprinted with a g regulation mark. It's coming with the premium trainer box. Here it is.
IMG_4774.webp
My first thought was "Huh, that's pretty weird". My second thought was "is there any pokemon that can hold two tools in standard?".

+60 damage jank, here I come!

Tvoretz

?
My first thought was "Huh, that's pretty weird". My second thought was "is there any pokemon that can hold two tools in standard?".

+60 damage jank, here I come!
en_US-SWSH9-088-honchkrow_v.jpg

Honchrow V can hold 4 Tools, but even that leaves its attack maxing out at 250.

smich_01

Casual PTCGO Player
I love everything about this card. The right amount of balance while still being powerful in its own right. A great comeback card that will see plenty of play for sure.