• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Deep Blue (Kyurem + Kyogre EX)

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
I don't need anyone to tell me that Kyogre is a bad EX, I get that, that's why I bought him in the first place. Taking that into consideration I did my best to give that big hugable whale some TLC in the form of a BW-on deck.

However, with several consistency issues I'm noticing during my playtesting I have opted to get rid of my level balls and heavy balls I used to run for 4 dual balls. Also including the Feraligatr line. But this leaves me in an interesting predicament, so I decided to convert the deck to a much more friendly HGSS-on.

4 Kyurem (NV)
2 Kyogre EX (DEX)
2-1-2 Feraligatr Prime (HGSS)
Total: 11

12 {W}
Total: 12

4 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 N
3 Professor Juniper
2 Cilan
4 Dual Ball
4 Exp Share
3 Junk Arm
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Rare Candy
2 Random Receiver
2 Pokemon Communication
2 Switch
2 Energy Retrieval
Total: 37

Basic strat: Start with Kyurem and get a T2 Feraligatr for raindance abuse. Glaciate till knocked out with backup Kyurems and Kyogre with exp shares to continue the bench spreading madness. Kyogre's dual splash used for late game sniping to grab double or even triple prizes if I knock out an EX.

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
I think the reason you're not getting any help is because this, is actually a great list, you can't change anything. Personally, I think you should drop the Energy Retrieval, simply because if you max Exp. Share, you won't have discarded energy.

My changes would be:
-3 Energy Retrival
+1 Totadile (I like 3-1-2 lines better)
+1 Exp. Share (Rotate Energy)
+1 Junk Arm (Trainer Use)

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
Well thank you anyways, I figured either everyone hates the idea of Kyogre being used in anything, or this deck list was so tight no one has any clue what to do with it.

I like the increase in exp shares since playing my tetrakion gave me the idea since neither fighting nor water have can use eels or dark patches.

-1 Energy Retrieval
+1 Exp Share

Though through play testing I used to run with 3-1-2, but I started seeing my Totodile be my only starter for awhile instead of Kyurem and that's a nervous situation forcing me to do an early switch or discard a precious energy. Also with my VVV I run a 2-1-2 Vileplume and that seems to work fine for me getting t2-t4 plume and this deck has way more searching options since its an auto-lose to trainer lock anyways. So I'm going to keep that at 2-1-2 for the time being.

And I want the extra Junk Arm, but I know I'm going to feel really scared without any Energy Retrievals, and just running one doesn't really help. I used to run 4 but I recently dropped one for another catcher, and I may just do that again + the junk arm. Catcher stalling really helps this deck out, and if I ever meet a Reshiram or Groudon I can catcher them for super effective spreading to increase this decks effectiveness.

-2 Energy Retrieval
+1 Junk Arm
+1 Pokemon Catcher

Well, there goes my safety net. I'm kinda excited for this deck to be honest, almost want to run it over my tetrakion for battleroads this weekend. Of course I don't go to battleroads to win much, but it would be nice =P

Entei

Wild Entei fled . . .
Pokémon Catcher is also a great way of slowing your opponent down. Catcher out those big and heavy pokémon and stall. This will give you more time which believe me - you need. This deck can be fast if you get the right draw, but most of time you are going to be a bit slower than most decks in this format.

Also, I don't see why you prefer 4 N instead of 4 Oak or 4 Juniper. Juniper or Oak is propably better in this kind of deck, where you should focus on getting setup rather than getting that late game disruption with N.

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
I wouldn't say this deck is auto loss to trainer lock simply because of Feraligatr, if you get him, a kyurem and a Kyogre, you can take out the plume in a few turns.

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
@Entei - I run max N's because for the purposes of early game setup they work just as well as PONT, but with the added bonus of helping out your buddy. And by help I mean 50/50 shot ruining their hand or giving them the best hand they could ask for.

So I'll probably switch out an N for a PONT, I never like running 4 Junipers.

-1 N
+1 PONT

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
4 junipers is horrible, in any deck, you're already burning through this deck quick enough during set up, four junipers brings you too close to deck out.

Blah

DBT
Emopanda133 said:
4 junipers is horrible, in any deck, you're already burning through this deck quick enough during set up, four junipers brings you too close to deck out.

That's not true, I run 4 Juniper in most of my decks and I have never decked out. N can also easily put cards back into your deck at the end.

Anyway, the list is looking very solid right now. My only suggestion is to take out Cilan because it messes with your Random Receivers, but it works so well in this deck I don't really think you should.

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
Cilan works great with someone like the water gater who can attach multiple energy in one turn. Cilan can bulid up an entire Pokemon in a turn, if you spread the energy, you can potentionaly build up two Pokemon.

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
@Blah - Ya, I really like my Cilan, but so far my random receivers haven't hit 'em yet but I know that they will the moment I start playing in battleroads.

