• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard DeciZoroTales (Decidueye GX/Zoroark GX/Alolan Ninetales GX)

Wechselbalg

brb
Wow, a non-homogenic deck in which every tech can also double as an attacker? What happened to this game? /s

Anyway, I'd like some suggestions as to what to take out, what to swap for what etc. Literally zero people play Kartana or Xurkitree (and Goomy) right now so I'm thinking the Alolan Muk can definitely be swapped for either another Zorua, Vulpix or even a Magcargo. Or another Max Potion/Judge.

Pokémon - 18
1 Ditto {*}
1 Zorua
2 Zoroark-GX
2 Alolan Vulpix GRI
2 Alolan Ninetales-GX LOT
4 Rowlet
4 Decidueye-GX
1 Tapu Lele-GX
1 Alolan Muk

Trainers - 34

4 Professor Elm’s Lecture
2 Acerola
1 Rescue Stretcher
4 Ultra Ball
3 Timer Ball
1 Pal Pad
4 Rare Candy
3 Guzma
4 Cynthia
4 Weakness Policy
2 Mallow
2 Max Potion

Energy - 8

4 Rainbow
4 DCE

Last edited:
Anyway, I'd like some suggestions as to what to take out, what to swap for what etc. Literally zero people play Kartana or Xurkitree (and Goomy) right now so I'm thinking the Alolan Muk can definitely be swapped for either another Zorua, Vulpix or even a Magcargo. Or another Max Potion/Judge.
Keep the Alolan Muk. It evolves from Ditto[*] in your deck, so if you don't need it Ditto can evolve to something else and you can use Alolan Muk as Ultra Ball/Zoroark fodder. It's only one deck slot, and definitely worth it if you run into a Hoopa/Xurkitree/some other obscure basic with an ability.

4 Weakness policy is quite a lot... Do you really need them? I have never seen more than 2 in a list. Guess it's for your Blacephalon-GX match-up? In that case, I guess adding 1 Alolan Vulpix and 1 Alolan Ninetales GX (water) might help as well. But you would need Choice Band too, but I guess you would need Choice Bands anyway to get OHKO combined with Feather Arrow's if you attack with Zoroark, or adding some damage with Alolan Ninetales GX.

I still would like to test this deck with Swampert instead of Zoroark, but I haven't done that already so I'm not sure how consistent that would be, and whether your attacking options would be sufficient given that all your attackers need 2 energy attachments (although counter gain could help getting some surprise attacks.

I decided to run 4 copies of weakness policy because this deck is very defensive and it is useful on all three of them. (Mostly Zoro and Deci as there is no relevant metal deck at the moment.)

I don't like the idea of running Swampert instead of Zoroark because:
1) Swampert needs 2 attachment to attack and is only good against Blacephalon
2)You have to give up 1 Rare Candy to get it out, and all of those should be reserved for the Decidueyes.

there is no relevant metal deck at the moment.)

How dare you? Metagross/Solgaleo/Max Potion has a 90% win rate, at least in my area. It is slow, but it's tanky enough to survive anything except Garchomp and Blacephalon.

How dare you? Metagross/Solgaleo/Max Potion has a 90% win rate, at least in my area. It is slow, but it's tanky enough to survive anything except Garchomp and Blacephalon.
Thing is, the results you may have gotten are not matching with the ones seen in tournaments. At LAIC this year, there was no Metagross/ Solgaleo or dusk mane necrozma that made day 2. The closest thing to a viable metal deck in day 2 were a few metal techs and a gene sect deck which came in 58th. Unfortunately, now is not the time for metal.

Thing is, the results you may have gotten are not matching with the ones seen in tournaments. At LAIC this year, there was no Metagross/ Solgaleo or dusk mane necrozma that made day 2. The closest thing to a viable metal deck in day 2 were a few metal techs and a gene sect deck which came in 58th. Unfortunately, now is not the time for metal.
And I think in your message you pointed out the root of the problem: blacephalon. With the deck hitting weakness, causing each energy discarded to do 100 damage, solgaleo and dusk mane have a hard time setting up when blacephalon can knock out both with three energy.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I think in your message you pointed out the root of the problem: blacephalon. With the deck hitting weakness, causing each energy discarded to do 100 damage, solgaleo and dusk mane have a hard time setting up when blacephalon can knock out both with three energy.
Pre-Blacephalon was an optimal time for it imo. Alas, Blacephalon is now a thing and Metagross is restrained to my local league.

Back