Fun Deck Player Stereotypes/Mottos

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
Hey, so I had an idea. I know that what deck you play deck you play can sometimes stereotype you, and thought it might be fun to see if there are some funny stereotypes for people who play certain decks. On top of this, I thought there are phrases that people who play certain decks are likely to say. In case I'm being confusing, as I have a tendency to do, here's an example:
Seimitoad players are heartless sadists, and their motto is, "I hope you didn't want to actually PLAY this game."

Here are a couple of my favorites:
1. Wailord players are all hippies who wanna play a deck they think nobody else does, even though it's slightly meta.
2. The motto of energy moving deck players is, "I can work with this."
3. Literally every unlimited player is someone who tries to get you to say you think unlimited isn't broken so they have an excuse to play their deck against you.
4. Guzzlord GX players just want to be able to say they play a 35 energy deck.

NOTE: Please keep this lighthearted and don't say Greninja BREAK players are all cheaters. Obviously, these aren't true (except possibly, "I can work with this," so please don't think I'm trying to insult anyone)

I actuay imagine Buzzwole players being tue anti-meta hipsters, as it came about as a means to smack down Zoroark. The sweer irony is they created a meta in the process, the very thing they hate.

I think deck-out players as a whole (Wailord, Wishwashi, Sableye) are the non-homicidal psychopaths, or the villian from old cartoons who has the top hat and pencil thin mustache. They like to twist the mustache with their fingers while sneering "You almost had it! Gotta be quicker than that!" as they Acerola/Life Dew their active pokemon.

Lol, now I'm going to picture that every time I see a deck-out deck (which is going to be interesting, since I play a fair amount of Wailord on the PTCGO).

I like to think that players who use oddball decks are hoping to hear Josh from Team Fish Knuckles say "Oh boy, Pokemon. What is going on here?"

Umm anyone who plays total item lock, shock lock, or wailord probably hates having fun and wants everyone else to feel the same or are the type that feels winning at any cost is worth the misery of others.

Umm anyone who plays total item lock, shock lock, or wailord probably hates having fun and wants everyone else to feel the same or are the type that feels winning at any cost is worth the misery of others.
Ummm, I play Wailord a fair bit actually. I can assure you that I very much like having fun. I also don't care that much who wins, as long as it's a good game. If I only cared about winning, I would only play Night March, since obviously that deck is super strong right now. I don't play Wailord with the express purpose of causing other people misery, I just play it because it's fun and unique, which is basically the best thing I could ask for.

Rogue players convincing Garb players to turn to playing memes
That's amazing. I love playing rogue decks. I'm very proud that, when I go to my league, even the most knowledgeable people there will have to ask what my cards do sometimes. 'Tis truly a beauty when you beat someone with a deck/card they didn't even know existed.

that's what I love about watching fan fridays on youtube. You never know what kind of match up you'll see, but it's always terribly interesting and ridiculous to watch.

as for Wailord, I don't know why there's so much hate. A guy played it at a local league cup. I sat next to him during one of his games while his opponent proceeded to lambaste him for his deck choice. The guy was so mad because he was losing to a deck he thought didn't take "any skill to play". I think he was just mad because he couldn't win.

as for Wailord, I don't know why there's so much hate. A guy played it at a local league cup. I sat next to him during one of his games while his opponent proceeded to lambaste him for his deck choice. The guy was so mad because he was losing to a deck he thought didn't take "any skill to play". I think he was just mad because he couldn't win.
I agree. It’s similar to the xbow in clash royale, if you play that. Just because you get good at playing the game a little differently than everyone else doesnt mean you didn’t get good.

Hard up control player here. Been playing control builds across 5 games over the span of 16 years.

I play control builds because they are the only archetype that make sense to me. If I’m playing competitively, I am not responsible for how much ‘fun’ you think you’re obligated to.

Hard up control player here. Been playing control builds across 5 games over the span of 16 years.

I play control builds because they are the only archetype that make sense to me. If I’m playing competitively, I am not responsible for how much ‘fun’ you think you’re obligated to.

PREACH IT!!!

I mean sure not my business if everyone who gets paired against you hates you. Continue doing what your doing I merely gave my opinion on the chat subject

I mean sure not my business if everyone who gets paired against you hates you. Continue doing what your doing I merely gave my opinion on the chat subject

You can have your opinion on it, I’m just saying that if you go against a control player with the belief that they are out to make you miserable. Self-fulfilling prophecy. You WILL be miserable.

You can have your opinion on it, I’m just saying that if you go against a control player with the belief that they are out to make you miserable. Self-fulfilling prophecy. You WILL be miserable.
I agree. I don't play competitively, but I do go to my league basically every Sunday. One of the nicest people there is a Trevenant/Accelgor, Durant Mill, and Greninja BREAK player. Instead of letting myself get tilted by the lock/mill decks, I just kinda joke about it. It's definitely a self-fulfilling prophecy that control decks make you miserable.

Oh, and I put in a Verizion EX because hooray for Fairy Box and it's random Techs.

Anyone who plays a Tord Reklev-style Zoroark GX line just wants a free tournament win and a bunch of CP.
Anyone who plays Greninja immediately gets me on fair play alert.

Back