On a side note, did more play testing against several trainer lock variants most specifically VVV and I actually like the results. Turns out if I either keep drawing into energies or use my lovely Cilans to keep energies in my hand, I rarely get my Feraligatr out but the prize race is so close to the very end where we almost deck each other out. One well placed dual splash can really mess up victini and vileplume so I can not worry about the victory star paralysis lock or the trainer lock as much as my zekeels, tetrakion or my darkrai/tornadus do.

On another side note, playing against zekeels + raikou isn't an autoloss either with this deck, just severely disadvantaged, if I know my opponent is packing eels, I am very conservative with putting my kyogre's on the bench and just try to win the prize race by knocking out their eels while I get beat on by zekrom/mewtwoEX with kyurem only, which is a pain but it just takes 3 turns and all eels are dead. Tetrakion that run groudon/landorus is an almost instant win, if no groudon/landorus its still really easy to just catcher/snipe their exp shares to disrupt their rotating engine. And I haven't done much testing against Darkrai/Tornadus, but Darkrai is not as strong as a spreader as kyurem in terms of sheer numbers, but beats out kyogre hard. Since I don't run a stadium, I know of a few Tornadus variants that just rely on their opponent to 9/10 times use skyarrow bridge so my deck will be a surprise.

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
Alright, today was a super fun day.

Went 2-3 at Battleroads with this deck, and I had fun every single match. To be fair, it is a lot better than I expected. Kyogre/Kyurem is a really fun deck to mess around with, but today taught me a lot about how I could actually play this deck to come out ahead next time.

First off though, I want to give a shout out to the fact that I DON'T LIKE EVIOLITE! Gah that card makes my spreading job so much harder. Kyurem's doing 10 damage a turn is LAME!

Now that is out of the way, on to some battle statistics/reviews. My first battle I feel kinda bad for, Due to a the large number of Master's players and super small number of Seniors we all got paired up, but only the Master's were allowed to make top-cut. So my first match was against a Senior that had the Zekrom theme deck + a few Thundurus. I started with my Kyogre and the moment he said "Omg its an EX I lost" I was like, yep, free win for me. 1-0

My next match was against someone a little more up to speed, he ran a Darkrai/Tornadus EX variant but he didn't play any of the Tornadus since I didn't have a stadium out. We got down to 1 prize card each and a clutch junk arm and catcher won him the game. Knocking out my Kyurem with Darkrai + dark claw and a few special darks. 1-1

I could have sworn I was going to win this next one, but I was sorely mistaken. It was against full Entei. Unfortunately he knew exactly what he was doing, and only had one Entei out for most of the game. It would have been a quick win for me but he also managed to sneak 4 potions, 4 moomoo milks, and 4 max potions into his deck list, so my Kyogre hitting for 100 SE was just gone the next turn, while he constantly 2-shot all of my pokemon. If I had loaded up my Feraligatr with energies I may have been able to knock out 1 pokemon at least. Total loss for me though 1-2

My next match went a lot like my 2nd one, against a Darkrai variant with Weavile and Zoroark and a Shaymin. We got down to 1 prize each but once before I could land the double knockout on both of his Darkrai's, giving me the game, a clutch catcher knocked out my benched Kyurem when the Kyogre I had out would have been left with 10 hp. 1-3

My last game was a little more in my favor, but not by much. Battling against yet another Darkrai variant, this one with Terrakion/Groudon instead however. If it wasn't for the SE hits on both of his Groudon's, I probably would have lost this one too. I finished the game with Feraligatr hydro crunching his Darkrai that had 60 damage on it already, since he removed his eviolite from it for a dark claw, and started to one-shot my Kyurems. 2-3

Despite not playing against any competent Zekeels players, this deck did better than I thought honestly, but that isn't saying much when I was expecting to go 0-5...

I hate eviolites, I could probably use some lost removers in this deck, the amount of special dark and prism I battled against was too damn high. But I have no idea where to fit them in. The energy retrievals must stay because they won me the last game I played. Each match took almost to the 0-1-2-3 turn timer since knocking out EX's with 30-50dmg spreading takes 10 billion years. Either way, I'm happy with the results and do plan on running this in Battleroads tomorrow and next weekend.

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
sounds like an awesome deck kyogres got potential in the right builds btw I'll laugh if something like this takes worlds lol

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
Ok, after we looking over my deck list, I realized that I didn't run 4 junk arms and 4 catchers at BR this weekend, so I fixed it to accurately show what I ran. I was using 2 energy retrievals instead of the catcher + junk arm and I'm glad I did, because even with the exp share recycling, the energy retrievals really gave me an edge.

Anyways, on to Battleroads day 2 with the Ky-Ky spreading monster.

So my first match was against the champion of Battleroads from yesterday and his Darkrai/Tornadus EX list. Well, before I say what exactly happends, I start off the day going 0-1. His Tornadus donk'd my Kyurem after I went 0-4 on 2 dual balls. During a fun rematch, I got my T2 Feraligatr and he also starts really strong. We take prizes back and forth but I came out the victor in the end. Too bad that battle didn't count towards my standings though. 0-1.

