Deck Lists and Trainer Holos Revealed for “Pokemon GO V Battle Deck – Mewtwo vs. Melmetal”

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The deck lists for the “Pokemon GO V Battle Deck – Mewtwo vs. Melmetal” have now been revealed! As posted before, it will release on July 1st along with most other Pokemon GO TCG products.

Pokemon_TCG_Pokemon_GO_V_Battle_Deck—Mewtwo_vs._Melmetal-194x200.jpg

P7782_290-85049_11-200x200.jpg

Also revealed are the extra Trainer cards that will come in the (above) bundled version. They include three holo Professor’s Research (Professor Willow), two holo Boss’s Orders (Giovanni), two Rare Candy, two Lure Module, and two Egg Incubator.

P7782_290-85049_07-200x200.jpg

P7782_290-85049_06-200x200.jpg

The bundled version includes two 60-card decks...

Continue reading...

It's honestly disappointing to see these starter decks return to the old and terrible hotchpotch deck construction of yesteryear. These decks have no game plan in mind and with that no clear path to upgrading.

What happened to the brilliant construction of how they designed starter decks of the late Sun & Moon era? They made decks with cohesive strategies and included cards that fit into that strategy. Not cards that are last second throw ins. The decklists of those past starter decks had immediate paths to upgrading IN ADDITION to usable staples. The Team Up Charizard and the Ultra Prism Garchomp Decks were stunning examples of this.

I will never understand why Pokemon dropped this far more excellent and high quality philosophy to starter deck construction to return to the terrible last second knocked together decklists that we saw prior to the end of the Sun and Moon era. They got it right before, and no the shiny V does not make things any better.

I would honestly give a Battle League Deck to a new player than one of these horrible V Battle Decks. The gameplay experience with a Battle League Deck would be much more enjoyable as you have a more consistent and refined list. You have a deck that knows what it wants to do and it does it well. And most importantly, you have a deck that has a clear path to upgrades.

Why did they keep that white box on the Willow card? It makes no sense if it doesn't come with a code.

What happened to the brilliant construction of how they designed starter decks of the late Sun & Moon era? They made decks with cohesive strategies and included cards that fit into that strategy. Not cards that are last second throw ins. The decklists of those past starter decks had immediate paths to upgrading IN ADDITION to usable staples. The Team Up Charizard and the Ultra Prism Garchomp Decks were stunning examples of this
I sadly have to agree with you,Sun and Moon decks used to focus more on strategy,but Sword and Shield decks focus more a out the type of a certain Pokémon.
Also the main Pokémon in these decks never has good attacks,like in the older decks.

I sadly have to agree with you,Sun and Moon decks used to focus more on strategy,but Sword and Shield decks focus more a out the type of a certain Pokémon.
Also the main Pokémon in these decks never has good attacks,like in the older decks.
The attacks of these new "main" Pokemon have been terrible. I get that they're not supposed to be amazing and competitive as they're starter decks but that is no good reason. The decklists also teach new players awful deck construction. No decks, apart from Inteleon, plays mostly 1-2 of Items cards when it's mostly 3-4 counts. No one should be using pyramid evolution lines, full stop.

These seem to look more and more like beginner traps the deeper you look into them. I'm waiting for people to come and defend these embarrassments of starter decks saying "they're for kids" or something. That is no excuse to make these starter decks so bad. That only hurts their case. If these truly are for kids then they deserve better.

They’re returning to the X and Y days of battle decks

Back