My next match was against the only person to run an Empoleon/Terrakion list and despite my slow start and him getting a quick catcher kill on my Totodile. Not to mention he almost decked himself out since he was using 3 diving draws a turn, but he was also packing super rods and fishermans so he probably would have been alright. Anyways I almost came back but a few plus powers later and a catcher got him the last prize 1 turn before I sealed the win. 0-2

This was the first time I ran against a Truth variant and despite there being 2 other Truth's that were widely more successful than he was, he still ended up beating me. It was a Vileplume/Reuniclus with no EX's, just Zekroms and Reshirams with a ton of double colorless and prisms. His T2 Vileplume ruined my chances of getting a T3 Feraligatr so I had to do without it the entire match. Also never drawing into Energies and only using one Cilan and no hope of using my exp shares meant i had to just send up pokemon to die. Spreading damage on a bench with a Reuniclus isn't the best idea in the world. Consistently outraged me for 130 while I had no energy or Feraligatr to retaliate. 0-3

So I'm feeling a little down knowing I wont beat my last Battleroads stats, but Kyogre never gives up!

Fought against a Durant deck that also went 0-3, lets just say I made him go 0-4 so fast it hurt me inside a bit. 1-3

My last match was against a rogue deck that I was surprised it even got 1 win that entire day. It ran bad ursarings, bad beartics, articunos, and 16 water energies and 4 double colorless. Another easy win for the giant hug-able whale. 2-3

So despite the Darkrai/Tornadus I fought earlier once again taking the champions seat at my Battleroads, At least I know I can beat him if I get T2 Feraligatr + cilan and successful dual balls. Sounds like a lot to ask for, and honestly, it is, but the deck is still really fun to play, as well as the looks on my opponents faces when they hear of my victories is priceless. Afterwords, since I didn't battle a single Zekeels either of the days, I battled the 2nd place finisher and his Zekeel's list best 2 out of 3. I won 2-1. This deck is not afraid of Zekeels, just don't bench the Kyogres and use Feraligatr to one-shot their EX's once they get 60-80 damage from the Kyurem spreading (which is 2-3 turns of spread so easy enough to accomplish).

So that's me blabbling about this deck some more. Still need to find room for either another switch, an enhanced hammer/lost remover, or a junk arm. My problem though is I never draw a card (except for late game and I draw a dual ball or croconaw or something equally worthless late game) that I don't need. I even showed my list to other battlers and they were stumped on how they could change anything, its just way too tight, there is 0 wiggleroom and it makes for a mediocre deck overall.

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
Another weekend, another Battleroads. The Ky-Ky spread engine did average yet again. Finishing the day once again 2-3. I'm sensing a pattern here.

First match was against Zekeels. And I started with Kyogre and Totodile. Right now I'm feeling really bad but then it gets worse. Go 0-4 on my dual ball, draw into no switches and got my Totodile catchered and killed starting the day 0-1. Since it ended rather quickly we did a "fun rematch" which of course I start strong and so does he, but I come out ahead in the end, taking 3 prizes in one turn for the win. 0-1

Next game was against another Zekeels but he had a really bad start, or a bad deck, either way It was an easy win for just my Kyurems, didn't even bench Kyogre. Started with a Zapdos and a tynamo, by the time he could start sniping my bench I already had Feraligatr and Glaciated once. 1-1

My next 2 games went pretty much the same, both vs Darkrai/Tornadus, getting really close to winning, but their eviolites slow me down and their dark claws can snipe my Feraligatr in 2 turns with a catcher. 1-2, 1-3...

So I'm a little sad that I didn't get to beat my old record and finally go 3-2, but alas thats what I get for running this deck. My last match was against a 1-3 sore loser, his only win was from a bye he got last round and he was just fed up with pokemon. Constantly swearing, slamming his fists and overall just not upholding any resemblance of the Pokemon Code of Conduct. I stomp his sorry a** into the ground for 2-3. He ran a steelix prime rogue with Bisharp-dark and Zoroark-bw. Don't know what he expected but I'm not sad he went 0-4 today.

Closing notes, this is my last battleroads with KyKyspread, and don't worry, you will not see this deck at Nationals, or at Worlds, its bad. It's not super bad, but winning 50/50 against any deck you face isn't good by any means. This was a fun experiment and I'm glad to have shared it all with you guys. When the BW-on rotation hits september and fall battleroads begin, this deck is getting shelved forever.

Blah

DBT
Hey man, congrats on winning any games. This is a completely rogue deck, and no matter how bad you did (which isn't really even bad at all), it's still an accomplishment to build a deck that not many people have tried before and win some games with it. Sorry about that last guy you faced, playing against people with bad sportsmanship is never fun.

Congrats on the wins, and good luck in any rogue decks you make in the future :)

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
Thanks a lot man. I was honestly surprised how well this deck worked. I'm no miracle worker, but I did my best to let Kyogre see the light of competitive battling.

And it's not like I always make rogue decks, just Zekeels and Darkrai/Tornadus are boring to play and are everywhere so I'm trying to have fun in the current format. I'm working on a thing with Registeel EX and Klinklang currently maybe even for my september battleroads, I guess when Dragons Exalted comes out in august I'll see how popular that card is.